Hacking Nintendont

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a basic description of the Xbox 360 controller protocol here: http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/UsbInfo

Quick breakdown: The controller is a USB device with a USB class 255, subclass 255, protocol 255 (all indicating "vendor-specific"). It has several interfaces, including a gamepad (which might be close to standard HID but with a custom descriptor number, I'm not sure), audio (for headset), and a security device. The security device is only important when interfacing the controller to an Xbox 360, since it's used to determine if the controller is licensed by Microsoft. When using the controller on a different system, the security device can be ignored.

For a more comprehensive description, check the Linux kernel. It has a driver for original Xbox and Xbox 360 controllers, and as of the upcoming 3.17 release, basic support for Xbox One controllers. (No rumble or LED support yet, but input works.)

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you guess should be grateful for once. You have tons of control options and still youre begging for more. I'm pretty sure FIX94 wont add XBox360 support. And even if you convince him to add it, it will be very costly for you. Fix certainly wont do it for free and you dont have to forget that he likely dont own a XBox360 controller, so you have to pay for that, too. If I would be him I would say 500 bugs for XBox360 support, no cent less. Then we will see how much youre willing to pay for your precious XBox360 support.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Come on guys, AGAIN with the supported controllers topic?

Drop it for God's sake, we have more than plentiful options to play, if you don't have one of the supported controllers, it beats me as to why you don't at this rate.
What's next? Add support for the NES USB controller? Support for the Atari 2600 USB joystick?

Enough is enough.
The focus here is now compatibility, controllers are supported from a wide variety of brands with several kinds of connections to be whinning about one that is not compatible. If we continue like this, there will be no end as to what controllers to add.

As pedrobarca said, drop the developers some donation and maybe you can start asking for such.
In the mean time, no. Controllers are fine for now (even the Nunchuck beta in which Howard is working on should be more than enough, seeing how every Wii/Wii U console has that controller to begin with and this app is solely for Wii/Wii Us).

Let's just put this topic to rest please, and continue giving feedback about compatibility instead, it's always top priority.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah don't anger this little anti-controller anti-input fan group. You want a controller for your program that runs games? HOW UNGRATEFUL!! YOU SNOBBY 3rd PARTY SCUM!

Reactions: NEP

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's next? Add support for the NES USB controller? Support for the Atari 2600 USB joystick ?
Those are both standard HID so they should "just work" with the appropriate configuration. Xbox controllers use a modified protocol because Microsoft wanted to ruin controller innovation with their "XInput" standard.

Either way, the only advantage of Xbox controllers over, say, Wii U Pro controllers is analog triggers, and even that's not quite the same as GameCube controllers because the triggers don't have a button press.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't insult him, any insults were to people like you and all these other cats waiting to pounce on anyone saying something related to a controller.

My problem was addressed by fix, who saw an issue with the controller as a few people brought it to his attention. Then he fixed it.

You guys should just chill out and let people play with this toy. Ps2/3 controllers, sidewinders, all kinds of inputs work, don't get upset when someone asks about another input, or the ones they have not working properly.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't insult him, [...]
[...]don't get upset when someone asks about another input, or the ones they have not working properly.

Well, unfortunately your posts were deleted (because of flaming), but this is FIX94's response:

At first, why are you swearing so much? I dont think we need todo that here.

This certainly shows you weren't just "asking" for something. Anyway, take it as an advice: Be more friendly and polite in this forum or someday everyone will ignore your requests.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll swear all I want, I'm full grown. Get mad about nothing. Get your little buddies to be mad too. Hopefully by the end of this thing, no controllers will work, then you guys could finally get some rest.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll swear all I want, I'm full grown. Get mad about nothing. Get your little buddies to be mad too. Hopefully by the end of this thing, no controllers will work, then you guys could finally get some rest.
lol you will swear what you want? when you made an acc here you accepted the forum terms so no you will not swear what you want at all or you get banned thats why everyone is forced to acept the terms when making an acc this isnt your house you cant just do as you please here.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
"I do what I want!" :lol:
Sounds more like a kid than a grown up to me. Well, I made myself clear, I have nothing more to say to you.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You are on a forum that is being watched and has a standard and rules to be followed.
So you can't swear all you want or you will be banned from here. As easy as that.

Drop this topic dead for now or this thread will get more spam and flamming deleted posts.

On topic now...
Can anyone confirm if XD gives a screeching noise at the end of a cutscene that moves to a battle?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are on a forum that is being watched and has a standard and rules to be followed.
So you can't swear all you want or you will be banned from here. As easy as that.

Drop this topic dead for now or this thread will get more spam and flamming deleted posts.

On topic now...
Can anyone confirm if XD gives the screeching noise at the end of a cutscene that moves to a battle?
yup it does nothing affected that game yet.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh good. Thanks for the quick reply. :)
I am quite happy with this app and very thankful for how this app has been coming along.
Almost all my library is fully compatible now! :D
dkn if i got my point across but what i meant is the game still freeezes my bad english might have sugested otherwise.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lets just keep on topic all, although i found Tomobobo's post very funny, you can just ignore it and/or only reply on the part that actually has something to do with nintendont.
I do..:lol:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dkn if i got my point across but what i meant is the game still freeezes my bad english might have sugested otherwise.

Don't worry, I understood quite well. :)
Is just that someone said something different (or at least I thought I read so), I gave it another try and was still the same.
No worries at all :D
Lets just keep on topic all, although i found Tomobobo's post very funny, you can just ignore it and/or only reply on the part that actually has something to do with nintendont.
I do..:lol:
I will from now on. :P

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have to concur with VinsCool, Zelda CE (with Zelda 1/2/OoT/MM/20 minute demo) works perfectly fine in 2.166. The other collector's disk which has only OoT and MQ works fine too. I noticed the Sonic DX double press issue was fixed in the GC demo disk too. Nifty.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong