Nintendo vs. Sony - of the future

which concern will have the hegemony in future?

• Nintendo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony is toast, all they've done is copy everyone elses ideas this generation, they've lost the plot.

Saying that nintendo has too, they aren't catering for "gamers" any more, but nintendo is usually one to start innovation.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I think... they'll both be around in 10 years in a similar situation now (maybe reversed, maybe even stevens) and people will look back at this topic and lol heartily.

Nintendo saw they needed to change and did, and became very successful at their new direction which seems to be the latest craze, which is the casual market and motion controllers. Yes, I see motion controllers staying, I don't just see it as a fad. Much like I see the casual market being a big part of the industry in the future (just like now), and for good.

Nobody is "toast" or "going to fail soon", whoever thinks this is being extremely closed minded. Loss leaders are an extremely important and classic business tactic, which for Sony's case hasn't entirely paid off this generation (yet, if at all), but no company goes home after failing once, that's a ridiculous strategy, especially considering they've sold somewhere in the region of 320 million pieces of gaming hardware, with only 13 years and 4 systems in the market. Absolutely amazing.

All 3 consoles are selling at an acceptable rate (the PS3 is selling at the same rate as the original Playstation, which didn't fail by any means), so I don't see the 3 players we have now going away. The only game changers I see in terms of players in the market are Apple and possibly Google joining in the foray once digital distribution gets bigger, or perhaps getting bigger because of Apple and Google.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo certainly seems to have a firm grip on the handheld market... As for the console market, it's hard to say which company will perform the best in the future. If I had to guess, I'd bet on Nintendo, though, because of their focus on innovation and gameplay. I just wish they'd make harder difficulty modes for their games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: we getting azomk3d with this one