Nintendo Switch firmware 18.0.0 has been released

switchhhh.png

It's the first Nintendo Switch firmware update of 2024. Made available as of today is system software version 18.0.0, marking a new milestone. According to the patch notes, not much is brought to the table in this update, which features a new timer option for auto-sleep, and Korean as a supported language for the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls video. Under the hood, however, it looks there there's some substance, as it has broken support for Atmosphere. SciresM says that it'll take a few days to get around to, but expect to see a new Atmosphere update that supports version 18.0.0 in the near future.

Ver. 18.0.0 (Released March 25, 2024)​

• Added “15 Minutes” as an option for “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” in Sleep Mode Settings.
  • Added Korean as a supported language for “Nintendo Switch Parental Controls” introductory video.
    • When the console language is set to Korean, the video can be accessed from Settings > Parental Controls.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jebus and i only just upgraded to the latest version prior which was annoying!

Id imagine the newer games prob wont work unless the firmware is upgraded to v18?

I will hold off until at least a few weeks/months when everyone else on here has upgraded and it all works okay and there are little to no complaints lol. 👍

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For anybody who hasn't heard about the recent news, the sigpatches repo has been taken down due to a harsh DMCA claim by Nintendo. For now, if you're willing to mod your Switch on the latest firmware, do NOT update until new patches are created.
It won't be support for sigpatches in the next atmosphere if they haven't reversed their position

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck you Nintendo, I just spent an hour or two trying to figure out why my brand new Switch that I got today doesn't let me boot into emuNAND. Turns out it's because they released this update right this evening when I was setting this up. Now I must wait until sigpatches roll out.
Maybe Riicon.... err WiiLink can do something about it? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
you mean atmosphere will block sigpatches or?
It won't block them, but won't "support" them either. SciresM was always against the piracy and, I guess, for the better. Because of that, Nintendo probably can't do much against Atmosphere. Recently, he removed IPS patch parsing from SD filesystem, meaning that if you boot into Atmosphere via Atmosphere's fusee.bin, sigpatches won't work. But, if you boot into Atmosphere via Hekate's FSS0, package3 will be loaded and sigpatches will continue to work as usual (once they are released, that is, and if Nintendo doesn't do anything about them in the meantime).

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Patience is not a vertue. Or "no longer". Being patient today is actually naively thinking anything will change/work out in the right way.
patience is always a vurtue, regardless of the result.
Post automatically merged:

For those who are impatient again "When will Atmosphere finally work again?" and constantly ask:

SciresM is traveling in Japan ! And will be back a in few Days/Weeks.

View attachment 427870
why do people need the latest update tho... that was always confusing to me.
Post automatically merged:

honestly tho... im getting sick of nintendo news here and in general. im starting to feel like buking when i see them lately.
not only that games on their system look like shit compared to other systems to the point where you NEED a hacked switch
in order for them to look decent, but they are acting like dicks lately.
it just rubbs me the wrong way.

I admit i used to be nintendo fanboy, but now i just believe valve is what nintendo used to be, and better.
Id much rather buy same game from steam store than from nintendo store, just because they arent the dick company...but thats just one reason tho.

Last edited by Metoroid0,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck you Nintendo, I just spent an hour or two trying to figure out why my brand new Switch that I got today doesn't let me boot into emuNAND. Turns out it's because they released this update right this evening when I was setting this up. Now I must wait until sigpatches roll out.

Congrats. You won yesterdays GBATemp "Entitled Spoiled Brat of the Day" award.

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid that Nintendo will update the 3DS next after this. I even got another 3DS on Saturday last week from eBay and it still hasn't arrived yet.

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help my switch updated my dog

since I just use the homebrew for homebrew, I'm going to go ahead and update and then fix ams later when that's updated. worst case scenario I can live without homebrew for a couple weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...