Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I believe in Raj - but Raj also needs to believe in himself.
He was right when he tried to make the most user friendly firmware.
He is right, because he is able to think from end user viewpoint.

I don't want attack or disrespect you, but I don't understand the drama.

The thing it's simple, Rajnx and ReiNX are based both on early stage of atmosphére, now atmosphére are stable and ready for users, so mantain old stuff like this has no sense.

The debug mode and nogc update are supported on atmosphére codebase automatically, don't need patches or kips, if you don't trust on the code, you can add the patch anyways.

Only one thing are different against Rajnx, atmosphére don't have signature patches for play non legit games, but you can add this functionality with kip patches.

Split the same base project on various little projects it's just a bad step, it's better if all get centered on the same CFW, and at this time, atmosphére it's the best option, open source, free to send PR and still having the same modularity with the kip patches support.

You can configure hekate to show the same menu of Rajnx and start atmosphére with different configuration builds, it's just a easy and user friendly setup on your hekate configuration ini file.

Rajkosto make a good work and contribute with a lot of things to Switch scene, he decide to deprecate this starter pack with good reasons, this don't mean that we don't gona see his stuff on other sides.

Last edited by Chocola,

Crimson0verlord

The Crimson Øverlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to use odyssey mods with legit copy and i'm trying to boot RajNX v0.7.4, but when i try to launch configuration: RajNX CFW with LayeredFS, it returns message:

Initializing...

Unknown package1,
Version <= '20181107105733'>
Failed to launch firmware.

Any idea on what to do?

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Still a bloody good starter pack though. I mean, it supports most (if not all) games and works perfectly fine in every regard, so I'm sticking with RajNX until 6.1 gets obsolete in itself.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
until 6.1 gets obsolete in itself.
That's the point. It's outdated.
And even for 6.1 users KØSMOS does the exact same thing as RajNX while you wouldn't have to change anything when you update to 6.2 ;)
If you're fine with RajNX + 6.1, good for you. Nonetheless it would be wise to lock this thread with a last post by a mod telling anybody to better use KØSMOS instead as RajNX is outdated and no longer maintained.
@linuxares ?

Reactions: DanPavanez

xXViralXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey, so i bought my switch with Rajnx installed and seeing all I want to change to atmosphere or Kosmos but I dont know how, im a little scared to brick my console, anyone could help me?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, so i bought my switch with Rajnx installed and seeing all I want to change to atmosphere or Kosmos but I dont know how, im a little scared to brick my console, anyone could help me?
It's pretty easy.
Download the newest Køsmos zip file here:
https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
Unzip it to your SD card and launch the hekate payload through your fav payload launching method.
Inside hekate go to launch and then CFW.

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's pretty easy.
Download the newest Køsmos zip file here:
https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
Unzip it to your SD card and launch the hekate payload through your fav payload launching method.
Inside hekate go to launch and then CFW.
Does the Kosmos package come with the option of booting with nogc like RajNX?

I'm on 5.1.0 with only 1 fuse burned (went from 1.0.0 to 5.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX) and RajNX has served me well.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does the Kosmos package come with the option of booting with nogc like RajNX?

I'm on 5.1.0 with only 1 fuse burned (went from 1.0.0 to 5.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX) and RajNX has served me well.
No but it can be added.
Just compare your RajNX hekate ini with the one from Kosmos and put the nogc file in the right folder.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did rajkosto leave this place for good? He's away for almost a month now. Would be sad for for scene to loose him and his skills/knowledge/talent.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He was getting hammered pretty good for a bit there. I don’t blame him if he left. He will probably still be on discord somewhere.
I don't blame him too. He brought us the fuse preserving update guide and even delivered a fantastic homebrew (good mechanics, very good UI, touch responsive, free of errors) for doing it on the Switch a few weeks/months later which everyone's still using today.
I don't really get why everyone shot at him here. I mean, technically I could even fork Atmosphère, change one line of code and call it lordelan CFW. He did more than one line but got offended for calling RajNX a CFW although ReiNX CFW shouldn't be one as well then.
I hope he comes back at some point. :)

atomex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
-I have rajnx en 6.0.1. if i install KØSMOS: Is necesary reinstall the backups?

-I Updated with ChoiDujourNX to 6.0.1: it Is posible update to 6.0.2 with Kosmos?

-Does Kosmos autorcm like Rajnx?
Thanks!

Last edited by atomex,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi.
I have rajnx en 6.0.1. if i install KØSMOS: Is necesary reinstall the backups?
I Updated with ChoiDujourNX to 6.0.1: it Is posible update yo 6.0.2 with Kosmos?
Thanks!

No, backups are installed to your console or your sd card

You can safely update to 6.2 with CHoidujourNX which kosmos supports

Reactions: atomex

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi.
-I have rajnx en 6.0.1. if i install KØSMOS: Is necesary reinstall the backups?

-I Updated with ChoiDujourNX to 6.0.1: it Is posible update to 6.0.2 with Kosmos?

-Does Kosmos autorcm like Rajnx?
Thanks!
AutoRCM doesn't have anything to do with the custom firmware. You set it up from within a payload (briccmii or hekate or SX OS) or by updating via ChoiDujourNX so if you do that (and don't make any changes to the default values while installing the FW) you will have AutoRCM after the update, no matter if you had it before or not.

The only thing worth noting for people changing over from RajNX to KØSMOS is that KØSMOS doesn't support the nogc kip by default (but can be added to the hekate.ini manually).
So if preserving the "old" cartridge driver is important, keep that in mind.

Also I guess you mean you're about to update to 6.2.0 and not 6.0.2 (does that even exist?) because the party is at 6.2.0 now. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1