MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
terra808 said:
afif95 said:
I'm taking a piss on him for a reason. Anyway, DJPlace about your question before, I suppose you could if you want to.

READ THE FUCKING TITLE OF THE FUCKING THREAD YOU FUCKING WANKER.......IF U THINK IM A FUCKING N00B STOP TRASHING THE FUCKING THREAD WITH YOUR CRAP ......FUCKING Read n00b thread now fuck off and give someone that gives a shit a hand .........NOOB PARADISE - ask away...........
OK OK ... is it better with KY JELLY.......

OK im sorry IM A NOOB (IS HIS EYES)

my question is..........becuase im a noob and i have to ask a questions in this thread if that right.....then i have no questions ...never have ...only help if anybody wishs to listen.

A little bit of self control and easy to read posts will go a LONG way here on gbatemp
lecture.gif

Niborz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dumped my Mario kart wii game using the waninkoko 1.2 dumper and burned it successfully to my disc but now i get an error saying Error: No DVD(n).
My other games wrk fine and this is my first time dumping my own game.......

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you tell us the size of the .iso wich burning software did you used and how did you burned the .iso, as an image..?? please..!!
smile.gif

richglix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to jump in here and say that Verbatum DVD+ are freaking awesome.

I had been working with Magnavox's and they Tricked me! One of the first games I ever backed up, TvC, worked, so I thought they were good discs...

10 coasters later...

I bought a 25 pack of the V DVD+R, with the movie reel top.

My first 2 burns both work flawlessly from the disc channel!

WOOT!

D

Deleted User

If you don't like to be pissed on, then start to read and make your posts more readable. As MicShadow said:
QUOTE said:
A little bit of self control and easy to read posts will go a LONG way here on gbatemp

You are not trying or helping either. This is the place where we asks questions, not gives ideas. Also, I'm not the kind who pisses on every noob. Your case is special, it's asking for a stupid feature that benefits noobs but does otherwise to powerful users.

I ain't having a converse with you no more.

-------------------------------------------------

Niborz, have you tried reading this guide?:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129239

Niborz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Can you tell us the size of the .iso wich burning software did you used and how did you burned the .iso, as an image..?? please..!!
smile.gif

Srry fr late reply but i used nero and the size was 4,699,979,776 bytes.
Yeh and well i put all the 6 parts i dumped and combined them b4 i burnt them and they became i file as big as stated above.

dimikosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm running Backup Loader .3 002 fix on my 3.3U Wii. A lot of my backups are spotty sometimes they play fine and sometimes I cant get past the warning screen. I'm wondering if this is a burn issue, I've been using Verbs DVD-Rs and these work more consistently then My TDK DVD-Rs. I'm burning with ImgBurn 8x speed.

However thats my first problem. I plan on downgrading to 3.2 for optimal homebrew, would upgrading to 3.4 then downgrading be better then do a straight downgrade to 3.2?

Thanks!

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats the right size Niborz. Try using ImgBurn, it works the best for Wii backups it seems. Nero has reported to have had some problems. Make sure the booktype is DVD-ROM and that the speed is at auto.

Thos settings always work for me

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Niborz said:
Srry fr late reply but i used nero and the size was 4,699,979,776 bytes.
Yeh and well i put all the 6 parts i dumped and combined them b4 i burnt them and they became i file as big as stated above.

But did you selected the option: "Burn an Image" or whatever says in yours..?? cause that NO DVD error it is when you didn't installed the cIOS or when it is not an image of a game

Niborz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MicShadow said:
Thats the right size Niborz. Try using ImgBurn, it works the best for Wii backups it seems. Nero has reported to have had some problems. Make sure the booktype is DVD-ROM and that the speed is at auto.

