Nintendo to post lowered sales forecast as Wii U falters

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dear OP, your thread was based on a source before Nintendo posted the results. There is no actual loss, it was based on poor Wii U sales, again another prediction by the source. Due to weaken yen they made profit. Your orginal title was misleading due to your source.

Now remember their expectations were 130M profit, yet they made more than that like 160M.

The thread title is still misleading, they have exceeded their sales forecast, they are not in any loss.

There is no loss, those were based on poor Wii U sales, but the yen took care of it.

End of the day Nintendo posted a higher net profit than they estimated.

1. Did you read the source? It was based on what Nintendo told the press in the press conference after it posted the results.

2. Actually Nintendo had originally made a forecast of roughly the $130 million in operating income, not net profit. If they'd met their expectations with the original operating profit, they'd have a net income of roughly $500 million.

3. Nintendo lowered their sales forecast just like the OP says.

4. The depreciation of the Yen saves Nintendo into having a positive net income.

5. See part 2.

Just my few cents..

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People don't understand, mods don't have a clue. The title is still misleading.

Thread should be 'Nintendo's net profit beyond anyone's expectation due to weak yen'

There is no loss to post. Damn that's why I'm behaving like this. Noone stops to think.

You're whining more than my six year old niece. And she loves to whine.

Reactions: Gahars and gamefan5

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought, that IS how a news post should be done. You actually learn that in school XD
You're also supposed to be neutral, as in having no opinion when you make the gist of an article you're trying to convey.

On being "unbiased"....

First if it is intended as a simplistic "make things passable" routine (think being told never use dissonance in a musical piece- without it chances are you can make it work, with it you might be great but the potential for failure is higher) then I guess I can go that.

Beyond that though I start seeing logical problems everywhere

To start with we are considering that games, in this case anyway, are worth the time; [insert sentence using words "grand scheme of things"]. This is not such an alien concept and many news outlets have been blasted for being ? centric and there are those that attempt the "will this be relevant 100 years from now" routine for their news. I will leave a discussion on the merits of human animals only wanting immediate local information for another day.

Twisting slightly away I will go to the intellectual property stuff- now confusion of IP types is one thing and a danger but a story along the lines of "look what those backwards pigfuckers in charge of/administering the US IP system did now" would be inherently biased by the definitions that seem to be being floated here. This also leads on to letter of the law vs spirit of the law; what lens do you view it through when that happens. Mix in different values held in different places and it gets worse though I probably already hinted at that.

Spinning back to the relevance thing it also potentially leads to interesting concepts- that a game is due in 5 days and a demo is out is almost unquestionably news but I come back in five years and I am not going to care about the demo as much as the reviews, DLC/expansions/updates and other post match analysis. Taking it back to this topic though we could well be looking at the edge of the cliff for Nintendo (or a massive rebound, or the start of a decade or two of scraping by, or the thing that leads to a buyout, or.....) in which case this would possibly be relevant if I am looking back in a few years.
If we are going for bias as well it probably would even be that tough to make said biased article but with a liberal application of some non sales data (stock prices, credit reports, financial statements....) have it appear as a genuine analysis.

I could go on but either cheesy films or work calls so ending with a relevant video

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People don't understand, mods don't have a clue. The title is still misleading.

Thread should be 'Nintendo's net profit beyond anyone's expectation due to weak yen'

There is no loss to post. Damn that's why I'm behaving like this. Noone stops to think.

Your precious Nintendo :[

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Did you read the source? It was based on what Nintendo told the press in the press conference after it posted the results.

2. Actually Nintendo had originally made a forecast of roughly the $130 million in operating income, not net profit. If they'd met their expectations with the original operating profit, they'd have a net income of roughly $500 million.

3. Nintendo lowered their sales forecast just like the OP says.

4. The depreciation of the Yen saves Nintendo into having a positive net income.

5. See part 2.

Just my few cents..
You are correct and I'm mistaken.

See you guys. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FAST6191, I like you. But you're actually the only member where I have to carefully re-read your post more than three times (or thrice I think) in order to understand what you're saying. Your enriched vocabulary makes my head spin. I think I get the main gist of it, though. XD
One does not simply understand FAST... fast. :yay:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users