Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

Linky97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Easy, as I said you must connect your stick on the back of your wii/wii u and open the hid test on homebrew channel.
After the app opens, look at the screen and not the numbers there.
Press a button - you will notice that some number/value WILL BE changed on the left. Write down that number/value. IF IT NOT CHANGE, YOUR DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE.
Redo the process to make sure the number/value.

That number/value corresponds to the button you pressed on your stick. Then follow the tutorial I described above to setup you stick entirely.

THE A, B, X, Y, ARE NAMES OF THE BUTTONS. YOU JUST NEED TO CHANGE THE VALUE THE WAY I TOLD YOU IN THE PREVIOUS POST.

Well i got that but i dont know where to get the value that comes before the .80. How do get that? The example you gave me was 3.80 right? How did you get the 3? That is what i want to know.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well i got that but i dont know where to get the value that comes before the .80. How do get that? The example you gave me was 3.80 right? How did you get the 3? That is what i want to know.

You dont have to change the value before 80, just the 80. I am not sure but I think it was crediar who created the file. I don't know what the other numbers mean, but if you change the 80, it will work.

Linky97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what i got but it said that the config is not for this device.

Attachments

• controller.rar
    256 bytes · Views: 264

Linky97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ckeck this thread it is about making you own controller. ini
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/#post-4782346

As you pressed the buttons and they changed, your stick is probablly compatible.

Ok so i checked something... When i used my PS3 pad with HID test at the bottom there where other numbers and letters. It seems like it was every button on the Gamecube controller with the number 0 beside every button. This wasnt there when i tried it with the Arcade Stick. Does it mean that my stick isnt comaptible?

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok so i checked something... When i used my PS3 pad with HID test at the bottom there where other numbers and letters. It seems like it was every button on the Gamecube controller with the number 0 beside every button. This wasnt there when i tried it with the Arcade Stick. Does it mean that my stick isnt comaptible?

To make sure your stick is compatible you must plug it before starting HID test. I only have ps3 gamepad so it was the only one I tested and saw how it behaves. But when you press a button on your stick does any number change? If so, it is probably compatible...

Linky97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To make sure your stick is compatible you must plug it before starting HID test. I only have ps3 gamepad so it was the only one I tested and saw how it behaves. But when you press a button on your stick does any number change? If so, it is probably compatible...

Well of course the numbers changed how the heck did i make my controller.ini for it. But it doesnt seem to work at all. The numbers DO change when i press buttons. This is what i made. But i doesnt work!

Attachments

• controller.rar
    258 bytes · Views: 215

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Check to see if you have a default value like this:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 (for example),

When you press a button, try to see what value has changed:

example (lets say you pressed any button and it changed to):

00 00 00 40 00 00 00 00

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

and you want that button to be the "A" button:

you will have to change the controller .ini this way:

[Dual Shock]
VID=054C
PID=0268
Polltype=1
DPAD=0
Power=4,01
A=4,40

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well of course the numbers changed how the heck did i make my controller.ini for it. But it doesnt seem to work at all. The numbers DO change when i press buttons. This is what i made. But i doesnt work!

Ok, now that you found the numbers have changed, see what was their position as I wrote on the above post. I have just figured out what the numbers before the "80" mean.

Linky97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if for example the third set of numbers changes to 20 when you press A:
00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00

You would write:
A=2,20

Yeah i know that but what if when i press up i get 00? Should i write X.00 or X.0? (The X means whatever number)

And what if i get:

01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Should i write 0.01? or should i write just 01? or just 1?

niknice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I’m having a little difficulty getting my controller to work. I recently brought a classic controller to usb adapter http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PC052.html. The .ini file found in the git repository for the adapter works ok. My problem is that all the buttons work except the left and right trigger buttons, as they are recognised as digital not analogue. When using the HID test, the trigger buttons show the following when pressed.

Left trigger - 74 8A 74 7F 00 0F 00 00
Pressed - 74 8A 74 7F 00 04 00 00

Right trigger - 74 8A 74 7F 00 0F 00 00
Pressed - 74 8A 74 7F 00 08 00 00

This is the controller .ini that i’m trying to modify :-
[MayFlash Wii CC USB Adapter]
VID=1D79
PID=0301
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
Power=6,40
A=5,20
B=5,40
X=5,10
Y=5,80
Z=6,08
L=6,00
R=6,02
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=2
StickY=3
CStickX=0
CStickY=1
LAnalog=20
RAnalog=21
Could anybody tell me how to adapt this .ini to enable the digital trigger buttons (all the other buttons and sticks work fine). Any help will be much appreciated :wacko:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah i know that but what if when i press up i get 00? Should i write X.00 or X.0? (The X means whatever number)

And what if i get:

01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Should i write 0.01? or should i write just 01? or just 1?
You should write
ButtonName=0,01
With a coma, not a dot!
The value is in hexadecimal so always write it using 2 digits.

And if it's an analog button and the value goes from 00 to FF depending on the pressing, don't use a coma.
ButtonName=0

There's now the possibility to calibrate analog stick's dead zone, but I didn't check how it works yet.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...can anyone confirm me that Farowe's configuration for a dualshock PS4 still works on r127? :unsure:

I'm totally new to using nintendont, so things may not always work out fine. Thus far, I've gotten a game to start but the inputs don't seem to do much.

I'm on a (family) wii and am not using an SD card at all. Nintendont is in USB:\apps\nintendont, games in USB:\games\<subfolder>\games.iso and the configuration is renamed and placed into USB:\controller.ini.

The USB drive is connected on the lower port, my dual shock PS4 controller on the top one (through a USB->micro USB port). The lightbar lights up, but buttons don't seem to register.

I tried HIDtest but couldn't make sense of it. The numbers seem to flicker all the time regardless of whether I pressed buttons or not. And because they somehow ended up cutting in half by the bottom of my television (thus practically unreadable), I've no idea what it means. The best readout was an actual error when I unplugged it (so it DID recognize something over that USB port...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious