Status
Not open for further replies.

Protostoppo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Sorry for the off-topic question, but the chip arrived today and I will have it fitted tomorrow. For the installation will I lose all the files on the console? I'd like to know if there's any way to back up the saves somewhere besides the cloud before making the change though

ragnarok_approaches123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looks like the HWFLY team realised that the best thing they can do is accept their own clone is now obsolete and start selling the cheaper clone. It's frustrating for me knowing that I paid over five times as much as what these newer chips cost.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the off-topic question, but the chip arrived today and I will have it fitted tomorrow. For the installation will I lose all the files on the console? I'd like to know if there's any way to back up the saves somewhere besides the cloud before making the change though
You will only lose your saves if the installer makes a mistake and bricks your Switch. If you're worried then subscribe to Nintendo's online service and backup your saves before getting the chip installed.

gameboy64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Is it safe to use hwfly rp2040 core kit? I am thinking about it since it's easier than regular rp2040

bbarnes11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is identically to the RP2040 - and can be flashed via USB with the same firmware.
You do not need to desolder anything.
Installing like all other chips.

I did a dumb and loaded mine with the hwfly-nx FW from github....

Then i reloaded with the Picofly FW from the picofly thread. Its complaining about no reset line, its not installed so that makes sense. Sounds like that was the right move?

Last edited by bbarnes11,

bbarnes11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a dumb and loaded mine with the hwfly-nx FW from github....

Then i reloaded with the Picofly FW from the picofly thread. Its complaining about no reset line, its not installed so that makes sense. Sounds like that was the right move?
Picofly firmware works great, HATS as well

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm getting my Switch with it installed as well, how do I know which version do I have or if I have to update it? If I boot it up without a microSD card it just throws me the No SD error with the RaspPI logo so I'm unsure which version it is.

bbarnes11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting my Switch with it installed as well, how do I know which version do I have or if I have to update it? If I boot it up without a microSD card it just throws me the No SD error with the RaspPI logo so I'm unsure which version it is.
I got FW from the Picofly thread on here. The HWFLY is a v6 and the FW i used was 2.73. Not sure you have to update it, but its good to get 'known' FW.

That behavior sounds normal, you need to add an SD card with a payload

I did it by connecting to the USB on the HWFLY itself and pulling the 2.73 FW into the root folder. The RP will then flash.

WingJhon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Mine is just arrived today from China. I have one question.
Should I Reset & Reflash it before I install/solder it to my switch or not?

DuffGnR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a problem, I installed the RP2040 which is very similar to the HWFly model, but it always boots in emunand and sometimes I can boot in OFW, but sometimes it hangs on the Nintendo Switch logo when I try to boot in OFW, or it gives an error 2002-3539 /3540, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I also get slower mode messages when I try to create an emunand, backup and sometimes when doing a benchmark in emmc, but sometimes everything passes normally.
Has anyone already solved this problem and would know an effective way?

WingJhon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have a problem, I installed the RP2040 which is very similar to the HWFly model, but it always boots in emunand and sometimes I can boot in OFW, but sometimes it hangs on the Nintendo Switch logo when I try to boot in OFW, or it gives an error 2002-3539 /3540, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I also get slower mode messages when I try to create an emunand, backup and sometimes when doing a benchmark in emmc, but sometimes everything passes normally.
Has anyone already solved this problem and would know an effective way?
Are you using Hats pack?

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
always i update the chips before install then,pc dont see then,but when is installed,the led turn on

a customer give me to,i can ask him,but think is china

so you think is the board? now i have purple screen brand new oled
I've done 15+ core and lite hwfly pico chip and all working fine. I think the oled picochip are defective. Mine had the same problems as yours. I left it for a day disconnecting the chip from mainboard thinking i had a new paperweight but the next day that switch comeback alive. Now i am using v6 for the time being , that chip gave me a heart attack , i have not touched it for month.

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Anyone here got a black screen by running the console without HwFly rp2040? After some successful boots (no sd card screen with Raspberry logo), I got the error (with led blinking): *== No eMMC CMD1 request. Connecting the emmc directly to the motherboard and desoldering the modchip, the console shows black screen.

The emmc is alive, as I've read it via mmcblkNX.

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hello,

I've managed to boot to the "No SD Card" screen with an HwFly RP2040 (picofly clone). It consistently boots, but if insert a microsd with Hekate+ Atmosphere package, after the glitch (so blue led and then yellow led) I get a black screen.
If I remove the micro sd card from the reader and power on, the “No SD Card” screen is shown successfully.
The switch is a Mariko V2.

I tried with 3 different SD cards (256GB, 64GB and 32GB). I have tried formatting with both “SD Card formatter” and “Rufus”.
For the content: I tried an already complete package found in a tutorial, I also tried another package from [KEFIR 709, Atmosphere 1.5.5, hekate 6.0.6].
Nothing, still the same problem.

Any idea/tip? Thanks

Last edited by minimanimo,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've managed to boot to the "No SD Card" screen with an HwFly RP2040 (picofly clone). It consistently boots, but if insert a microsd with Hekate+ Atmosphere package, after the glitch (so blue led and then yellow led) I get a black screen.
If I remove the micro sd card from the reader and power on, the “No SD Card” screen is shown successfully.
The switch is a Mariko V2.

I tried with 3 different SD cards (256GB, 64GB and 32GB). I have tried formatting with both “SD Card formatter” and “Rufus”.
For the content: I tried an already complete package found in a tutorial, I also tried another package from [KEFIR 709, Atmosphere 1.5.5, hekate 6.0.6].
Nothing, still the same problem.

Any idea/tip? Thanks
Not sure if you sorted your issue out, but I had the same problem with a Mariko mobo. I digress because I uninstalled the chip. I did probe my points on the mobo, and all were in the 700's with the exception of RST not giving a reading (prior day was in 900's, next day nadda). Did you probe your points in diode mode?

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 switches, so I backed up all my saves to the other switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, the v90 build works pretty good even has 360 titles