Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't need analog functions of GC's L and R, just detection of half-press buttons, don't need pressure sensitivity.
I know its limited, but none of the game i played uses that sensitivity anyway, just two way press button (light and hard, till it click)

Z button is not that important as you imply (by the way, Z button is also clickable on GC controller so...).
In many games to be where it is, R3 or L3 is perfectly fine place.
Maybe L3 since that's the stick your left thumb is always on so its easily accessible, but tbh, in Metroid its only used for Map, so its not important there, i mean it is but not combat important or something that life depends on it in games. Its even better as L3 imo than R1.

So anyway...any idea who might be able to help me or where to look?
I heard Nintendont has that functionality i just don't know what line to write in "controller.ini" file to enable it.

Also, when i was playing with ini file i disable "DigitalLR=0" and i was kinda able to make half pressed but not really...i messed something up i think...
afaik there is n
Can I play gamecube injects with a classic controller connected to a wii mote? Does it have to be the original from Nintendo?
Im asking because I know Nintendont can be a bit finicky when it comes to generic Wii U Pro controllers and I want to make sure I buy the right classic controller.
every wireless controllers needs to be official to make sure they work any 3rd party wiimote,cc,wiiupro,ccpro and such have no garantes of working.

Reactions: frankadank

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik there is n

every wireless controllers needs to be official to make sure they work any 3rd party wiimote,cc,wiiupro,ccpro and such have no garantes of working.
Got it thanks for the quick reply pedro! Unfortunately I was scammed and I have a generic wii u pro controller that only makes nintendont reset the game whenever I try turning it on.
By the way I saw that ps3 controllers are supported as well as long as they are connected, for some reason I can never get nintendont to recognize any of my ps3 controllers, HID2Pad on wiiu recognizes them just fine. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got it thanks for the quick reply pedro! Unfortunately I was scammed and I have a generic wii u pro controller that only makes nintendont reset the game whenever I try turning it on.
By the way I saw that ps3 controllers are supported as well as long as they are connected, for some reason I can never get nintendont to recognize any of my ps3 controllers, HID2Pad on wiiu recognizes them just fine. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
no idea, my ps3 controller works fine as long as the cable is in and you dont have any controller.ini on the root of your sd/usb(delete them if you have it) just press home button when ingame and it will connect remenber to have the most updated nintendont version too, ps3 conrollers dont need ini since they have already built in inis on nintendont dol.

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea, my ps3 controller works fine as long as the cable is in and you dont have any controller.ini on the root of your sd/usb(delete them if you have it) just press home button when ingame and it will connect remenber to have the most updated nintendont version too, ps3 conrollers dont need ini since they have already built in inis on nintendont dol.
That might be it, Ill check the sd card when I get a chance and remove the controller.ini from root. Thanks again!

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remnber to check if you have latest nintendont too it should be 483 shown on top left corner of the menu.Also make sure native is set to off on the settings for sure.
Will do, that reminds me as for the settings I have widescreen and Wii u widescreen on. Is there any difference between the two and are they safe to leave on for compatibility reasons?

Last edited by frankadank,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Will do, that reminds me as for the settings I have widescreen and Wii u widescreen on. Is there any difference between the two and are they safe to leave on?
wiiu widescreen doesnt affect any game just makes it appear full screen instead of 4:3.perfect compat.

force widescreen can make some games have gfx bugs, or even crash, but it can turn many games into proper 16:9 without being sctretched by wiiu widescreen only, so always try games with it off first and then try it with it on.

RealPoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont
*Hello, I'm a first post. I was here, thanks for quoting me fully without requiring it, but just copy the relevant part you want to quote from me, thank you*
Hi so i im trying to install nintendont on my wiiu vWii and it doesnt show up on the homebrew channel i have checked double the files and it doesnt show up what am i doing wrong

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi so i im trying to install nintendont on my wiiu vWii and it doesnt show up on the homebrew channel i have checked double the files and it doesnt show up what am i doing wrong
remnber the patch to vwii homebrew is diferent from wiiu homebrew, nintendont is vwii homebrew so the path is
Sd:apps/nintendont/boot.dol (remenber to rename loader.dol to boot.dol)

Reactions: RealPoke

armandazz

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I have a speedlink Xeox gamepad. I created controller.ini file and in hidtest it works perfectly, but when i try to play a game through nintendont controller just doesnt work. maybe someone has a fix for it? :D

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi guys, I'd like to re-post a previous question of mine:
Hey, thanks for the lenghty reply. I appreciate it.

