Hardware Nintendo Switch vs PS5 vs Xbox Two (Scorpio)

Which will win in the 9th Generation of Consoles?

• Nintendo Switch

• PS5

• Xbox Two

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is what you said :
, but the XB1 is also a home console. Barely stronger than Switch
Right. I thought it was inferred I meant docked mode. Switch only runs at 40% - 50% clock speeds in portable mode. If it was almost as strong as XB1 in portable mode, it would be considerably stronger than XB1 in docked mode. Of course I'm not trying to suggest this is true.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Right. I thought it was inferred I meant docked mode. Switch only runs at 40% - 50% clock speeds in portable mode. If it was almost as strong as XB1 in portable mode, it would be considerably stronger than XB1 in docked mode. Of course I'm not trying to suggest this is true.
But even docked it nearly hasn't the same power so i don't see your point ?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But even docked it nearly hasn't the same power so i don't see your point ?
Firstly, that's a weird way of saying that, and secondly, we've already been over this. UE4 preset numbers show the difference in power is slight (1080p medium FXAA vs 1080p high MSAA, docked Switch vs XB1). Further proving this is how little time it takes to get a PS4 or XB1 port running initially on Switch. It's just a matter of optimization passes from there.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Firstly, that's a weird way of saying that, and secondly, we've already been over this. UE4 preset numbers show the difference in power is slight (docked Switch vs XB1). Further proving this is how little time it takes to get a PS4 or XB1 port running initially on Switch. It's just a matter of optimization passes from there.
I'm gonna post this again. 720p medium settjng no AA vs 900p high settings AA enabled is a big difference

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna post this again. 720p medium settjng no AA vs 900p high settings AA enabled is a big difference
Why, because you like posting false numbers repeatedly? Are you taking 720p from the Splatoon 2 trailer? Switch runs Fast RMX in 4-player splitscreen at 1080p60. So if we're just pulling numbers out our asses, Switch runs 4K60, right? Can you stop having a hissy fit now just because your bias toward Nintendo or Switch doesn't fit with reality?

:wacko:

Last edited by Xzi,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gamedevice.png

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The fun thing is that Nintendo promoted Switch as a third pillar (the three pillars being home console, handheld and hybrid). So we are actually still waiting for Nintendos ninth generation home console. ;) Now imagine them announcing the real Wii U successor at E3 2017! :D

(Yeah, I know, they said NDS wouldn't replace GBA and Wii wouldn't replace GCN and it still happened - but this time it isn't even a true "home console" which is supposedly replacing the Wii U.)

Disclaimer: No, I don't believe there's gonna be another home console announcement any time soon, I was just playing with the thought. ;)

Last edited by bjaxx87,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why, because you like posting false numbers repeatedly? Are you taking 720p from the Splatoon 2 trailer? Switch runs Fast RMX in 4-player splitscreen at 1080p60. So if we're just pulling numbers out our asses, Switch runs 4K60, right? Can you stop having a hissy fit now just because your bias toward Nintendo or Switch doesn't fit with reality?

:wacko:
It runs splatoon in 720p. It runs mario in 720p. If you have other information then do please provide me. I'm giving you facts and you're giving me fanboy nonsense

Last edited by kumikochan,

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Switch is more like a second current-gen Nintendo console. One ought not compare it with things that won't exist for several years.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The Switch is more in-between the 8th generation (PS4, XO, WiiU, Switch) than actually the 9th generation. Yes, you can argue that in terms of console generations it's part of the 9th gen but there isn't a new PlayStation or Xbox.

P.S. Xbox Scorpio is just a more powerful Xbox One, not a new Xbox gen console.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Switch is more in-between the 8th generation (PS4, XO, WiiU, Switch) than actually the 9th generation. Yes, you can argue that in terms of console generations it's part of the 9th gen but there isn't a new PlayStation or Xbox.

P.S. Xbox Scorpio is just a more powerful Xbox One, not a new Xbox gen console.
The competitors are the same, it still is the same generation.
The Wii U was a joke in the 8th, the Switch may be almost ok in the 8th.
There will be no PS5 or Xbox Two for it to compete. It will reach EOL before that.

PS: Also the PS4 Pro is just a "New PS4", the same way the Xbox Scorpio will be a "New Xbox One" (thanks Nintendo for your genius naming conventions /s), that isn't another generation IMHO.
I thought the Xbox One S was Scorpio.
Nope, it is (S)lim.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS5 Late 2018 - 2019

Hold on there Nostradamus.

Until Sony starts to see the decline of hardware sales PS4/Pro isn't going anywhere. They have a substantial lead in hardware sales, a very strong backing of 3rd party support that MS wished it had (check Gematsu's list of exclusives if you don't believe me) and no competition that they need to be concerned with other than making sure they don't shoot themselves in the foot and keeping the ship going in the right direction.

Will it be another 10 year cycle, probably not. But I would truly not expect to hear any peep of news from Sony about a PS5 at least until 2020. The only way that changes is if (as I said) they flub something, people gripe too much about lack of releases or hardware power. Or MS absolutely crushed them with the Scorpio (which again MS doesn't have any strong 3rd party support, so the chances of that are very slim at this time).

That puts them at a 7 year hardware cycle and something I think they can pull off, we'll probably see a revision of the Pro at some point with an Ultra HD Bluray player.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
What makes you think the PS5 will be out in only two years? Sony JUST released the PS4 Pro, anything sooner and they will end up pulling a Sega and committing suicide. Same for Xbox. The Switch will be the only truly new console.

Besides, honestly what can the PS5 and Xbox Scrorpio 2 bring to the table? Unless you're going 4K the graphical improvements are going to be pretty minimal, while you can play the Switch on the toilet.

PS4 PRo is just an upgrade if they wait 3 years they will have a massive disadvantage and will be very far behind, they wont be able to catch up, pS5 will therefore come soon

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Hold on there Nostradamus.

Until Sony starts to see the decline of hardware sales PS4/Pro isn't going anywhere. They have a substantial lead in hardware sales, a very strong backing of 3rd party support that MS wished it had (check Gematsu's list of exclusives if you don't believe me) and no competition that they need to be concerned with other than making sure they don't shoot themselves in the foot and keeping the ship going in the right direction.

Will it be another 10 year cycle, probably not. But I would truly not expect to hear any peep of news from Sony about a PS5 at least until 2020. The only way that changes is if (as I said) they flub something, people gripe too much about lack of releases or hardware power. Or MS absolutely crushed them with the Scorpio (which again MS doesn't have any strong 3rd party support, so the chances of that are very slim at this time).

That puts them at a 7 year hardware cycle and something I think they can pull off, we'll probably see a revision of the Pro at some point with an Ultra HD Bluray player.
That's what's likely to happen with the new PlayStation, they'll wait until it's in its 10 year cycle and then release a new one.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
And here i sit.. playing Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap on a GBA Emulator on my Raspberry Pi 2.. scaled up to the limit... on my 55" 1080p tv..

God i wished the GBA had a AMD GPU, 4K SMFXMLAA 32 with tripple buffering and Nvidia physix..

XiUXztW.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!