Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be surprised how many people don't install CFW themselves. They buy it with CFW already installed. We've had many people here asking why Nintendont won't load from the Homebrew Loader or why it doesn't show up. This clearly shows they don't understand the difference between Wii U and vWii mode. Also people here keep asking the same questions over and over even though the first post covers these questions. Granted there are people that come here from all over the world and may not completely understand English.

Let's get back on topic please.

D

Deleted User

You'd be surprised how many people don't install CFW themselves. They buy it with CFW already installed. We've had many people here asking why Nintendont won't load from the Homebrew Loader or why it doesn't show up. This clearly shows they don't understand the difference between Wii U and vWii mode. Also people here keep asking the same questions over and over even though the first post covers these questions. Granted there are people that come here from all over the world and may not completely understand English.

Let's get back on topic please.

before we got on topic. Shouldn't the user who bought the wiiu ask about the system. I know when I'm buying a console, I usually try to check it out before I buy it. If not possible, I inquiry as much information about it. And end of conversation.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before we got on topic. Shouldn't the user who bought the wiiu ask about the system. I know when I'm buying a console, I usually try to check it out before I buy it. If not possible, I inquiry as much information about it. And end of conversation.
I've sold a few pre-hacked systems and the buyer would not ask any questions other than confirming they can play pirated games.

Cygis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also maybe I was a noob and didn't understand at the time. I didn't expect someone to insult me because of it. It's a simple mistake really, at least I knew that I could run Mocha through the Homebrew package. Why are you arguing about how new I am at this? English is my primary language. I'd appreciate not being insulted for not knowing something I was new two and something I said around two weeks ago. Besides, why does it matter if I said installed or loaded into memory, I was being more concise even if it's not the same thing

Last edited by Cygis,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the semantic war?

Copying something onto persistent storage is still installing it.
"Shrinking" a GC ISO is compressing it since it takes up less space. It's just not done with a dictionary algorithm.
You can't compress a GameCube ISO. Compressing a digital file means that you can reverse it and get the original file. With GameCube ISOs you are destructively removing data from the file and it can't be reversed. Just like you can't compress audio/video, you can only re-encode it with a more efficient codec.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone here is native English speaking.
You can shrink or compress a balloon, and expand or decompress a balloon.
Not to continue this but you inflate or deflate a balloon.

Anyway enough. Let's get back to praising all the great developers for this great piece of homebrew.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't compress a GameCube ISO. Compressing a digital file means that you can reverse it and get the original file. With GameCube ISOs you are destructively removing data from the file and it can't be reversed. Just like you can't compress audio/video, you can only re-encode it with a more efficient codec.

No it doesn't. That's lossless compression. :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't had any issues using gcit. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to trim/shrink Gamecube ISOs.
until you hit a game with audiostreaming and it will crash nintendont, gcit breaks audiostreaming games and is not recomended, if you want to shrink use DiosMiosToolbox instead.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
until you hit a game with audiostreaming and it will crash nintendont, gcit breaks audiostreaming games and is not recomended, if you want to shrink use DiosMiosToolbox instead.
So if we used DMToolbox we won't hit a problem with audiostreaming games? Thanks pedro! DMToolbox is what I used but I haven't tested my games yet.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So if we used DMToolbox we won't hit a problem with audiostreaming games? Thanks pedro! DMToolbox is what I used but I haven't tested my games yet.
yes audiostreaming still works shrunken with dmtb, dmtb is only imcompatible with afew games where you need to use gcit like tales off games,kirby air ride, wretlemania DOr games and maybe afew more.

Reactions: OrGoN3

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Which games are those? I haven't had a SINGLE issue with gcit. I don't get why you keep preaching this.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have Bomberman Generations trimmed and it runs fine on Nintendont.
some gaes dont crash and simply dont play the audio streaming portion, some crash, some games only have audiostreaming for like a very specific part of that game where it can crash when it reaches it, i remenber naruto clash of ninja crashing when main menu pressed start or some other game when something happened i cant recall the game, its when they bring up the streaming file wich is misaligend by gcit.

just grab starfox adventures and use gcit on it and you will see.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Bomberman Generations trimmed and it runs fine on Nintendont.
Roger. Now try all of the others and report back. If none crash Nintendont, then you can tell pedro to go to wherever you want him to go. Otherwise, his cautiousness stays.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

some gaes dont crash and simply dont play the audio streaming portion, some crash, some games only have audiostreaming for like a very specific part of that game where it can crash when it reaches it, i remenber naruto clash of ninja crashing when main menu pressed start or some other game when something happened i cant recall the game, its when they bring up the streaming file wich is misaligend by gcit.

just grab starfox adventures and use gcit on it and you will see.
Yes, grab the worst GC game and you'll see LOL Sorry :P

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT