Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What OS are you gonna use with 64mb of memory
laugh.gif
You maybe better seeing if you can sell the parts.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how much do you want for the nice laptop Harsky =p My laptop is dying and I really need a replacement just for university =p

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I dont know if there's any better way to format the harddrives, except formatting the harddrives
tongue.gif
I mean, the old fashioned normal way... I don't know..

I'd actually be interested in a laptop like that (both in seperate ways)...

but I wouldn't give that much for it... I'd give £25... tops... (the old one I mean... the other one could be sold for much more!)

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quite surprised at the specs of the thing though, a 500 Mhz celeron (faster then my laptop
cry.gif
) yet 64 megs of ram and 6 gigs of harddrive space :S (even my 300 Mhz celi had more of both, that and the optical drive wasn't broken
tongue.gif
). Well I guess you should at least put up a picture so people know what they are getting...

QUOTE said:
Now, if I sell this on ebay will I get into trouble and also is there a way to properly format everything on the HDD to get rid of all the data?
A few times low level (say 10 times) should do the trick, but to be really safe you should have it written over with random data around the same number of times (not that many people will be able to get files out of a 10 times low leveled format anyway). I know mac OSX has the feature

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
How are your case modding skillz? If you can replace the CD with a working DVD reader, you could turn that laptop into a huge-screen portable DVD player/media player, and sell it for more moneyz than a mere obsolete laptop would fetch
happy.gif

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How are your case modding skillz? If you can replace the CD with a working DVD reader, you could turn that laptop into a huge-screen portable DVD player/media player, and sell it for more moneyz than a mere obsolete laptop would fetchÂ
happy.gif
That's the worrying part. The reason the CD drive is messed up is because it had gone through the hands of several people and the bezel is literally snapped and only holding on by a thread. It IS a DVD drive but I think even playing an mpeg is intensive enough.

Picture time. Yes, it's running XP because it was the only OS I had on hand. It was either that or Windows ME but that would be like saying, "hmm.... AIDS is better than cancer"

dsc01906fr8.jpg

The broken CD drive. Broken because it also has no button

dsc01907hx8.jpg

And my other laptop which actually works but I need to sell to upgrade desktop

dsc01909ce9.jpg

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is really nothing for you to do with it, selling it could take a while and since computer prices drop every week, you are almost out of time.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apart from reformatting over and over again, what other methods can I use to get rid of data on the other laptop I'm planning on selling. Also, the new laptop originally came with Vista Home Premium. If I installed a pirated Vista Ultimate am I just setting myself up for more trouble?

As for the old laptop. Meh, I'll just peel the serial number off and take any offer. My only concern is... how do I ensure that if I send a laptop by mail it doesn't break.

Thanks for the help so far GBAtemp

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from reformatting over and over again, what other methods can I use to get rid of data on the other laptop I'm planning on selling.
Reformatting multiple times does nothing. You need to nuke the drive.

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

QUOTE said:
Also, the new laptop originally came with Vista Home Premium. If I installed a pirated Vista Ultimate am I just setting myself up for more trouble?
Ultimate doesn't really give you anything over Home Premium. Just stick with what it came with.

QUOTE said:
My only concern is... how do I ensure that if I send a laptop by mail it doesn't break.

http://www.millenniumcomputer.net/how_to_p...your_laptop.htm

QUOTE(Little @ Nov 25 2007, 07:20 PM)
how much do you want for the nice laptop Harsky =p My laptop is dying and I really need a replacement just for university =p
FOR YOU MY FRIEND.... £600
Its worth closer to $600.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Urza: The thing is, I was kinda hoping that people would bid more for a laptop that has Ultimate because it's the most expensive of the Vista operating system. Or will that put the sellers off?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKJyCeQck4