Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhhh just downloaded the new one, makes a HUGE difference. I thought the QR code was for a brand new download of free shop, didn't realize it was just an update... THANK YOU!!

If you're not seeing cache R160 and Detective Pikachu isn't shown in like the first page on freeShop, you'll need to QR scan update your encTitleKeys.bin from that title site. Here's an abstract representation of that site.

Kinda_like_that_title_site.png

Edit - Did more touchup to make it look more artsy.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted before that reinstalled it from scratch
Checking back if you ever fixed your problem. Did you ever get your game info & screenshots to work after following those steps?

You said you have version 1.1 / 1.2 of freeshop before using the latest release. That's super ancient as heck. Do you happen to have the 0:/3ds/data/freeshop old directory in place?

Lernos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks for the insight, I'll make sure to keep this mind in case others run into something like this.
So, wanna hear something hilarious? I have an Old 3DS XL too, also EUR of course. Also with b9s and all latest stuff-yadda-yadda, also dind't use in months. So I updated it and installed the new freeShop, and what do you think? It loaded up pretty fast and displays all game info and screenshot. It's connected to the same goddamn Wi-Fi router and proxy settings are off, I checked. I don't even know what's wrong with my N3DS then, man! And why it works using proxy! Does it have... a different IP when it goes online or something? It doesn't make sense...

OH. MY. GOD. I changed my region from Moscow City to simply Moscow and now freeShop works flawlessly. What the hell?!

Last edited by Lernos,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, wanna hear something hilarious? I have an Old 3DS XL too, also EUR of course. Also with b9s and all latest stuff-yadda-yadda, also dind't use in months. So I updated it and installed the new freeShop, and what do you think? It loaded up pretty fast and displays all game info and screenshot. It's connected to the same goddamn Wi-Fi router and proxy settings are off, I checked. I don't even know what's wrong with my N3DS then, man! And why it works using proxy! Does it have... a different IP when it goes online or something? It doesn't make sense...

OH. MY. GOD. I changed my region from Moscow City to simply Moscow and now freeShop works flawlessly. What the hell?!

At this point, whoever those bad faith actors are, they're trolling you and your Internet connection for plausible deniability to claim you're on the crazy pills. Not too long, we here over this side of the Atlantic ocean in the Red,White,&Blue had this happen to us: A nationwide Comcast landline outage is affecting thousands of businesses

Although Comcast is infamous and generally suck for many reasons, I couldn't find related news articles like that one explaining what was the cause behind that outage. Readers are left to assume that Comcast is being Comcast in providing crappy service, but I like to think it's not far fetched of a theory those bad faith actors decided to poke and stress test our online infrastructure for weaknesses. To me at least when looking at this map, it's quite strange for various landlines to simultaneously go down. We do live in interesting times these days, and one can only wonder why... :unsure:
Screen_Shot_2018_06_06_at_11.16.31_AM.0.png

Since this thread is about freeShop and to keep this post kinda relevant, here's one more tin foily hat conspiracy (rhetorical of course). Since it's been 3 weeks we haven't seen the expected R161 cache, maybe those bad actors are DoS attacking our freeShop Raspberry Pi server? :rofl2:

Reactions: Lernos

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got a little question about something I noticed. I decided to get Bloodstained earlier and I couldn't find it on FreeShop. I'm on latest FreeShop version and made sure to update the titlekeys.db (even did it twice just in case). Thing is, it IS shown on the titlekeys site, just won't appear on FreeShop for whatever reason. I had to use CIAngel to get it in the end. I've had this happen with a couple other games in the past, so what's the explanation behind that?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what the newest title key is. I don't see one here, just the QR code.
It's the same as the one you used before.
if I downloaded the newest version of free shop then wouldn't all my games from the old one disappear?
No.

edit: why does this website keep not showing posts until I reply to them? I opened this tab less than 30 seconds ago.

JambonBeurreMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got a little question about something I noticed. I decided to get Bloodstained earlier and I couldn't find it on FreeShop. I'm on latest FreeShop version and made sure to update the titlekeys.db (even did it twice just in case). Thing is, it IS shown on the titlekeys site, just won't appear on FreeShop for whatever reason. I had to use CIAngel to get it in the end. I've had this happen with a couple other games in the past, so what's the explanation behind that?

The cache hasn't been updated since 3 weeks (r160) and has to be updated manually. That being said, don't know who is in charge of that process.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The cache hasn't been updated since 3 weeks (r160) and has to be updated manually. That being said, don't know who is in charge of that process.
What do you mean exactly? Don't know what the cache is for or what it contains for FreeShop, so if you can, explain a bit.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean exactly? Don't know what the cache is for or what it contains for FreeShop, so if you can, explain a bit.

freeShop is like the librarian who you go up to and ask if a book (or game) that you're looking to borrow (heh) is available in the library (Nintendo CDN). She, the librarian, pulls up a list on her computer (the cache) and checks if that book is in their known inventory. Even if you spot the physical book in the library, freeShop will not acknowledge its existence because she's stingy and wants to follow the rules set forth by her boss, Evi, who said "Only allow check outs for books on that list and nothing else. No exceptions."

Even if you present the book's ISBN (the ticket) to freeShop and try to point her to that the damn book in the library, she's gonna nope you hard because rules are rules.

A fellow coworker of freeShop, CIAngel, is more relax about rules. Even though a lot of people overlook his help because he's not as good looking as her, he's dependable enough to get the job done when asked. Give him the ISBN, he'll go and see if the book's there, come back with it if it is, and check you out.

Due to company policy, CIA angel does not fall under freeShop's boss' rule because he's outsourced (not really, but you get the jist).

I hope that analogy helps in explaining their differences even though none of us ever really return those books. Lmao.

D

Deleted User

Seriously though, who is maintaining the cache updates now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

freeShop is like the librarian who you go up to and ask if a book (or game) that you're looking to borrow (heh) is available in the library (Nintendo CDN). She, the librarian, pulls up a list on her computer (the cache) and checks if that book is in their known inventory. Even if you spot the physical book in the library, freeShop will not acknowledge its existence because she's stingy and wants to follow the rules set forth by her boss, Evi, who said "Only allow check outs for books on that list and nothing else. No exceptions."

Even if you present the book's ISBN (the ticket) to freeShop and try to point her to that the damn book in the library, she's gonna nope you hard because rules are rules.

A fellow coworker of freeShop, CIAngel, is more relax about rules. Even though a lot of people overlook his help because he's not as good looking as her, he's dependable enough to get the job done when asked. Give him the ISBN, he'll go and see if the book's there, come back with it if it is, and check you out.

Due to company policy, CIA angel does not fall under freeShop's boss' rule because he's outsourced (not really, but you get the jist).

I hope that analogy helps in explaining their differences even though none of us ever really return those books. Lmao.
I love this!

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah sorry about the lack of cache updates... I had some stuff involving broken systems and other things. Anyway, stuff is fixed now, shouldn't happen again. Cache updates continue to be automated every wednesday and I just released another one to make up for the lack of them for the past month or so.

@TurdPooCharger - I love that analogy.

Johnny Woods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do we do if we have found a bug, I have a issue where if I let the eShop music play, freeshop will freeze usually around the loop point in the music

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do we do if we have found a bug, I have a issue where if I let the eShop music play, freeshop will freeze usually around the loop point in the music

Does freeShop freeze on you with the BGM stopping? Try making backups of the bgm_boss1 and bgm_boss2 files found in the 3ds/freeshop/music directory and delete them. Next time you start freeshop, it should make fresh copies of eShop tracks.

If the problem does not go away, report your bug at: https://notabug.org/Paul_GameDev/freeShop/issues

Give as much details as you can about your 3DS setup, button action sequences, and if you got a luma crash log dump, share that too.

Paul's on study abroad atm, so he might not get back to you for a while.

Edit - By @Dionicio3 recommendation, here's the discord app: https://discordapp.com/invite/Nn7XRJn
* Starting a discordapp user account may or may not be required for certain channels.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Does freeShop freeze on you with the BGM stopping? Try making backups of the bgm_boss1 and bgm_boss2 files found in the 3ds/freeshop/music directory and delete them. Next time you start freeshop, it should make fresh copies of eShop tracks.

If the problem does not go away, report your bug at: https://notabug.org/Paul_GameDev/freeShop/issues

Give as much details as you can about your 3DS setup, button action sequences, and if you got a luma crash log dump, share that too.

Actually, reporting on the discord server is much better and will be seen faster

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Edit - By @Dionicio3 recommendation, here's the discord app: https://discordapp.com/invite/Nn7XRJn
* Starting a discordapp user account may or may not be required for certain channels.

I'm back since two weeks, actually.
If I still had motivation to work on freeShop, I'd possibly make a fix or something, but as of now I don't see that happening.
If you want any further explanation, join the discord server and read the archived meta channel.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back since two weeks, actually.
If I still had motivation to work on freeShop, I'd possibly make a fix or something, but as of now I don't see that happening.
If you want any further explanation, join the discord server and read the archived meta channel.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

Eh, I don't blame you. This summer air (if you're in northern hemisphere) seems be slowing down time and naturally changing the general mood to seeking leisure and enjoyment. Maybe the world needs a break from all the cray cray that's happening in the news, and more focus on personal self reflection.

I'm kinda in the same spot as you with something I've been meaning to write and post (not freeshop related). There's this Dell pointing stick & Lenovo TrackPoint nub c-stick mod review I've got in the pipeline and not a nary of one word I've yet to type about them. All the talking points are established from collected data but no drive to mash those buttons into coherent sentences.

Guys, Wednesday past by and no R162. Oh noez! :rofl2:

D

Deleted User

Eh, I don't blame you. This summer air (if you're in northern hemisphere) seems be slowing down time and naturally changing the general mood to seeking leisure and enjoyment. Maybe the world needs a break from all the cray cray that's happening in the news, and more focus on personal self reflection.

I'm kinda in the same spot as you with something I've been meaning to write and post (not freeshop related). There's this Dell pointing stick & Lenovo TrackPoint nub c-stick mod review I've got in the pipeline and not a nary of one word I've yet to type about them. All the talking points are established from collected data but no drive to mash those buttons into coherent sentences.

Guys, Wednesday past by and no R162. Oh noez! :rofl2:
To be fair, there aren't as many updates as the last time, since it hadn't been updated in weeks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email