Nintendo reaffirms that Advance Wars 1+2 is not cancelled, but doesn't know when it will release

Nintendo continues to insist that Advance Wars 1+2 has not been cancelled, though they're still refusing to provide any updates on when it might release.

The remake of the first two Advance Wars games was expected to release in April 2022, but was delayed due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Since then, it has remained in limbo, despite the fact that it appears to be completed, based on the fact that one user was able to download and play the game with no issues.

After its absence from yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Axios' Stephen Totilo reached out to ask if the title had been cancelled. A Nintendo rep told him that "The release has been delayed. We will announce the new date once it has been determined."

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, if Russia brings out the nukes and destroys the planet, we're never going to get it.

This is just a bad situation Nintendo voluntarily put themselves in.

Russia won't use nukes- they are only after that eastern boarder bloc for all the natrual resources

nuking would defeat the purpose.

you'd be surprised how incredibility ineffective nukes are for anything other then scaring opposition to invade you- really that's all they are for- when in use they completely destroy resources- and no one wants that. They'd rather invade using more nefarious tactics and embargos and trade wars....

kinda like what China is doing to the poor African nations and another way to the rest of the west- owning lithium mines under Canadian companies in the US and shit like that, people want power and control- USING nukes doesn't give them that, it just protects them from invasion.

anyway, Advance Wars should've long since came out.

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
time to put on my tinfoil hat and say this is just a basic PR answer and the game is probably just going to be quietly shelved. seems like it'd already had development issues if the pre-war delay is any indication, maybe it isn't up to snuff and they think they'd be better off just not putting it out.
I agree. Everyone's moving onto FE Engage now.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Regular video game japanese company afraid of « risks » ?
Like come on, at the time I could understand even tho I felt like it was a reach, but they're still afraid now ?? That's insane

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
IMO it's the most stupid excuse for delaying a game with a cartoon war themed design for me they are just covering because the game has serius bugs problems that should be resolved before release but they never had the balls for telling the truth to people

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
IMO it's the most stupid excuse for delaying a game with a cartoon war themed design for me they are just covering because the game has serius bugs problems that should be resolved before release but they never had the balls for telling the truth to people
I've stated it before, but the original game was delayed releasing in some regions because of 9/11.
So it's not crazy that they are doing at again - although I don't agree with their decision!
I don't think there's any cover up going on :D

Reactions: Sicklyboy

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I've stated it before, but the original game was delayed releasing in some regions because of 9/11.
So it's not crazy that they are doing at again - although I don't agree with their decision!
I don't think there's any cover up going on :D
I know that but imagine that the conflict goes on for 3 more years are you that patience and willing to wait that much because Nintendo is sensitive to the extremes?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel like this is sensitivity gone way too far. Like, yeah, the war sucks but unless there’s a mission where you are playing as Russia and invading the Ukraine, I doubt anyone would be upset with this game’s existence. If there is someone who’s upset, chances are higher that they were looking to be upset

blue moon, essentially a standin for russia with its very russian snow loving CO Olaf, has invaded the peaceful little nation of orange star at the start of the game.
also say what you want, they're foregoing money on a stance, that does earn them some respect in my eyes

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There was one dude who had it pre-loaded and could play it for some reason but, to my knowledge, it hasn't been dumped or made publicly available.
it was one girl with a non-hacked console and people expected a normal person to send their 300 dollar device to some random person across the nation just so some people could get a game early like lol

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
blue moon, essentially a standin for russia with its very russian snow loving CO Olaf, has invaded the peaceful little nation of orange star at the start of the game.
also say what you want, they're foregoing money on a stance, that does earn them some respect in my eyes
It’s respectful but definitely just feels like could just add a disclaimer at the start like the SMT series. The “this is a work of fiction and anything that mirrors real world events is purely happenstance,” kind of warning

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It’s respectful but definitely just feels like could just add a disclaimer at the start like the SMT series. The “this is a work of fiction and anything that mirrors real world events is purely happenstance,” kind of warning
Nintendo would never bother doing something like this lmao

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great. Now spend that time to make a new game that has actually appealing graphics that don't look like they came straight off of a 2012 Play Store game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here