Nintendo Switch successor reportedly demoed to developers during Gamescom

nintendo-switch.jpg

Yet another Nintendo Switch 2 rumour is circulating. After reports of a 2024 launch and dev kits being sent to third-parties, Eurogamer has shared that Nintendo apparently showcased the handheld's successor to developers during Gamescom; during which the company demoed a "souped up version" The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. However, this was for the purpose of a tech demo, without any confirmation that the game will be re-released.

This report was corroborated by Video Games Chronicle (VGC)'s own sources. VGC's own report further mentions that another title was demoed on the system: Epic’s The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo which was used to showcase the PS5's and Xbox Series X's power in 2021.

VGC reports that the demo apparently leverages Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals "comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles". However, the outlet also mentions that this does not mean that the Switch's successor will be as powerful as the PS5 or Xbox Series X; but Nintendo has hinted at the potential that it will utilise upscaling technology with its past patents.

Thanks to @Vine-gar for the tip and you can head to their original discussion thread here.

:arrow: SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
The Switch 2 will be more powerful than the PS6, work at 4K 60FPS docked and undocked, have a twelve hour battery life and cost £300. This is entirely reasonable for a portable console and I am shocked Nintendo didn't do this already, given it's been confirmed to be coming out next year for the last five years.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles" my ass. It'll probably be between the PS4 and PS4 Pro. If it were a full on console I'd believe it no doubt but this is still a handheld at the end of the day.

R.I.P. OLED SCREEN :cry:
Post automatically merged:

I'm worried old switch users will be left in the dust if they release exclusive games on the rumored next switch.
I'm worried old Wii U users will be left in the dust if they release exclusive games on the rumored next Wii U.

• Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
It's not exactly a "rumor" any more once they're demoing it. It'll be announced either fall or winter of this year and be out probably summer next year. Seven years is a long lifespan for a system that was already a generation and a half behind at launch.
Now it's confirmed that your uncle works on Nintendo. You already knew that the battery life is crappy, now you know both thr announcement and the release dates.

cnzqy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be great to see DLSS on the console and hope that it retains backward compatibility with Switch. It would be interesting if its performance is truly on par with PS5 and XSX to close the performance gap to only 0-1 gen apart.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried old switch users will be left in the dust if they release exclusive games on the rumored next switch.
There are always going to be games you can't have on Switch, and there will be games you can't have on Switch 2 too.

Exclusive Nintendo game for Switch 2 is probably going to be rare (sadly). Just be happy that there may be some and go buy a Switch 2 if there is something you like. It would be sad to have a Switch 2 with only some old games to play ( now with better visuals than Switch ).

Reactions: Freyjadour

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i
just bought
the fucking switch
have fun with it,
even if it's a unit that you can mod
tons of games, tons of hours of fun
Post automatically merged:

Performance aside, perhaps my main desire for this thing is for it to actually have a God-damn interface.
Well, why they couldn't just implement folders and custom sorting as on the 3DS main menu is also beyond me. The folder option that came with one of the fw updates was basically... not it.

Freyjadour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You shouldn't worry. This will happen.
Are you new to video games?

Yes, I'm rather late when it comes to switch, or this old to new gen transition, just got my oled this year.

There are always going to be games you can't have on Switch, and there will be games you can't have on Switch 2 too.

Exclusive Nintendo game for Switch 2 is probably going to be rare (sadly). Just be happy that there may be some and go buy a Switch 2 if there is something you like. It would be sad to have a Switch 2 with only some old games to play ( now with better visuals than Switch ).

You're right, guess I just need to focus on my switch backlog right now, and there are tons!

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a nintendo Direct should drop this month to showcase the games coming in november untill February 2024

ill try to predict Switch 2 announcments!

check list for games you probably wont see until December 2024 for switch 2
Mario Kart 9 (Probably a launch Title)
Metroid Prime 4
Pokemon DS Remake or a new main line for Holdiay season
Mario Oddessey 2 (100% 2024 Holiday launch Title)
Mario Galaxy 2
Star fox Wii U Port
Xenoblade chronicles X Remastered Wii U port
Super Mario Party Remastered Switch version
Xenoblade 4 (2025, since they made a new game every 4 years)
Panzer Dragoon 2 remake
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 4
House of the dead 5: Scarlet Down (they will probably do something about Wii Games or release a new gimmick for pointing)
Elden Ring
Dark souls 2,3 Remastered becuase at this point why not milk all the PS4 ports
Cyberpunk 2077 720P edition!
a new Wii Fit game!

oh lets not forget Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2,3 WARZONE Battle Royal Switch Editions! we will probably see console Editions with packed in Download Codes for these:rofl2:

Last edited by ZER-O,

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Star Fox WiiU port @ZER-O ? You think they would dare to port that turd?
Mario Galaxy 2 exist, I think you ment 3 :)
Star Fox Zero will be a launch game, all they have to do is Delete Gyro controls
Mario Galaxy 2 wasnt ported with Mario 3D All-Stars collection
Mario Galaxy 3 will never happen, they even admitted that MG2 happened becuase they had unused ideas scrapped from MG1

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Star Fox Zero will be a launch game, all they have to do is Delete Gyro controls
Mario Galaxy 2 wasnt ported with Mario 3D All-Stars collection
Mario Galaxy 3 will never happen, they even admitted that MG2 happened becuase they had unused ideas scrapped from MG1
Oh right I already forgotten about the allstars collection!

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird how all sites have been reporting on this in the last 24 hrs when it was revealed almost a week ago.

Also, what's with the dupe news post when there was a perfectly fine one reported in the User News section earlier?
thats because all these sites dont have much original content and all copy paste or chatgpt articles now from the same topics. they get headlines and basically write stories on same exact headlines like an rss feed.

its very rare to see original content nowadays in reporting. it gets bad when u get articles on reports of reports which this is one of those.

credible sites imo would not touch these garbage rumor mill stories. they get tons of clicks though so it wont ever stop unfortunately because whatever gets clicks keeps the lights on.

Reactions: subcon959

LeNoobio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
typical nintendo a*** move, instead of letting us peasants try it - but hey, they had mario kart and such to play there so who am I to complain lmao :grog::wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol