Nintendo reaffirms that Advance Wars 1+2 is not cancelled, but doesn't know when it will release

Nintendo continues to insist that Advance Wars 1+2 has not been cancelled, though they're still refusing to provide any updates on when it might release.

The remake of the first two Advance Wars games was expected to release in April 2022, but was delayed due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Since then, it has remained in limbo, despite the fact that it appears to be completed, based on the fact that one user was able to download and play the game with no issues.

After its absence from yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Axios' Stephen Totilo reached out to ask if the title had been cancelled. A Nintendo rep told him that "The release has been delayed. We will announce the new date once it has been determined."

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I feel like this is sensitivity gone way too far. Like, yeah, the war sucks but unless there’s a mission where you are playing as Russia and invading the Ukraine, I doubt anyone would be upset with this game’s existence. If there is someone who’s upset, chances are higher that they were looking to be upset

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I feel like this is sensitivity gone way too far. Like, yeah, the war sucks but unless there’s a mission where you are playing as Russia and invading the Ukraine, I doubt anyone would be upset with this game’s existence. If there is someone who’s upset, chances are higher that they were looking to be upset
Don't give them ideas- *Gets shot in the head*

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The world has been in a constant state of war since WW2, probably even earlier. There hasn't been a day without some sort of military skirmish going on in some part of the world. Might as well just cancel it if that's their reasoning.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they are just waiting for the publicity of this particular war to die down...otherwise the game will never get released.

Axmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry but i fail to see how a foreing war can cause they delay of THIS game, what Nintendo fear that the people compare the Game theme with the war? If that so it's really stupid IMO

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Russia wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Russia's victory. If Ukraine wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Ukraine's victory.

The only way Nintendo could have avoided appearing political was if they just released it when it was ready back in April. Nobody would have cared.

Now I think that they're going to wait like a year or more after the war finally ends before they release it to put some distance between it, meaning we shouldn't expect this any time soon.

Also, if Russia brings out the nukes and destroys the planet, we're never going to get it.

This is just a bad situation Nintendo voluntarily put themselves in.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If Russia wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Russia's victory. If Ukraine wins and they release it, then Nintendo is celebrating Ukraine's victory.

The only way Nintendo could have avoided appearing political was if they just released it when it was ready back in April. Nobody would have cared.

Now I think that they're going to wait like a year or more after the war finally ends before they release it to put some distance between it, meaning we shouldn't expect this any time soon.

Also, if Russia brings out the nukes and destroys the planet, we're never going to get it.

This is just a bad situation Nintendo voluntarily put themselves in.
Ukraine's victory is the preferred outcome, to be honest...

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think there are some Russian-like villains in the game, which made Nintendo plays it safe.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think there are some Russian-like villains in the game, which made Nintendo plays it safe.
But if they are villains, I feel like Nintendo could actually profit off that :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0