Deflicker is ON in 480i and OFF in 480p by default so if you use progressive and HDMI/component it wont make a difference setting it to off then. Melee may have it ON in progressive too but I never tested that to be honest as it is the only game as far as I know that even has that setting. It should be very obvious if its on/off in general if you take a still screenshot in pretty much any title.
Yes. I'm using HDMI (obviously 480p) and explicitly selecting progressive on launch (when the game asks for it). Melee does have the option ON by default and if I turn it off it clearly looks sharper. So it is indeed turning the deflicker setting off... even though it's supposed to be OFF because I'm using HDMI/progressive?.
Follow up question: What's the default setting when using "real hardware" (meaning, a GCN/Wii with official component cables, selecting progressive at startup etc) not through Nintendont)
Also, I suspect Wii games use that trick as well (IIRC, Brawl has the same in-game switch as Melee). Could the option be ported for Wii games also?

If you force it, all video modes will be replaced so the setting in melee will have no effect anymore.
I'd like to try that. How do I "force" it?

Thats something your TV does, not really a game.
I mean a setting like those in emulators (NESTOPIA, SNES9x) or like the one on the other GCN loader? I can't remember it's name right now...

You'd have to hack each and every game that has such a setting to make that happen, most games that have a setting like that should save your selection though so thats a much easier way out.
I meant without having to manually use Wii U widescreen for each game individually before launching it.
Never mind, it's not really important. At all.

And, add to that a question:
Is the an app to test GCN controller THROUGH HID USB (ie the GCN adapter)
Like this one: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Visual_Controller_Test but that I could use on vWii?
Thanks.

ThomasCapella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to fix HUD stretching in Zelda Collectors Edition with the widescreen code? There is a dolphin code that doesn't work with Nintendont that doesn't stretch the HUD. There is also a dolphin code for Wind Waker that does work with Nintendont that also doesn't stretch the HUD.

Last edited by ThomasCapella,

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! So, I found out something pretty interesting from another YouTube video. Previously (probably eons ago), I asked if external DVD drive support was possible for Nintendont so physical GameCube games could be playable on the Wii U. The only issue, was finding a drive that would do just that and read the Wii and GameCube disc format. Well, it seems like there is one that exists!

It's a certain LG drive (Bluray branded believe it or not, although that function doesn't work on it of course) that can read Wii format games. So with that in mind, how possible would it be to implement that kind of support for GCN Retail games and back-ups through an external DVD drive?

Reactions: zfreeman

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I own such a special LG drive (the gdr-8162b to be exact), and for me to dump one legit gamecube disc it takes over 1 hour, so considering seeking, random access etc, you probably would have a bad time trying to actually play anything, and also it needs quite a lot of special code to be read at all (check out friidump for that) as there is a lot of extra decryption going on that normally the gamecube/wii hardware does automatically, you'd all have to do that in software. Oh and the drive is IDE so good luck making it to a external drive, you probably need some converters and shit too and somehow then implement the protocol for that too.

Reactions: DarthDub

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a USB DVD-ROM drive that works with Friidump/Rawdump, but it's impossible to use such drives to play games in real time. Rawdump is faster than Friidump, but both tools are very slow, as they exploit the firmware of compatible drives to access the data on NODs. NODs aren't DVDs, as they violate the DVD specification in many ways, which is why regular drives can't read them.

Even if you could implement the firmware exploits that Friidump and Rawdump use in Nintendont, and even if you were willing to put up with the incredibly long load times that would result, you'd destroy your drive quickly with all of the intensive seeking that these tools require to extract data from NODs, because playing a game results in accessing random parts of the disc to load individual files, instead of reading every file on the disc in order. It's possible that the exploit wouldn't even allow arbitrary file access at all, as it might not let you read the game's TOC to see which blocks have the files the game wants. The exploit was implemented to dump discs, not play them.

Also, the drives with compatible firmware are all IDE/USB DVD-ROM drives (i.e. no burning ability), so the notion that a comparably modern Blu-ray drive has compatible firmware is suspect until proven by a reliable source.

Reactions: DarthDub

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi people. I have a little problem. I just modded a Wii and got some GC games, thing is i dont have a Nunchuk right now.

When i load any game with my Wii motion+ control, nothing works. I just wanted to test the games, but i cant even get A to work to skip the main menu.

Is that normal? Is that suppose to happen because i dont have a Nunchuk connected to my Wii mote? I want to get a Nunchuk, but it wont be worth if thats not the problem.

I have a black wii with no GC ports, so no point in getting a gc controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: mmm, sounds good