Hardware Nintendo to release Overpriced Micro Sdcards

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can get them for about $89 on ebay. I own 3 of them - 1 for the vita; 1 for the pstv; 1 as backup. I might sell the backup one since I need money.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, in my state I could get an ounce of weed for that much money. $70 for 200GB on Switch seems like a steal now. xD

the largest game I know of on the wii u is xenoblade chronicles at 17 or 18GBs. how long do u think a 64GB is gonna last if presuming the games will be larger on the switch? though, I must say at least u have a choice here. u don't with the vita or the xbox360. that's y both consoles lost their generations.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the largest game I know of on the wii u is xenoblade chronicles at 17 or 18GBs. how long do u think a 64GB is gonna last if presuming the games will be larger on the switch? though, I must say at least u have a choice here. u don't with the vita or the xbox360. that's y both consoles lost their generations.
Yeah I'm fine with splitting physical/digital for Switch. I got some shelf space since I mostly just get digital stuff on PC, plus the case I have coming has game storage anyway. I've already got like 128GB of mSDs lying around, too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm fine with splitting physical/digital for Switch. I got some shelf space since I mostly just get digital stuff on PC, plus the case I have coming has game storage anyway. I've already got like 128GB of mSDs lying around, too.

I have a 128GB sd card as well. it was my wii u's sd card for redNAND, but I upgraded to 256GB for use with loadiine, redNAND, wii and wii u apps. I bought all my wii u games digitally. I wish I hadn't now that I need money and I'm starting to sell all of my games, then systems. I have a second wii u actually that I just updated today. it was a 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1 when 5.3.2 was the golden firmware. I own 75 digital games for the wii u. imagine how much money I could get for those. well, some r digital only. however, I only play like 10 games usually.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find it hilarious everyone is using Amazon prices as if they are official prices from the company.

well, the problem is that u have either amazon or ebay to buy these since it's Japan only for the time being. both companies have sellers who ship to the US, so ur kinda limited in what u can do. a lot of Japanese companies do not ship outside of Japan. instead of states, they list prefectures for the mailing address, so u can't even select an address outside of Japan anyway. ur stuck. the best fake address is one in Hokkaido since it's usually at the bottom of most lists, but u do want to get the stuff, right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if u have no choice, what can u do? vita memory cards - the 64GB card was never released outside of Japan. u either have to buy from amazon or ebay.the Japanese walmart, watahan, doesn't ship to the states afaik. u can find much of these cards in Akihabara, but I doubt any store there ships outside of Japan. that's where I bought my ds and hori pouch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about the Hori SD cards.. Not the Vita cards. Those are just a ripoff.

all accessories have been overpriced for the system thus far, so I doubt the sd cards will be any different. Nintendo has already hindered the machine before its release. $70 for the pro controller??? r kidding me??? I bought the pro controller on the wii u for less than $40.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
People who aren't concerned about money can (and do) pay for these things all the time. And they can afford to lose it. No need to lose sleep over it. The path of least resistance = the path of least thinking. Make it as easy as possible for these people. That's the customer's main interest: a simple non-thinking purchase. MicroSD? What's that? So saving money is not the main goal here; if it were, homework would have been done. Companies (and people) catering to the muppets is as old as time itself. This is not the first and definitely not the last we'll see of this.

Good on them. They probably paid a licensing fee they have to recoup too. Nintendo wants you to buy officially-licensed stuff from both itself and third-parties. It's time to collect :)

Last edited by foob,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can go eat a ***k with those prices. Hell I'm thinking of not using MicroSD cards at all with the Switch. I'll just slap one of these on and use a full size SD card. :P

Might have to sacrifice the kickstand, but if down the road large MicroSD cards don't get cheaper, that could be an alternative for me. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Recent history:
CompactFlash (anything but compact & anything but cheap now), SmartMedia (anything but smart), xD, Memory Stick (in all its variations).
SD & MicroSD (in their numerous iterations) have always been a bargain next to the competing formats.

A big part of Vita's demise was the Vita's (horrendously expensive) memory card costs subsidising the far better premium portable hardware. I am glad those days are gone (or are they?). Anyway, please let the muppets pay the Switch licensing fees and the allow the lovely companies collect profits, like they should on the lazy. Those shareholders need a new home. Or yacht.

Last edited by foob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?