ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i was just gonna sit and try to homebrew my new Nintendo 2ds XL but now im wondering if its safe? Should i do it or wait?

Perfectly safe but the steps on 3ds.hacks.guide have just changed slightly and the PicrossHax is no longer there.

Reactions: Steffenfield

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perfectly safe but the steps on 3ds.hacks.guide have just changed slightly and the PicrossHax is no longer there.
Damn, the people behind the guide are so fast. Lifesavers.

When my finances are as stable as the 3DS firmware (if that's even possible) I'm sending them a healthy donation.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It might not work for installing b9s anymore, but good ol' Stickerhax still opens the Homebrew Launcher, and presumably the other *hax exploits still work too. Not that anyone has had much reason to use that in a long time – but Pichaxx might make a comeback if another exploit is discovered that starts from there.

Is this different from ntrboot? If so, has ntrboot also stopped working? I've only just come across a flash cart that might work for me and it hasn't arrived yet. I need it to unbrick my 3DS. The chance of this being a problem probably isn't very high, but I'd still like to know in case issues end up occurring anyway.
ntrboot uses an exploit in the boot ROM which cannot be updated. It seems very unlikely that it is going anywhere.

(Besides, it's not like your "bricked" 3DS can somehow get a system update.)

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3DS stole eShop's stability, that's why eShop is getting closed

The update 100% wasn't needed to shut down gift cards being added, the buttons still there, but it just errors when you put a valid giftcard code in.

Time to wait for people to document error code 026-3278 lol

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_191611.jpg
    IMG_20220830_191611.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220830_191417.jpg
    IMG_20220830_191417.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of us were using old Luma versions, since Luma "just works" and didn't require updating to fix any major problems over the last few years.

I just updated to Luma 11 and 11.16.0-48, and everything works, although I'm sad to report that I can't watch YouTube videos in the N3DS browser anymore. I get error 032-2600 when I try to play a video (whatever that means). Thankfully, ThirdTube still works. :)

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think Nintendo tricked us into updating because we thought that there would only be an update for removing the gift card option, but we actually got a patch for something and the gift card option is still there.
Why would they need to do that? Nintendo aren't shy about trying to stamp out piracy and CFW.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So from what I’m gathering here it’s safe to update but I need to also update Luma3D or is it unnecessary?
Press Select when booting up your 3DS and I believe it should show your Luma version.

If the Luma version is 11 or newer, then it's safe to update.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not 4th of July yet