Hardware Nintendo to release Overpriced Micro Sdcards

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont care about this topic anymore. You shouldn't bash a brand you have no idea what they deal with. They also make amazing fight sticks that someone else pointed out. Do your due diligence and look up these companies before writing them off as trash.

And that's my cue to exit the thread. Good day.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hori is a reputable company. it's mostly known in Japan for making accessories for game consoles. I actually bought my ds while staying in Japan, and I bought a Hori case to go with it upon recommendation from a friend. I had never heard of them before that. this was back in 2007 I believe. they're not as well known here, because when u go to some place like gamestop, they try to sell their own proprietary stuff which is garbage. u get what u pay for. though, I will admit that the prices r pretty high here. u probably get good quality, but I'm sure much of the price is in the licensing/brand name.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone teach nintendo to do a proprietary storage system, and then overprice it like sony, please... Oh no, it's to late now. Nibtendo noob. :v
Anyway, this will work for that "look I have a switch deluxe ultra with switch overpriced sd, cry with my superiority muahuahua." type of person.
But ibteligent people will answer " Ok, my one have undreads of gbs and I also have a harem with the spare money. And a ninja girls squad.

Reactions: thorasgar and Xzi

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
shut up and don't take my $ nice try nintendo but i'll just get a cheap sandisk 200gb one at the fucking price your charging for the 32gb LOL!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo, what are you guys doing?
ripping peeps off

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a confession. I bought a Nintendo branded Wii 2GB SD card at Walmart back in the day. I am sure it was a total ripoff. I was young and stupid.

But at least I never had to buy another Wii game after that. :)

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: Xzi

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
neat design, but i'll stick to my motha fuggin' SHARK CARDS!
Look how much fun these people are having lmao (memes aside its pretty good for chinese crap)
rBVaEVbv34uAOAzZABxybuG6s2c564.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't those just licensed by Nintendo, but made by Hori?

yes, ur paying for the brand name mostly. hori isn't known that well in America, but they r of the highest quality when it comes to accessories. I only buy official or hori products when it comes to gaming accessories. u can't go wrong with either. that's not to say I'll be buying any of these though. I've never had an sd card fail, so I'll be buying a sandisk from newegg. btw, kingston is pretty big in Japan as well, so I'm sure hori will be the same quality.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There will be a Hori pro controller coming for probably half of what the official ones cost. Same general physical design but missing several features such as HD rumble (no word on SD rumble yet), NFC, gyros, etc etc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will be a Hori pro controller coming for probably half of what the official ones cost. Same general physical design but missing several features such as HD rumble (no word on SD rumble yet), NFC, gyros, etc etc.

most likely, yes, but it probably won't be released here. u can find hori products pretty easily on ebay though.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD card tech to SATA Adaptor would be boss. There is a need for such an adaptor. Id be like that Gamecube Memory card adaptor that connected hard drives to the gamecube for backups. Swiss supported it to
http://www.gc-linux.org/wiki/EXI:IDEHostAdapter

Id say it could be done with emulation. the adapter makes the device think the hard drive's partition is the sd cards partition and it redirects all the read/writes to the HDD. I guess the hard drive will need to be partitioned properly. I bet a rasberry PI could be the emulator....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep forgetting here that the internet is a newfangled gadget that allows people from different countries to communicate with each other. :P I keep using the term we, but I meant outside of Japan. even the screen protectors I buy have the instructions in Japanese (no English), so most of their products r never released outside of Japan. speaking of screen protectors, have u seen the garbage protectors offered by gamestop? they're like scotch tape. just what u want from something that's supposed to protect against hair and dust.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...the 64GB card was only released in Japan, so u had to go with ebay or amazon Japan to get them if u lived outside of Japan. I think they may be on normal Amazon now though. when I was living in Japan, I once bought a calendar on Amazon Japan which was shipped from the US. it was kinda funny being on the reverse end of that.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I don't see the point of people complaining, it may seem overpriced but they got to make a revenue somehow. Hell, nintendo fanboys will buy it regardless for that SwitchTM logo, if they have money to do so let them be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.