Hacking No haxchi icon on homescreen?

campbell0505

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I followed a tutorial for CBHC coldboot, from a channel called sthethix, and it went well. However, I've seen other tutorials that end up having a homebrew launcher icon, and a haxchi one? Where as mine has a homebrew launcher one and one that says "DO NOT TOUCH". Is this normal? Also, is it normal for the Wii U to display some text in the top left when launching after doing cbhc coldboot? I'm new to the Wii U as I only got mine yesterday, so I don't really understand homebrew for it yet.

Also, is it necessary for a nand backup? I never backed up my 3ds one and nothing happened. I heard the only way to restore a bricked wii u is to solder, so I probably wont do that anyway if it were ever to get bricked. Is it easy for it to get bricked? I only really intend on installing emulators and game backups.

Edit: Ended up uninstalling CBHC and just using Haxchi each time I launch.

Last edited by campbell0505,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it says do not touch then you have nothing to worry about as that is what it should say. The text you see when booting is also normal.

You won't brick as long as you don't remove the nnid that you used to buy the ds game that you are using for coldboot haxchi or as long as you dont do a system format as that will also remove the nnid and brick your WiiU.

campbell0505

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it says do not touch then you have nothing to worry about as that is what it should say. The text you see when booting is also normal.

You won't brick as long as you don't remove the nnid that you used to buy the ds game that you are using for coldboot haxchi or as long as you dont do a system format as that will also remove the nnid and brick your WiiU.
Oh ok, so if I were to ever remove the account that brought the ds game, my Wii U would be bricked? Okay, I will keep that in mind, thank you.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Why does it say do not touch. Does that mean do not delete? Wish they were more detailed about what not to do.
Basically not delete/tamper with.
As far as I know the haxchi game must be in NAND in order to work anyway, in case the USB device is removed or fails.

Pretty much anything was taken in consideration to avoid a really dumb brick.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it easy for it to get bricked?
One thing is for sure, you made it easier to get bricked by installing CBHC. Not trying to scare you, but most (all?) brick cases I ever saw were from misusing CBHC. Never saw a single brick case using plain old Haxchi. CBHC saves about 30 seconds of your time to launch CFW. Worth the risk? You decide!

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If your HDD fails you r screwed
Why is he screwed if his hdd fails?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why does it say do not touch.
Moving, touching is completely okay. They mean with the statement "Don't touch me!!!" that you shouldn't delete the ds vc title. You can even manually boot the title. The only thing what happens is, that your console boots into the cbhc menu. But that isn't required because this happens after powering on the console.

Does that mean do not delete? Wish they were more detailed about what not to do.
Reading a guide would be a dream. It is detailed enough imo.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I followed a tutorial for CBHC coldboot, from a channel called sthethix, and it went well. However, I've seen other tutorials that end up having a homebrew launcher icon, and a haxchi one? Where as mine has a homebrew launcher one and one that says "DO NOT TOUCH". Is this normal? Also, is it normal for the Wii U to display some text in the top left when launching after doing cbhc coldboot? I'm new to the Wii U as I only got mine yesterday, so I don't really understand homebrew for it yet.

Also, is it necessary for a nand backup? I never backed up my 3ds one and nothing happened. I heard the only way to restore a bricked wii u is to solder, so I probably wont do that anyway if it were ever to get bricked. Is it easy for it to get bricked? I only really intend on installing emulators and game backups.
Make a nand backup, and this is normal.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Why is he screwed if his hdd fails?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Moving, touching is completely okay. They mean with the statement "Don't touch me!!!" that you shouldn't delete the ds vc title. You can even manually boot the title. The only thing what happens is, that your console boots into the cbhc menu. But that isn't required because this happens after powering on the console.

Reading a guide would be a dream. It is detailed enough imo.
Doesn't say anything about it being installed on nand⁴

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't say anything about it being installed on nand⁴
"Don’t move the DS Virtual Console game to a USB drive"...says everything. Read dude. Read! And by the way is there a side note which says: "Breaking one of the above rules will result in a brick". It seems that reading is not your strength. And here something else. It is a stickied thread which clarifies everything you need to know.

Last edited by BaamAlex,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If your HDD fails you r screwed
CBHC starts before the USB device is mounted, so it has to be on NAND. Removing the HDD won't change anything for CBHC.
Why does it say do not touch. Does that mean do not delete?
That means do not delete, move to USB, reinstall the underlying DS game, ... well, simply don't do anything with it / do not touch. Anyway, CBHC itself has safeguards with it, so as long as CBHC is booted you shouldn't be able to delete/move/... the "Do not touch" thingie (except when directly tempering with NAND, i.E. with FTPiiU Everywhere).

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM1fQp6Dllc