Nintendo Switch keeps getting out sleep mode if the wifi is enabled

chosante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

After my first repair of a partially broken switch (joycon buttons / power and volume not working / broken chassis) for learning I now have a switch that is working well.
But now, as weird as it sounds, it s not possible anymore to have the wifi enabled and put the console in sleep mode (by pressing power button or by doing it via the menu). The console goes in sleep mode for like 10 seconds and the menu is showing up again, then 10 seconds after it goes in sleep mode again and repeat that indefinitely.

Do you know from where this problem could come from?

I have obvious workarounds by just turning off completely the console after each use, or just disable wifi after each use and put the console in sleep mode but since when it's finished I want to give the switch to my sister, I would love to correct the issue.

Thanks a lot if you can help me on understanding what is going.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it's not CFW related, then it sounds like hardware has issues with going into higher sleep state.
When Wi-Fi is enabled, Switch tries to stay connected to Wi-fi in sleep mode if battery is charged at 20% or higher to auto download updates. Don't know how to check which hardware part causes issues.

Reactions: mathew77

chosante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I did not mention that but the switch is at the 15.0.1 version (currently last version) without any jailbreak or CFW and the hardware is like 6 months old.
Thanks, I will try to change the setting to stop auto download and see if the issue persists.

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Yeah I did not mention that but the switch is at the 15.0.1 version (currently last version) without any jailbreak or CFW and the hardware is like 6 months old.
Thanks, I will try to change the setting to stop auto download and see if the issue persists.
If you remove the joycons and set the console to sleep does it wakes up again? Does it also wake up when docked?
Without the joycons on, if it wakes up, check if any of the joycons turned itself one before it woke up. I had a friend with a stuck home button that caused a similar behavior.

chosante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you remove the joycons and set the console to sleep does it wakes up again? Does it also wake up when docked?
Without the joycons on, if it wakes up, check if any of the joycons turned itself one before it woke up. I had a friend with a stuck home button that caused a similar behavior.
I m not using the joycons for this "experience" :) and they are off.
It is also waking up when docked as long as I have the wifi enabled and connected to internet, if i have the wifi enabled but without any connection made on any internet box the sleep mode is working well.
I will try a full system factory reset maybe the problem is not hardware but software.. (I dont know why i didnt test that before)
Post automatically merged:

After more troubleshooting, I found out that my right joycon was not connecting to the switch. I replaced the right rail switch connector (I tested the joycon on another switch and it was working great) and the problem is completely gone.
I dont know why the rail connector was creating the problem though but now the sleep mode is working perfectly fine.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by chosante,
Reactions: redmagejosh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...