Nintendo Takes Action Against Flash Cart Makers

trappedmouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerrix said:
Does this mean, we can forget the new R4DS Frimware which was sheduled to be released on September 15th? =(
I do really hope not!

They call this "lost money, what we need"
What we need?
F*cking Nintendo, having already more than 10 Milliards USD/Yen and still complaining about "needed money" >.>
Their fault when they think they can sell us f*cking casual games so expensive!

Stop being ignorant. Just because nintendo makes a lot of money, that doesn't justify stealing from them. That money is rightfully theirs. Going by your logic, then it is okay to steal a computer from microsoft. They make tons. They'll never miss it. It's also okay to steal a car from Toyota. They have lots.
You're an idiot. It's not just you. Its everybody. It ADDS UP.

It's not only nintendo you're hurting. Think about the developers. They don't have deep pockets like nintendo. They put hard work into programming games, and they don't even get enough sales to get them by.
And your quote is ludicrous. When did nintendo ever say that?

Go ahead, keep stealing. But don't be ignorant to what you're doing and who you're hurting.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
God, As long as they keep holding Metroid Dread, THERE WILL BE NO BOUGHT GAMES FROM ANYONE.
(except chavs WITHOUT the internet) literally everyone I meet has a R4, no flashcards.

So.
EVEN CASUAL GAMERS ARE PISSED WITH THINGS LIKE "IMAGINE BABIES" (STUPID UBISOFT)
AND OTHER CRAP.

So Nintendo. If you want to make money from your games, STOP GIVING EVERYTHING A "SEAL OF QUALITY".
Say I was gonna make a shitty homebrew. With 9 other people (say a game where you tap circles quickly to make them into other shapes)
That would qualify as a team and would get a seal. And it would have something called GAMEPLAY, are you listening ubisoft- GAMEPLAY, (also my own ideas)

That is all for now.

btw. Even a DSTT is better that R4 now. The only reason I prefer R4 is cause I have one and because it is shiny!

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
If Ninty and its 3rd party's were creating 90% GOOD games and not 90% casual crap-fests maybe they wouldn't have as much of a sales problem though. But then again, it doesn't matter how good a game is for the DS, I ain't buying it when I can download it. Ooh...vicious circle.

So, Ninty is finding out that flashcarts combined with a bunch of crappy games on an underpowered system equals low sales. Who'da ever thunk it? And now, after the damage is done and it's already too late, NOW they try to shut flashcarts down. Brilliant! Ninty is really on the ball aren't they?
rolleyes.gif

They may as well drop production of the DS and build a new handheld with a little better security this time. Don't you think? That would certainly make more sense than going after a bunch of underground flashcart companies who are obviously better at what they do than Ninty is at securing their systems.

whats funny is that you believe that nintendo is somehow doing badly. i don't really think this is the case...
no matter how bad a game is, you do not have to right to pirate it. this is a ridiculus justification.

marational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why people are being so whiny for. 90% of the users on GBAtemp probably have stolen from a video game company or developer, and you think they're wrong to try taking action against it? Losing money regardless of the situation is something which should be looked into. To brush it off and look the other way is absolutely stupid.
Nintendo may have some excellent sales, but that tells you nothing about how employees are payed. Most game developers are not particularly well off, and make some average pay.

I'm not saying I'm completely innocent, but don't try to justify pirating or think that you're above the law.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the DS Vision is the DS Shop Channel/Cart, you can buy episodes to Animes, Books, Comics/Manga, Movies, and more... Most of know this, but you lazy people that don't want to google it. It's gonna suck, and eventually be exploited.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just as a little update to this topic (I know it's old now but it's better then posting a whole new topic), Capcom has chimed in as to why they are involved in this entire mess.

QUOTE said:
There are companies that sell downloads without any license in the U.S.A., while a considerable number of pirated copies of game software are available in the Chinese market. In response to these situations, this lawsuit took the initiative for the whole industry in terms of taking countermeasures. It does not necessarily have a great effect at this stage, but we intend to send a wake-up call to such companies in the future.

Link to the article is here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus studio quality MP3's do exist, they are just like 512Kbps and are huge ass files lol