Nintendo to shut down its mobile game Dragalia Lost, service to end soon

asddasdasdas.png

One of Nintendo's mobile games will be coming to a close and shutting down later this year. Dragalia Lost, a collaboration between both Nintendo and mobile game developer Cygames, will no longer be getting any further content after March 31st, with a final summon showcase. Story content will slowly trickle out until its completion in July 2022. Nintendo stated that Dragalia Lost will "come to a close" at a later date and service will be ended, presumably rendering the game unplayable. An exact date or timeframe for the closure of the service was not given.

Dragalia Lost launched in 2018, and featured crossover events with the Mega Man, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Persona 5 franchises. It was also Nintendo's first original IP designed specifically for mobile. As of 2020, the game was Nintendo's fourth-highest grossing mobile release, bringing in over $146.4 million in revenue worldwide.

:arrow: Source

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Played this for a total of 1 hour. Was hoping it wasn't going to be another boring grindy mindless mobile game, but Nintendo let me down. Inb4 Mario Kart Mobile shutting down

Saoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like a lot of dislike for this game in the comments. This is a Gacha game, and a damn good one at that.
All Gacha/MMO type games are repetitive in some form with grinding. This one was surprisingly really fun and generous. A lot of end game raids actually required skill, and the game constantly gave out in-game currency for summons, the story was fairly interesting. One of the stand out features of this game was the soundtrack.

Most Gacha games don't have a long shelf-life. This one lasted 3.5 years with minimal advertising. A great game.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't even port it to Switch. Just goes to show how much they gave a fuck about that game.
It's almost like that's not what it's made for...? What a nonsensical thing to say. Or you just don't know how it plays before you just start saying things like this.

Kind of unfortunate, I enjoyed this game when I played it and characters were fun. But I've dropped off of mobile games unless I can conveniently play them at my desk, ironically enough. They were making pretty good improvements too...

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a lot of dislike for this game in the comments. This is a Gacha game, and a damn good one at that.
All Gacha/MMO type games are repetitive in some form with grinding. This one was surprisingly really fun and generous. A lot of end game raids actually required skill, and the game constantly gave out in-game currency for summons, the story was fairly interesting. One of the stand out features of this game was the soundtrack.

Most Gacha games don't have a long shelf-life. This one lasted 3.5 years with minimal advertising. A great game.
It also had a lot of convenient features I haven't seen elsewhere, like being able to repeat quests and finish them automatically already. It was a pretty good time, but I don't expect most people here to have been interested or have really given it proper time.

Reactions: Garro and Saoron

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel sorry for any suckers dumb enough to spend real money on these in-game mobile games, just to have them shut down in a few years time. (I guess it could be said for all digital purchases, really.)

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an OK game, but great story and really good dialog. Sad to see this go. I do at least recommend going through the main story on YouTube.

They were just starting to roll out the next set of boss fights (the 1st of a set of 5), and not that long ago posted "to 2022 and beyond". So the decision was apparently relatively recent, pushed by Nintendo rather than the developers.

I blame the fact that the game was way to generous, and had no cheep spending options (you needed to be spending a ton of money to get any value beyond what you would get just playing for free).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blame the fact that the game was way to generous, and had no cheep spending options (you needed to be spending a ton of money to get any value beyond what you would get just playing for free).
All of cygames mobile titles are like that, I'd rather them be generous then stingey and cheap.
This is mainly on nintendo's lack of advertising imo.

Stario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Unfortunately Nintendo is one of those companies that doesn't like to advertise properly their non well known games and then when the people doesn't show the interest that they wanted, they just trash these games without giving another chance to the developers to use the IP :/

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame, i tried it and loved it. The gameplay was amazing, put any grezzo Zelda to shame ( especially link's awakening 3D )

But unfortunately, it suffered from 2 major flaws it could never ever recover from:

1- it was a phone game

2- it was a gacha

As much as I loved it, I just played a few levels out of curiosity and never touched it again.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately Nintendo is one of those companies that doesn't like to advertise properly their non well known games and then when the people doesn't show the interest that they wanted, they just trash these games without giving another chance to the developers to use the IP :/

So true, not to mention sometimes they just advertise it poorly
Dead heat breakers is one of the top 3 games on 3ds easily, it's intense, ambitious, super fun, has tight as hell controls, has a really cool world and characters, a fun and unique use for the miis. It's pretty mature and feels a lot like mad max, in America they just posted a couple of illustrated puns on Twitter and left it at that.

(Also the American version is somewhat worse.. they toned down the dialogue and removed some mature stuff like being able to play cards to raise more money, which was a very important way to raise funds for your missions, and didn't replace it with anything. )
The game flopped hard.... In part because anyone who didn't play though it was another dumb Dillon game.

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the failure of Mobile

Dragalia was legitimately the best mobile game I had ever played at the time. It's made a ton of money over the 4 years - and for a mobile game, this was the cream of the crop. Sad that it will be totally unplayable after this, so in preservationist's way it is a failure.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played this for a total of 1 hour. Was hoping it wasn't going to be another boring grindy mindless mobile game, but Nintendo let me down. Inb4 Mario Kart Mobile shutting down
Well, they're remaking Tour tracks for 8 Deluxe, but unfortunately not the karts costumes or racers.

Nintendo can't be trusted.

Reactions: Vorde

myangel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a while since i heard about this game i'm only try for abit before stop playing with how terrible gacha this game is

The pool also crowded with units+dragons+cards grindy + horrible rate all of these combine i quit playing in 2 day in after the game launch xD

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of Nintendo's Android-based IPs are like that. It's like:

Guy playing it the first year: Wow, this is SOOOO COOOL! I've never tried this before!
Same guy, next year: Awesome, but shouldn't it have more unique content by now?
Same guy, third year: (furiously plays just to get through a level) There. Done in fifteen minutes. This is boring.
Same guy, fourth year: I'm... not in the mood. (secretly wishes the game would just die already)
Guy after game is announced that it will no longer work anymore: FINALLY! Now I can have a life!

...Then again, most Android games are like that. Just shows that Nintendo doesn't bring anything new and exciting to the table.

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Completely agree. Another comment said it's just boring grinding... probably not familiar with the genre. It was very fun to try to get a party strong enough for some raid or to gather certain resources. I was giving myself objectives to reach, and that was very rewarding. Also, as you said, your personal ability on dodging and chaining skills actually mattered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: