Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.3 released

gkQj6UD.png

In the midst of the recent DMCA claims against Switch homebrew, Nintendo has also been busy working on a firmware update for the Nintendo Switch. System software version 16.0.3 is available to download, bringing only the expected stability. SwitchBrew has created an entry for this new update, while SciresM is yet to confirm if this impacts Atmosphere CFW in any way.

[UPDATE] Atmosphere is indeed impacted by this firmware, do not update until further notice.

:arrow: Source

Kaizen_3090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People already backed up Lockpick to oblivion, and the underground scene always finds a way to thrive.

The only thing they did was simply create a nuance, if at all.
Keep throwing your fucking tantrum, Nintendo, but this is far from making a dent.:tpi:
:rofl2:
i like the way you put it lmao, hairline scratch the most

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i like the way you put it lmao, hairline scratch the most
What will be interesting to see is how Switch emus will handle the games now that there isn't an  official way to dump the prod.keys anymore.

Or at least until another method arises for them, but that's hardly gonna stop people still getting them.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was it worth poking the bear and see how it would react, just for the sake of playing a game two weeks early? I'll bet new keys are coming right up from Nintendo since Lockpick is DMCA'd. Well, let's see how it develops. I can understand Nintendo getting pissed off at emulator users playing their latest games, since it's even worse than regular piracy. The emu users didn't even bother to buy Nintendo hardware and hack it... not a single penny went to Nintendo. Of course, their own faults for using aged hardware that can be easily emulated by current PCs.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Never had to update atmosphere before, but basically I just need to drag and drop the new atmosphere folder on my sd card and accept to overwrite duplicated files right ?

treefroggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was ready to update to 16.0.2, had been putting it off.
Went through the usual process, didn't realize 16.0.3 had been released. So now I have 16.0.3 and dumped and updated my emmc with it. Loading Emmc now and it would appear that all my saves, users, sysnand stuff from emummc is replaced with the sysnand data from my stock firmware.

I've been configuring cfw since 2004, but I'm sorry if my explanation sounds stupid!

Anyways I guess I'm in the boat of "wait for atmosphere to update"... hopefully I didn't completely wreck myself here.

Atmosphere update was working fine before I updated OFW, and now on emmc the USB feature is missing.

errors:
fusee payload:
"unable to identify package1"

hekate 6.0.3 payload:
"failed to apply nosigchk!"
pressed power to continue:
load the wrong sysnand into emmc
pressed vol to return to menu:
""failed to launch HOS!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat