Hacking Nintendont

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FIX94: is this being slowly rolled out across the board for all titles that Nintendont supports?

Also.. i don't know if this is just a problem for me only, but going back to my query about the attract demo in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2... on the second run of the demo, only the 'bloody annoying' announcer is heard (not either the BGM or SFX).

Edit: going back also to my previous post, is F-Zero AX GDT0004E supposed to have the Virtua Striker 3 ver. 2002 banner? :/

i extracted FZERO.bin from GDT-0004E.chd, ran it through TriHdrPatcher and converted it with DMToolbox into a iso to use with the Nintendont.

Last edited by LWares87,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94: is this being slowly rolled out across the board for all titles that Nintendont supports?
it was only possible for this game because of this. Also in the video description I've added a .gct file to use for nintendont.
Oh and that banner is just IN the gamecube image, so if you use a usb loader which actually loads banner.bin files that happens. When using nintendont directly it'll just show the patched in header title so, too bad if you use a usb loader.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
it was only possible for this game because of this. Also in the video description I've added a .gct file to use for nintendont.
Oh and that banner is just IN the gamecube image, so if you use a usb loader which actually loads banner.bin files that happens. When using nintendont directly it'll just show the patched in header title so, too bad if you use a usb loader.
Is this theorically possible with any games?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sure, it'd just take far too much work. Wind Waker, for example, all the calculations are tied to the framerate, so someone would have to go in and modify just about everything that moves in the game and hope that doesn't break anything.
Ahhh exactly the game that I hoped to be 60 FPS hahaha

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
and of course the game I just looked at course it was fun yesterday :P

I wonder now. Could a similar approach be used to fix games with inconsistent framerate?

Reactions: Troopage

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder now. Could a similar approach be used to fix games with inconsistent framerate?
well each games has its own stuff but as you can see the moment you increase the frames alot of stuff can break or become double speed, the ammount of time to track everything is too much basicaly you had to spent hours or days on each game lol.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not even crediar was able to figure out CARD support in them so dont expect me to ever solve the mystery.
And with that AX one being the latest is only a guess because that has the biggest executable and all its offsets are further down than on any other.
Oh and talking about that here we go, new nintendont version:
-added support for rev c and rev e of f-zero ax and added a missing patch for virtua striker 4 (export)

Thanks alot! That was quick! :yaywii:
Again I've tested all Triforce games and they all work as they should. Just a sidenote (not really important but I'd like to add): I'm using Wii Backup Image Editor to change header and names of the ISO's. So I can track back which game is really which revision because TriIsoExtract puts the same Game ID and same game name on all (VirtuaStriker based names). All games run with changed ID's and names, only F-Zero AX Rev C and E refuse to work. Doesn't matter though, because it's just a temporary ID I put myself which are not real ID's.

its all very weirdly emulated and probably has very little to do with the actual hardware. Anyways just push up a 1.2 of the iso extract program so now it should work with the full paths if they are given over.
Also key of avalon will never be supported, you would need 5 wiis, each wii would need 2 screens each, a card reader, a touchpad and all would need to be connected via lan while the "main" program runs on one of them and the other 4 would need the "satellite" program.

Tested and runs fine on all CHD's (again). :)

Also.. i don't know if this is just a problem for me only, but going back to my query about the attract demo in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2... on the second run of the demo, only the 'bloody annoying' announcer is heard (not either the BGM or SFX).

Edit: going back also to my previous post, is F-Zero AX GDT0004E supposed to have the Virtua Striker 3 ver. 2002 banner? :/

i extracted FZERO.bin from GDT-0004E.chd, ran it through TriHdrPatcher and converted it with DMToolbox into a iso to use with the Nintendont.

Why do you need to convert the file? Just rename FZERO.BIN to game.iso and voila! :toot:

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why does something like this happen when I start playing around with the games code?
wwwat.png

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love to see F-Zero AX and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 in 60FPS without any graphical glitches or slowdown (I tested it myself with the Super Mario Sunshine code and that's what happened).

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I
I'd love to see F-Zero AX and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 in 60FPS without any graphical glitches or slowdown (I tested it myself with the Super Mario Sunshine code and that's what happened).
I'd like Super Monkey Ball 2 to not be so slow on the completion of each level.... DX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1