Nintendont Online Gameplay possible?

Disorarara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's something I've been wondering about ever since Nintendont got full broadband adapter support, there is a piece of homebrew called gcars-cs that was written way back then that allowed for games like Sonic Adventure 2 and Super Smash Brothers Melee to work over the internet, here's a tutorial written about it from not too long ago:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...er-games-online-on-an-actual-gamecube.563819/

The way it works is via memory patches to the game to keep variables in sync across clients, in much the same way online hacks work for PC games that didn't originally have them, and also the slippi project for dolphin.

As of right now, there isn't any actual way to load this homebrew within Nintendont and have it work properly but being that it's an open source project and Nintendont is also an open source project, such functionality could be integrated right into the loader to add online gameplay direct from Nintendont, what do you guys think?

Disorarara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A couple of years ago, I made an issue on the GitHub requesting this feature. Sadly it never got anyone's attention.
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/840

So no, I don't think anyone will care enough to implement this feature.

I can kind of understand why it didn't grab any attention since it falls more in the realm of auxiliary and experimental features rather than direct compatibility, that and also Dolphin more or less replacing all aspects of Wii/Gamecube playability and having an in-built network solution already. That being said it's still disappointing there isn't more interest in gcars-cs especially since it should be easier now than ever to test it, or make more codes/add more game compatibility to it since there's now even more control over the machine state in Nintendont than ever existed on the gamecube using action replay. That and advanced debugging via Dolphin.

At this point in time though given the lack of general interest I'd settle for someone finding a way to get gcars-cs loading in Nintendont. I haven't found any working solution.

Disorarara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The topic isn't about PSO although the thread title is a bit misleading, it's about a piece of homebrew that let you play some gamecube games online that didn't originally support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017