Nintendo Switch firmware 18.0.0 has been released

switchhhh.png

It's the first Nintendo Switch firmware update of 2024. Made available as of today is system software version 18.0.0, marking a new milestone. According to the patch notes, not much is brought to the table in this update, which features a new timer option for auto-sleep, and Korean as a supported language for the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls video. Under the hood, however, it looks there there's some substance, as it has broken support for Atmosphere. SciresM says that it'll take a few days to get around to, but expect to see a new Atmosphere update that supports version 18.0.0 in the near future.

Ver. 18.0.0 (Released March 25, 2024)​

• Added “15 Minutes” as an option for “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” in Sleep Mode Settings.
  • Added Korean as a supported language for “Nintendo Switch Parental Controls” introductory video.
    • When the console language is set to Korean, the video can be accessed from Settings > Parental Controls.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, update will break the firmware and if so, they have to wait a week or around to get Atmosphere updated.
SciresM's track record is impeccable but the rest of the treasured home brews may not even get an update to work with HOS18. So it is more wait a week so they can use daybreak to go back if that is the case.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm getting a modchipped Switch back today, is the only way to prevent updates setting airplane mode while in sysnand?
Only way no, an easy way yes.
Post automatically merged:

Hmmm. I wonder if Nintendon't will sue anyone who doesn't update their Switch?
They just excommunicate you.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Fuck you Nintendo, I just spent an hour or two trying to figure out why my brand new Switch that I got today doesn't let me boot into emuNAND. Turns out it's because they released this update right this evening when I was setting this up. Now I must wait until sigpatches roll out.
I was really mad last night.

Let me tell you my story.

I lost my Switch (hacked) on the bus. I got a new one. I sat down and got it ready and waited until my new microSD came. I bought Online. I updated the console. Later it tells me a new update is ready and I updated not realizing it was a major update. I just wanna run homebrew to do you know what...

Once SciresM updates atmosphere you're able to downgrade with Daybreak right?

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
That emulator crossed the line and Nintendo is retaliating. If there's an unspoken code Nintendo has about how to deal with piracy and how piracy is conducted on the fringes, then that emulator broke that code. Probably ruined it for the rest of us for good.

• Angry
Reactions: impeeza

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That emulator crossed the line and Nintendo is retaliating. If there's an unspoken code Nintendo has about how to deal with piracy and how piracy is conducted on the fringes, then that emulator broke that code. Probably ruined it for the rest of us for good.
Are we pretending Nintendo hasn't been like this for a very long time?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was really mad last night.

Let me tell you my story.

I lost my Switch (hacked) on the bus. I got a new one. I sat down and got it ready and waited until my new microSD came. I bought Online. I updated the console. Later it tells me a new update is ready and I updated not realizing it was a major update. I just wanna run homebrew to do you know what...

Once SciresM updates atmosphere you're able to downgrade with Daybreak right?
yes, you can read the guides https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

or go to https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/

Reactions: Blythe93

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I don't give a damn about updates - maaaybe I'll update in the next 6 months or so.

I'd be a lot more excited if the Switch was anything at all similar to the 3DS, which did get significant improvements over the years (from memory, this included folder support and support for purchasable themes).

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y