FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
Now do I need to keep them as ISO or is their a way to store Gamecubes game on the USB loader or will I need a different program for that?
It is not possible to play gamecube from USB. You will need a wii drive which can read backups.
WADs can be only installed on wii memory. WiiWare and Virtual Console games also can be moved to sd card.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I used modmii to sofmod my wii so I got MMM (multi mod manager i think) And it allows to install WADs from the SD card. Now ur saying Kill wii is another app?

Coz i want to get all my apps on my usb loader so I dont need an SD card at all. Wonder if homebrew channel will work correctly if i move the apps since it was installed from the SD card. So where to i get kill wii?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SS4 said:
I used modmii to sofmod my wii so I got MMM (multi mod manager i think) And it allows to install WADs from the SD card. Now ur saying Kill wii is another app?
Kill wii is no app
laugh.gif
If you uninstall IOSes you will kill your wii, so please be very careful. Use ModMii to hack, update and rehack your wii properly with brick protection.

QUOTE(SS4 @ Apr 22 2011, 09:48 PM) Coz i want to get all my apps on my usb loader so I dont need an SD card at all. Wonder if homebrew channel will work correctly if i move the apps since it was installed from the SD card.
Homebrew Channel will work fine with it, you can access the menu with 1 and change from sd to usb.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK lol, that makes more sense now
tongue.gif

I just found out that some games don't work on the USB loader. Well NTSC games are all fines (I have a NA black Wii so NTSC
tongue.gif
) I've only had issues with 2 PAL games so far, Beyblade and Mortal Kombat. (OH! Forgot about marble challenge(PAL) which worked at first with video set to system default but the next day had to change it to force to NTSC for it to work...weird...)

With Beyblade (PAL)when i switched video to console default i only get blackscreen. When I forced to NTSC it loaded but video was just like a PAL game... SO i got the NTSC versions and it works fine.

Mortal Kombat (PAL).... it gets to loading screen, u get the controlled and space screen then it goes black. I've looked around and it seems like this is a game problem (NTSC might do the same). It need a .dol fix where u change the main.dol to mk7.dol or something on the game files. Now i read something about SNEEK as well...

Is there a compatibilty list for the USB loader somewhere so I know which games not to download and which can be fixed and how lol.

I also fixed Black OPS eternal loading issue by switching ios from default 249 to 250 in the options. So the which ios and which fix to use for some games would be great to know. Hope some1 has the anwser or can direct me to a list or something...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SS4 said:
It need a .dol fix where u change the main.dol to mk7.dol or something on the game files.
It's called alternative dol, every usb loader have a option for this, which one are you using?

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Configurable USB loader that was recommended upon the Modmii process.

Now i saw that dol option but i dont quite get it, i need to put the dol file somewhere like an sd card or are there already some there?

But are there any games that dont work at all or a list of known issue with settings or options needed for some special game? There probably not that much that don't work of the bat...

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SS4 said:
Now i saw that dol option but i dont quite get it, i need to put the dol file somewhere like an sd card or are there already some there?

But are there any games that dont work at all or a list of known issue with settings or options needed for some special game? There probably not that much that don't work of the bat...
the .dols should be in the game image...it's all in there, no need to add files to anything...clicking alt dol in the loader should allow you to switch to any available .dol file within the game file....

here's your list of problematic games...this is from the wiiflow site, but the same will hold true for all loaders....

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keine said:
How do USB Loaders achieve launching games, when the user obviously has a very outdated System Menu Version, and thus most likely outdated IOS as well.
My 3.4U CFG Launcher v60 was launching Kirby's Epic Yarn. How can this be? Please someone explain this to me.
Cause of ur cIOS!! lol

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dn_angel000 said:
keine said:
How do USB Loaders achieve launching games, when the user obviously has a very outdated System Menu Version, and thus most likely outdated IOS as well.
My 3.4U CFG Launcher v60 was launching Kirby's Epic Yarn. How can this be? Please someone explain this to me.
Cause of ur cIOS!! lol
kind of offtopic, but why did you just now reply to post from October last year?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brawllegend said:
I've heard that flashing the Wii's NAND too often (using Bootmii too often) can damage the console and cause a permanent brick. Is this true?
define 'too often' ...while it is true that there is a finite number of times data can be written over flash memory, that number is pretty big: much much greater than the (hopefully) very few times a NAND reflash should be needed....

brawllegend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
say a, hypothetical, 10 times. people that intentionally brick their wii to learn more about it have to restore it somehow. I'd just like to know some ballpark number as to how many times it would work before having to worry.

Hedgehogofchaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having difficulties setting up black ops for my wii from a USB backup loader.

I tried using both the CFG v58 loader (freezes when booting the game) and the USB loader gx v2.1 (loads indefinitely) with no success.

The 002 error is set to anti, I'm not sure what that means but from what I've read it's required for black ops.

Here is a syscheck of my wii:
sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 67891272
Boot2 v2

Found 98 titles.
Found 41 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS5 (rev 514): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2576): ES Identify Flash Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v4
MIOS v8

Report generated on 2011/04/23.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HHoC: CoD:BO needs an IOS base of [57] to launch properly...i imagine you're loaders are loading on 249[56] (as that's the cIOS of choice for most everyone as far as loaders go).... so...within the loader, change the cIOS setting for that game to load on 250 or 224 (which i assume a [57] can be found) and see if that helps....

vincecartercrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the wii backup manager. I'm using FAT32 as the file system on my HDD, so I can't add files larger than 4gb. I added a few backups to it, one of them was below 4gb as an iso and it played fine, but the two others I tried to add were all black and white when I tried to play them, and they were larger than 4gb iso's. I tried using WBFS split style as 4gb and that's what happened, I'm currently trying it with the Auto option. The files are also only about 3.5gb each as WBFS, is that wrong?

Also, it seems to be unable to add GC games to my HDD, do I need a separate software for that? And I've seen the programs like wiigator's for playing gc backups on wii, but I was wondering if there was a simple guide for it anywhere.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you B/W issue is caused by PAL games running on NTSC wii...you need to change region settings in your loaders..... TBH, i have no experience trying to play out-of-region games on the wii, so i don't know much beyond what i just suggested.

there is no >4GB issue...Wii Backup Manager automatically splits the files if >4GB

....GC games must be played via disc, SDGecko or Wode...the WiiGator you reference is the MIOS needed to launch the games with (which simply can't be done via USB at all)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one