Hacking Discussion Nintendo Switch PC USB Hack

74Extra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey guys!
Ya all know that in new filmware 11.0.1 we can transfer screenshots to PC and phones.
I'm today transferring a screenshot from Nintendo Switch to PC and I was thinking:
If we can transfer screenshots - maybe we can do more?
I think someone can download payload to Switch from PC and activate it.
Maybe that can hack Marico on the software level?
What do ya think?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
Ya all know that in new filmware 11.0.1 we can transfer screenshots to PC and phones.
I'm today transferring a screenshot from Nintendo Switch to PC and I was thinking:
What do ya think?
Not gonna work without knowing what to jump to and if there is anything to exploit and jump into. The switch is locked down pretty tight.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, someone else has already had this idea.
qGhiEIe.gif

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Frexxos

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
It is more likely an exploit from the recent PS4 exploit that uses a bug in the network stack can be ported to the Switch since the switch also uses the FreeBSD network stack.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It is more likely an exploit from the recent PS4 exploit that uses a bug in the network stack can be ported to the Switch since the switch also uses the FreeBSD network stack.
That really doesn't mean anything. Nearly everything uses the FreeBSD stack, even Windows. Sometimes you get a lucky supply chain that leads you to something useful, though. That isn't to say it wouldn't be worth checking out, but I get the feeling it won't lead to much with the Switch specifically. Everything is so low level with it, and Nintendo really did their homework in making sure the possible vectors would be at an absolute minimum. Multimedia parsing has been a typical vector with the most recent Nintendo consoles, so that's where I'd be digging. Find a bug in the libraries used to read media (and a way to defeat sanitizers) and you have your open door.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Hey guys!
What do ya think?
Well, Maybe through the photo transfer feature but not the usb most likely

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
If you hamper with an image post its creation, it will no longer show up in the switch album, until you revert it to it's original version (as the switch knew it).

No idea if they perform md5 hash checks on images to prevent stack overflow etc. exploits, but...
you cannot change images outside the switches on software

(kind of a shame, as then I could leave my smartphone at home and use the switch for digital tickets...)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
What do ya think?
Unless you're a hacker, please save yourself the embarrassment of suggesting possibly ways to exploit the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one