Hacking Question Noob help?

Switcyswachty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah the title says it all. I just ordered a new nintendo switch with 3.0.0 firmware rdy for homebrew :) The gaming system in it self is not important, i want it for linux and homebrew only.

And i ofc do not want to fuck anything up so.. where do i start?

would love som detailed video toterials.

Also have anyone made a userfriendly guide so that noobs could enjoy switchlinux too? xD

Thanks! :)

Switcyswachty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thanks everybody :) i have 13 more days to learn before it arrives witch i think is great :) will wait for something a little more user friendly. but i did see that someone made a build with wifi and toucht drivers so things are really happening fast :D :D

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the title says it all. I just ordered a new nintendo switch with 3.0.0 firmware rdy for homebrew :) The gaming system in it self is not important, i want it for linux and homebrew only.

And i ofc do not want to fuck anything up so.. where do i start?

would love som detailed video toterials.

Also have anyone made a userfriendly guide so that noobs could enjoy switchlinux too? xD

Thanks! :)

Don't connect it to the internet. Right now a mandatory update flag is being triggered that will lock you out of the web applets. This flag will force you to update to the latest FW to re-enable web applets. Of course, soon this may be a moot point because they (devs/people that know shit) are aware of what flag is being set. There will probably be a payload that can be used to reset the value to 0. Check the threads.

Edit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/importa...ges-to-block-web-applets-from-working.502431/

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't connect it to the internet. Right now a mandatory update flag is being triggered that will lock you out of the web applets. This flag will force you to update to the latest FW to re-enable web applets. Of course, soon this may be a moot point because they (devs/people that know shit) are aware of what flag is being set. There will probably be a payload that can be used to reset the value to 0. Check the threads.

Edit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/importa...ges-to-block-web-applets-from-working.502431/
I can connect to the internet/dns to boot the HBL just fine without getting that update nag

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can connect to the internet/dns to boot the HBL just fine without getting that update nag

Good. Probably could avoid it by just creating a white list. However, the vector that Nintendo uses is currently unknown. The value is technically able to be reset already. However, he asked for noob advice.

Switcyswachty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
every tip is appriciated :) . ok no wifi, and swtch off automatic updates (ofc). internett can still be used true homebrew launcher ore with a custom switchbru dns connection? :) either way, il keep the original fw for homebrew and use linux for internett needs/tablet/minipc ofc homebrew too. Have anyone tried vlc ore a media player? Also are there any mods that makes the sd card reader do several sd cards at once ore a way for it to accept a higher speed class than the usual 1? :P i read something about this but i am wery sceptical. Any ohter mods/improvement that can be done to it and hardware? :)

Switcyswachty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
just Trying to get some info, thats all. And not everything there is userfriendly, yet. and im glad i did make this post, now i know about the possible wifi supernag. witch is GREAT. would suck if i were to try to enable the homebrew launcher myself and i got stuck in the supernag. again thank you to all the people who actually took the time to try to help :)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Aha. Now, if you would have read the thread labled important, that talks about the supernag ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/importa...-block-web-applets-from-working.502431/page-7 ) - you would have seen, that the HBL DNS (for 3.0.0) already was patched to not bity you, in case you haven't been bitten already.

The actual approach Nintendo tool still isn't entirely clear, but the HBL DNS now only whitelists a few servers and blocks the entire rest of the world out there, and according to "tests" thats enough for Nintendo not being able to activate "supernag". The unfortunate part is, that this conflicts with the other guys DNS approach who tried to make a DNS based portal side to an open web.

Reactions: Switcyswachty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)