Hacking Question Nintendo Switch won't boot to OFW

coppertj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned off autorcm just now and it turns out my system can't boot to OFW, it just will boot up to a black screen however, it will boot with hekate to OFW in RCM.
I tried entering recovery mode (pressing power button and holding + - vol buttons) but it does not even boot into that either, black screen.
I do have backups of 6.1.0

How should I proceed from here?
Thanks.

Last edited by coppertj,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned off autorcm just now and it turns out my system can't boot to OFW, it just will boot up to a black screen however, it will boot with hekate to OFW in RCM.
I tried entering recovery mode (pressing power button and holding + - vol buttons) but it does not even boot into that either, black screen.
I do have backups of 6.1.0

How should I proceed from here?
Thanks.

Push and hold the power button for 30 seconds, and then do the CFW boot thing and see if it works. Sounds like you have a similar issue with my hacked Switch.

coppertj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Push and hold the power button for 30 seconds, and then do the CFW boot thing and see if it works. Sounds like you have a similar issue with my hacked Switch.
that did not work system still boots to black.
this is probably a fuse issue, i guess more my question is will a hekate restore fix that?

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
If you had AutoRCM enabled, OFW will not boot unless the burnt fuse count matches the firmware version your OFW is on. Hekate should be able to boot CFW. You should try and see ChoiDuJour or ChoiDuJourNX(I think the later is just a homebrew so ChoiDuJour might be what you need?) to downgrade to the OFW that has the same fuse count as what is burnt.

Edit: I've never personally downgraded before, if you have a NAND backup from when you first hacked the switch, try restoring that?

Last edited by stitchxd,

coppertj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had AutoRCM enabled, OFW will not boot unless the burnt fuse count matches the firmware version your OFW is on. Hekate should be able to boot CFW. You should try and see ChoiDuJour or ChoiDuJourNX(I think the later is just a homebrew so ChoiDuJour might be what you need?) to downgrade to the OFW that has the same fuse count as what is burnt.

Edit: I've never personally downgraded before, if you have a NAND backup from when you first hacked the switch, try restoring that?
I'm on 6.2.0 . I think what happened originally that burnt the fuse was I was at a friends house and he accidentally updated it to try and play smash bros which updated it to 7.0 and burnt the fuse. I later restored to 6.1.0 which if I remember correctly booted to black. So I should try to update it to 7.0 and see if it boots I guess

Reactions: stitchxd

Wika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should check your fuse count, if it's 9 you wont be able to boot into stock 6.2/6.1.

Entretoize

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have the same issue, can you explain about the fuses ? How can I know what to do where to get the info ... ?
Also I have AutoRCM OFF and grayed out is it a problem ?

Reactions: nWo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran