Homebrew RELEASE [Nintendo Switch] Game Icon Customizer - simplify the method of changing game icons

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really appreciate your work, @SodaSoba. Sucks about the takedowns. It’s fucking art, man. Come on.
Yeah it's a weird thing where I guess a reproduction of the cover just isn't considered fair use it something, I'm sure I've made some covers that were higher res than anything out there too.
I understand Nintendo want to protect their IP and make sure people aren't using the artwork for nefarious reasons, but there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason for it...
That being said I can only guess they may eventually target the repo.
I have an offline copy, the repo is over 5300 with the majority being vertical.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah it's a weird thing where I guess a reproduction of the cover just isn't considered fair use it something, I'm sure I've made some covers that were higher res than anything out there too.
I understand Nintendo want to protect their IP and make sure people aren't using the artwork for nefarious reasons, but there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason for it...
That being said I can only guess they may eventually target the repo.
I have an offline copy, the repo is over 5300 with the majority being vertical.
Might be worth making a torrent of the whole lot, hard to take down and always available for people to selectively download particular titles if they don't want the lot. Maybe wait until you feel like you're pretty much done making new ones tho?

Reactions: SodaSoba

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might be worth making a torrent of the whole lot, hard to take down and always available for people to selectively download particular titles if they don't want the lot. Maybe wait until you feel like you're pretty much done making new ones tho?
Or maybe a MEGA link.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

possibly in the future if they do go that route, I doubt they will but I'll certainly keep this in mind!
like I say I've not had the repo hit but I have offline backups so anything like that should not be an issue

Or maybe a MEGA link.
Doing that now, I'll update this post with a link and start adding it to my signature

https://mega.nz/file/rXollZQQ#u3k6HBXhekflB07DWEweQ_b_NU3kpZQnRZLmT1uAo9o

Last edited by SodaSoba,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick update on what I've done with my repo(s)
Vertical icons will remain as the main repo which nxgic currently has this should help with downloads and extracting times.

If you want square (Default) icons you have 2 options:
You can add the repo

sodasoba1/NSW-Custom-Game-Icons-square

On the next line In the icon repository: field in nxgic settings

Or if you only want square icons just add

in the icon repository field to the end of the default repo of mine that's there.

Last edited by SodaSoba,

FoxStorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I get the following error when i click on transfer:

View attachment 250311

I checked the FaQ/google, but i can't seem to find any info on it, any idea whats wrong?
Got same error
Post automatically merged:

Just a quick update on what I've done with my repo(s)
Vertical icons will remain as the main repo which nxgic currently has this should help with downloads and extracting times.

If you want square (Default) icons you have 2 options:
You can add the repo

On the next line In the icon repository: field in nxgic settings

Or if you only want square icons just add

in the icon repository field to the end of the default repo of mine that's there.
Lots of games are missing the icons from all different sizes. Is this due to copyright?

Last edited by FoxStorm1,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got same error
Post automatically merged:

Lots of games are missing the icons from all different sizes. Is this due to copyright?
It's due to the icons in the repo being made mostly by myself.

I've had a few pull requests with 1 or 2 additional icons but the majority of them are made by me.

When you consider I've made over 4000 icons in my spare time it's easy to see why some games might be missing.

I also submit covers to steamgriddb, make themes and work on other side projects.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m