Hacking Nintendont

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Many people will be very happy as am I as I've mistakenly hit the Home button on my Wii U Pro Controller quite a few times when trying to press Start as those buttons are way too close together and too small.
I have a precompiled version available in my delay-home-button branch: https://github.com/GerbilSoft/Nintendont/blob/delay-home-button/loader/loader.dol (it doesn't have the latest commit from FIX94's repository though). Can you try it out? I'd like some feedback on if the 2s is too long, too short, or if it should be adjustable.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a precompiled version available in my delay-home-button branch: https://github.com/GerbilSoft/Nintendont/blob/delay-home-button/loader/loader.dol (it doesn't have the latest commit from FIX94's repository though). Can you try it out? I'd like some feedback on if the 2s is too long, too short, or if it should be adjustable.
I can't try it out right now as my Wii U is in another state. I won't be there until sometime Saturday. We are in the process of moving so my gaming equipment is in the new house and I am in the old house this week.

TimidLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I'm sure it has, but I want to be absolutely sure before I go poking 'round the insides of my Wii U.

I own a Basic Wii U. So 8 GB of internal storage. I have a 64 GB USB sitting in it for extra storage. It's required to play games like Smash Wii U. Does the "no two HDD's" mean that I cannot have this 64 GB USB connected at the same time as the SD with Nintendont?

Thank you so much.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I'm sure it has, but I want to be absolutely sure before I go poking 'round the insides of my Wii U.

I own a Basic Wii U. So 8 GB of internal storage. I have a 64 GB USB sitting in it for extra storage. It's required to play games like Smash Wii U. Does the "no two HDD's" mean that I cannot have this 64 GB USB connected at the same time as the SD with Nintendont?

Thank you so much.
If the SD Card is where the GameCube games are stored and it is in the SD Slot than you should be fine. If the SD Card is in an USB SD Reader than you may have issues.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
would you look at that, an actual update!
-fixed broken loader video mode detection (was always ntsc)
-adjusted force video mode settings to not overwrite game region anymore
-setting leftover sram horizontal offset to 0 without memory card emulation
-disabled loading of pal gc ipl on wiiu to get around its video issues for now
if you were wondering why nothing happend for a while I also work on a lot of other projects.
So wait, I can use this to dump gba roms from the GBA, like the Chao garden from Sonic Adventure DX (which never got a proper .gba dump in English) and Crash Blast (which was never dumped as far as I know)?

gc-ipl-dump and gba-link-cable-dumper look really nifty. I'm going to try those out sometime this week.

I have a few in-progress branches for Nintendont that I need to finish up before merging. (improved GPT, adding a 2s delay to the Home button, and some menu improvements and optimizations)
Would be nice if you also remove the games limit which you mentioned before, if that wasn't implemented already, I'd like to know I can always add more games without worrying about having a limit.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So wait, I can use this to dump gba roms from the GBA, like the Chao garden from Sonic Adventure DX (which never got a proper .gba dump in English) and Crash Blast (which was never dumped as far as I know)?
this app is for real cartridges only so no. the link cable dumper goes into the same space as link cable applications since it is one itself. to get link cable applications you just have to open up the iso with something like gc-tool, you should find the .gba files (probably with .bin extension) in there. most link cable applications expect some special commands on startup though so you would probably have to develop a patch for that.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
this app is for real cartridges only so no. the link cable dumper goes into the same space as link cable applications since it is one itself. to get link cable applications you just have to open up the iso with something like gc-tool, you should find the .gba files (probably with .bin extension) in there. most link cable applications expect some special commands on startup though so you would probably have to develop a patch for that.
Hmm... I can rip these files if I know what to look for, I only wish to rip the Tiny Caho Garden from Sonic Adventure DX in English because it's the only missing GBA Sonic game but it was only ripped in Japanese and being focused on reading hints I can't play it in Japanese, I haven't touched my GBsp since forever because I have a DS lite so if someone can direct me how to rip it from the game disc I'd be more than happy.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm... I can rip these files if I know what to look for, I only wish to rip the Tiny Caho Garden from Sonic Adventure DX in English because it's the only missing GBA Sonic game but it was only ripped in Japanese and being focused on reading hints I can't play it in Japanese, I haven't touched my GBsp since forever because I have a DS lite so if someone can direct me how to rip it from the game disc I'd be more than happy.
well the most important thing is, does it run as a standalone and doesnt interact with the gc anymore afterwards or not, because if it still does then you probably cant use the dump for anything (good example is the tingle tuner from wind waker for that).

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also if someone has the file: HIDTestv4.rar, because in the link posted in the Nintendont official threath is no longer working, an I cannot find a website to download it, I will really appreciate it.

http://crediar.no-ip.com/HIDTestv4.rar
You can also try to tag @crediar , maybe he just didn't noticed the site is down, or he changed something maybe.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do sincerely apologize if this has been asked before, so I know there are button combinations on Gamecube controllers that allow one to exit the app back to the Homebrew Channel, but am I crazy or was there a combination that simply exited the game back to the Nintendont main menu? I could have sworn that at one point such a button combo existed. I'm not exactly a fan of having to exit the app every time I want to change a game, but merely back to the game selection itself, if that makes any sense. :P

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do sincerely apologize if this has been asked before, so I know there are button combinations on Gamecube controllers that allow one to exit the app back to the Homebrew Channel, but am I crazy or was there a combination that simply exited the game back to the Nintendont main menu? I could have sworn that at one point such a button combo existed. I'm not exactly a fan of having to exit the app every time I want to change a game, but merely back to the game selection itself, if that makes any sense. :P

No, only to return to your loader or the HBC. Nintendont was intended to be used as a loader not a browser.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
well the most important thing is, does it run as a standalone and doesnt interact with the gc anymore afterwards or not, because if it still does then you probably cant use the dump for anything (good example is the tingle tuner from wind waker for that).
-Well for Crash Bandicoot the Warth of Cortex "Crash Blast" it doesn't interact with the GC after it's installed.
-For Rayman mini game you have to stay connected or else the game is lost, that I understand can't be ripped.
-For Sonic Adventure DX "Tiny Chao Garden" you can unplug and continue playing the game no problem all you want, however you can still plug it in if you want to send the Chao back to the garden I think (although the Gamecube ports from the original games made the transition process copy the Chao rather than move it if there was no gamepack inserted so I'm not sure for that last part).

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
If I use a full HD tv and I run Nintendont on my Wii U, is there a way I can display a 640x480 or 1280x960 image on the screen? With a black frame all around the game, you know. I'd like to play with a pixel perfect image (1:1 or 2:1 pixel ratio). Is it possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P