Thos settings always work for me

Ok I'll use Imgburn and ty fr the help
smile.gif
!!
EDIT: I selected make Data DVD like i have always done fr my backups and followed same steps..^^

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dimikosta said:
Hey guys I'm running Backup Loader .3 002 fix on my 3.3U Wii. A lot of my backups are spotty sometimes they play fine and sometimes I cant get past the warning screen. I'm wondering if this is a burn issue, I've been using Verbs DVD-Rs and these work more consistently then My TDK DVD-Rs. I'm burning with ImgBurn 8x speed.

However thats my first problem. I plan on downgrading to 3.2 for optimal homebrew, would upgrading to 3.4 then downgrading be better then do a straight downgrade to 3.2?

Thanks!

Just use cIOS and IOS downgraders and you'll be fine, you can also first update to 3.4 and then go back, but why wasting time..?? and the DRE are because of bad burn/media, in the case or verbatim I'll recomend trying to burn at 16X one game and then check it and compare it with an 8X writted with DVDinfo, just to see wich one came out better...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Niborz said:
EDIT: I selected make Data DVD like i have always done fr my backups and followed same steps..^^

Well now select burn as or an Image disc or whatever option gives you, that's why it is not reading the game the launcher...!!!
biggrin.gif

BTW: I use Nero and had 0 problems, ImgBurn it is not bad but it take a little longer to burn the images, and with a 1 yo daughter, 5 min it is too much time that I don't have
laugh.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
terra808 said:
u can read this stuff on this forum without being a member......PRIVATE ROOM for proper hacking stuff/people .....dont broadcast it to the whole fucking world......why are you doing this .....this is a noob question

To be honest, there are like 3 or 4 coders here and not that great or with a lot of knowledge, the best coders chat in #wiidev, if any of us (mortals) even try to enter, you got your head pealed off, seriously, drop it...!!!
smile.gif

dimikosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
dimikosta said:

Thanks!

Just use cIOS and IOS downgraders and you'll be fine, you can also first update to 3.4 and then go back, but why wasting time..?? and the DRE are because of bad burn/media, in the case or verbatim I'll recomend trying to burn at 16X one game and then check it and compare it with an 8X writted with DVDinfo, just to see wich one came out better...!!!
smile.gif

Alright, Thanks for the advice! The reason I want to upgrade first is so I have a clean slate with no custom IOS's installed, just me being paranoid
rolleyes.gif
. And the 16x speed is something I read have read about. I just figured burning 8x would be better since it's closer to the Wii's read speed. Oh well C'est la vie.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it has nothing to do the writting at 8X with reading at 6X, even if I writte, what you are reading, in 2 seconds, you still are going to read it at your own speed, got it..??
biggrin.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
terra808 said:
then why does it all happen here...not felt the need to go to those sites ....its all moving here .... im scared to turn off my pc unless i miss something

haaaaaa that's the magic of GBATemp (

Furter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
1. Is there a list of all the original ios that should be on my system when i brought it? i.e. what ios should be with firmware 3.3E
No one has cared enough to post a list of the original IOS, but I think all of them are inside the update partition of the disc with an update (almost everyone I think), but you could do an update to 3.4 (with IOS249 installed from Gamma launcher) and the run the Title Lister app, that'll give the entire list of original existent IOS (except for 249, of course) and then use cIOS and IOS Downgrader to go back to 3.2

2. I'm i correct in thinking that the only ios that is extra is ios 249 the others can be put back to original if they are modified with an upgrade with ios downgrader
Yes the only extra IOS inside your Wii right now is IOS249 (and IOS16 if you used the Custom Wad Manager), and if you pull an update thru the Wii Settings you'll have the latest and original IOS'es

So can i use AnyTitle Deleter to delete IOS249 and IOS 16(as i know i have this as well) then do the system update thru Wii settings and then a wii format then this should be back to a virgin Wii am i right or way off the mark

Thanks again

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
is there anyway to see the title id before i install a wad
when it comes to uninstalling them with anytitle deleter i cant tell whats what there all like (B5SU) ect

Don't really remember because I used it only a few times, but confirm it for yourself with this tool

works a treat thank you

on a side not this thread wont be used if its just ful of spam maybe a mod could clean it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof