cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, so I'm trying to compile some stuff I know used to work, but I don't seem to have dirnext, diropen, et al.

Now have I forgot to install something, or do I just have to stop being lazy and fix my code?

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Ok, so I'm trying to compile some stuff I know used to work, but I don't seem to have dirnext, diropen, et al.

Now have I forgot to install something, or do I just have to stop being lazy and fix my code?
After switching to the new devkitPPC 23 and libogc 1.8.7 I got the same errors. I believe we include for those functions. Im not sure why they no longer can be found but as I need them for now Im staying on the previous devkitPPC.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
You need to replace diropen by "opendir", dirclose by "closedir" and dirnext with "readdir".

The new open/close functions use "DIR" structure, not "DIR_ITER", and readdir usage is substantially different from dirnext so you want to learn how to use it first.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
You need to replace diropen by "opendir", dirclose by "closedir" and dirnext with "readdir".

The new open/close functions use "DIR" structure, not "DIR_ITER", and readdir usage is substantially different from dirnext so you want to learn how to use it first.
Thanks for the tip. So what changed that caused this because I read the notes for the release and nothing screams "This will break uses of diropen...."?

For those having similar issues, to use readdir where you used dirnext here is a small bit of sample code to show how to use it:
CODE#include
#include

char fullpath[80];
char path[] = "sd:\";
DIR *dir = NULL;
struct dirent * temp = NULL;
struct stat filestat;

dir = opendir(path);
if (dir != NULL) {
ÂÂtemp = readdir(dir);
ÂÂif(temp != NULL ) {
ÂÂÂÂsnprintf(fullpath, sizeof(fullpath), "%s/%s", path, temp->d_name);
ÂÂÂÂif(stat( fullpath, &filestat) == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ//blah
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂ}
}
closedir(dir);

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
opendir/readdir/closedir are standard(-ish) C functions, while diropen/dirnext/dirclose are internal functions specific to devkitpro. Someone decided it was time everyone started using the "regular" functions so the other ones aren't exposed for outside use anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc