Nintendo to post lowered sales forecast as Wii U falters

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dare I say, two or three sentences that encompass the general idea are better than a wall of info, really. ;) That's what you have Source links for - if someone's interested in reading the wall, they can follow them. :P
This doesn't give us the whole picture. This thread says lets just paste one part of it.

Mine have stats everyone can look into.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This doesn't give us the whole picture. This thread says lets just paste one part of it.

Mine have stats everyone can look into.
See, this is the problem - you don't get the whole idea of a "News Post" the way I get it. To me, it's supposed to be a short paragraph or two with a catchy headline - you're supposed to get the "gist" of it without even reading the Source links and if you're interested enough to read the statistics, you follow the source links.

You're not writing an in-depth analysis - copy-paste is actually your worst enemy. When writing about news, you are supposed to write a piece that conveys the news. Copy-pasting a massive chart doesn't make your post good, it does the exact opposite.

This thread also allows anyone to dive right into the statistics - by following the Source links. It's just served in a better, more "digestable" way.

To conclude, charts?
RMgc0v6.gif

Reactions: gamefan5

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fuck? No. You have any idea how this thread was misleading in the first instance.

Fanboys don't own competitors console, they are dedicated to a particular brand. I infact have many consoles. So shutup.

My thread is better than this junk Foxi. I have more info. ;)

You're either embarrassed and butthurt over posting the exact same thing when it was already the first thread on the forum, or butthurt because fanboy.

Take your pick.

Your posts are making you look like a complete retard in this thread. "O QQ MAH THREDS BTUR Y LOCK MEIN?!" it shares the same fucking info, yours just shines sunlight up Nintendo's ass, and this one is a more realistic portrayal of the news.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See, this is a problem - you don't get the whole idea of a "News Post" the way I get it. To me, it's supposed to be a short paragraph or two with a catchy headline - you're supposed to get the "gist" of it without even reading the Source links and if you're interested enough to read the statistics, you follow the source links.

You're not writing an in-depth analysis - copy-paste is actually your worst enemy. When writing news, you are supposed to write a piece that conveys the news. Copy-pasting a massive chart doesn't make your post good, it does the exact opposite.

This thread also allows anyone to dive right into the statistics - by following the Source links. It's just served in a better, more "digestable" way.

To conclude, charts?
RMgc0v6.gif
Just a thought, that IS how a news post should be done. You actually learn that in school XD
You're also supposed to be neutral, as in having no opinion when you make the gist of an article you're trying to convey.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're either embarrassed and butthurt over posting the exact same thing when it was already the first thread on the forum, or butthurt because fanboy.

Take your pick.

Your posts are making you look like a complete retard in this thread. "O QQ MAH THREDS BTUR Y LOCK MEIN?!" it shares the same fucking info, yours just shines sunlight up Nintendo's ass, and this one is a more realistic portrayal of the news.
That doesn't explain why I'm a fanboy.... lol You clearly didn't see the mislesding title when that post was made, when I posted and forced to change it by raising an issue.

Mine is better. End of. Goodbye

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just a thought, that IS how a news post should be done. You actually learn that in school XD
That's besides the point, but yes... Essays 101. :P
Mine is better. End of. Goodbye
Nobody's desecrating the graves of your elders - it's just basic criticism man. Keep it cool, this thread was here before yours, it's about the same thing and it's "better" structure-wise, sorry.

D

Deleted_171835

lol, you guys take articles on a user submitted news section of a relatively unknown forum so seriously.

you aren't getting paid to do this, chill the fuck out.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed, but the problem is, it's supposed to be done while being neutral... And let's be honest here, very few members in GBAtemp actually does that. XD Which turns to circlewank, massive fanboyism war, and such. XD (Which also makes me laugh as hell).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
lol, you guys take articles on a user submitted news section of a relatively unknown forum so seriously.

you aren't getting paid to do this, chill the fuck out.
If you're going to do something, at least do it the right way - that's all I'm saying. Read the description of this sub-forum, it's for submitting news articles which are reviewed by the staff and if they're good quality, they just may end up on the frontpage (which DOES happen sometimes, happened to me once). Either do something well or don't do it at all. ;)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Lord out of curiosith went to healtgold's closeth thread and proclaimed to his messager and the angels, "the thread of heartgold is well shit and thus a sinful manner of deliverinth the word of his lord newsth."

Reactions: Foxi4

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nobody's desecrating the graves of your elders - it's just basic criticism man. Keep it cool, this thread was here before yours, it's about the same thing and it's "better" structure-wise, sorry.
People like to read only half the facts. Alright.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People like to read only half the facts. Alright.
Not half the facts, actual articles. If someone's interested in the statistic, there are links to be followed, man. Copy-pasting is not reporting, end of - says so in the rules of this section. I don't want to be mean, but c'mon.
mthrnite said:
Please summarize in your own words, the essence of the news you are reporting. Please read the stickies in this forum for a guide. Simply copying the entire source article verbatim is lazy, and tantamount to plagiarism.
Another World said:
I expect users to take a few minutes to write something in their own words. most of the internet is news which has been mirrored from other sources. let us try to act more professional than the next site by writing our own descriptions, and then link back to source posts for "more information."

D

Deleted_171835

If you're going to do something, at least do it the right way - that's all I'm saying. Read the description of this sub-forum, it's for submitting news articles which are reviewed by the staff and if they're good quality, they just may end up on the frontpage (which DOES happen sometimes, happened to me once). Either do something well or don't do it at all. ;)
Hooray, you got the reward of reaching the front page of a small internet forum and now get many meaningless internet karma (likes).

As long as a news article is coherent and gets the news across, I couldn't give a fuck as to whether it follows the rules of "writing a proper essay" and has a "good structure". Stop acting so elitist.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hooray, you got the reward of reaching the front page of a small internet forum and now get many meaningless internet karma (likes).

As long as a news article is coherent and gets the news across, I couldn't give a fuck as to whether it follows the rules of "writing a proper essay" and has a "better structure". Stop acting so elitist.
I wasn't gloating, I was telling him how the USN Business works - it's not a spot where we chit-chat randomly, it's where we post news articles written by us that we think are relevant. You may not care, but the Staff here cares so tough luck Johnny. I'm not being elitist, I'm voicing out my opinion.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Who cares about the sales!
If you like it, buy it.
If you don't, don't buy it.
The only ones who care about the bad sales of the WiiU or PSVita are the fanboys of the opposite brand.

Like it matters if sales are low. It doesn't immediatly mean they are going to drop the system.
And what should the fanboys themselves care about it. They are still going to buy the games anyway.
This is just another 'Nintendo sucks'-thread in my eyes.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not half the facts, actual articles. If someone's interested in the statistic, there are links to be followed, man. Copy-pasting is not reporting, end of - says so in the rules of this section. I don't want to be mean, but c'mon.
I don't care. Sue me lol

It's getting the news across properly that matters with every detail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3