Hacking Suggestion Nintendont?

Do you think FIX94 would create a switch version of Nintendont?

• YES!!

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • no.

Votes: 54 77.1%

• Total voters

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahem
qyshrexks9tx.jpg

you know if N doesn't end up making them somebody else will
Tbh I would buy those, I don't care how clunky or out of place they would be.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it IS but @FIX94 could try and experiment to create a gamecube emulator
It is not because Nintendont is not an emulator. Just like Wine on Linux.
It uses the fact that the Wii's architecture is very close to GC and that the Wii could launch GC games natively. So it's pretty much just directing the system calls from a GC game to the Wii system.
As the Wii U literally has a Wii on board (vWii) it's working there too but it won't ever run on the Switch with a completely different CPU (ARM) and no way to run Wii or GC games natively.
I can only be proved wrong by porting Dolphin (which is a GC and Wii emulator) to the Switch just to run Nintendont from there which would be the most f*cking stupid thing to do as Dolphin already runs GC games.
However it's very likely that we'll see Dolphin on the Switch at some point either as a standalone emulator or as a RetroArch core so just stop dreaming of Nintendont on the Switch.

SquidGuy

GBAtemp's official killer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is not because Nintendont is not an emulator. Just like Wine on Linux.
It uses the fact that the Wii's architecture is very close to GC and that the Wii could launch GC games natively. So it's pretty much just directing the system calls from a GC game to the Wii system.
As the Wii U literally has a Wii on board (vWii) it's working there too but it won't ever run on the Switch with a completely different CPU (ARM) and no way to run Wii or GC games natively.
I can only be proved wrong by porting Dolphin (which is a GC and Wii emulator) to the Switch just to run Nintendont from there which would be the most f*cking stupid thing to do as Dolphin already runs GC games.
However it's very likely that we'll see Dolphin on the Switch at some point either as a standalone emulator or as a RetroArch core so just stop dreaming of Nintendont on the Switch.
First, what you said about Dolphin is what I meant
Second, I'm not dreaming about Nintendon't I'm just trying to give ideas here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up