Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

BrineBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again.

So, I had a problem where I wasn't able to reinstall HBC after deleting it. Smash Stack or Letterbomb would run, so would the installer, but it would crash when trying to install the HBC itself, so I figured it was the SD card slot that was starting to break (Yes, I have tried multiple SD Cards). When I noticed FlashHax, I figured I could use it to reinstall HBC and fix the problem from there.

It crashed when I started to install the HBC. At this point, I wondering if I kay just have to format my Wii to get it to be moddable again. Before I do so, I would like to ask if anyone might have a solution.

Yes, I'm on v4.3U. The reason I uninstalled HBC is because a MKWii modpack wasn't working and after talking with the pack's creator, one of the suggestions he gave me was to uninstall and reinstall the HBC.

Anybody able to help?

BrineBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, maybe... Try deleting the HBC via WiiMod/AnyTitleDeleter and LetterBomb (if it's there at all), then re-install it.

Sadly, that did not work. If it helps at all, I attached the Exception that shows when the installer crashes
0304182312.jpg

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, that did not work. If it helps at all, I attached the Exception that shows when the installer crashesView attachment 117214

Unfortunately a stack dump isn't useful for the HackMii installer. It's not possible to trace the source of the error as no source code was ever released for it.

A SysCheck report from your current configuration might help, though.

jon_casey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I successfully installed Letterbomb on my 4.3E Wii to give me the Homebrew Channel. I now can't figure out what I need to do to enable me to play Wii and Gamecube backups via USB. Am I looking at simply downloading these USBLoaderGX files "https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/latest" and putting them in the apps folder on the SD card, and that's it?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I successfully installed Letterbomb on my 4.3E Wii to give me the Homebrew Channel. I now can't figure out what I need to do to enable me to play Wii and Gamecube backups via USB. Am I looking at simply downloading these USBLoaderGX files "https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/latest" and putting them in the apps folder on the SD card, and that's it?

You will also need custom IOSes to load Wii games for USB. Also, make sure you put the loader files in a directory on their own. e.g.: "/apps/usbloadergx/boot.dol" etc..

Reactions: jon_casey

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: jon_casey

BrineBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately a stack dump isn't useful for the HackMii installer. It's not possible to trace the source of the error as no source code was ever released for it.

A SysCheck report from your current configuration might help, though.

Just tried that, and SysCheck crashes when it is trying to be loaded through Letterbomb

Specifically it also is a stack dump, so I think I might be modblocked

jon_casey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks that looks easy to do, to update the iOS'.

Once ModMii has updated the iOS', is that and USBLoaderGX all I need in order to play Wii and GC backups via USB hard drive?

Altanic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it deals with modifying Mario Kart Wii files. I can't seem to find any tutorials that demonstrate how to change voice files and CSS images and models. I would like to add the full Crash Bandicoot mod to my game, but I'm not sure how to go about changing anything else other than just the textures that you put into the "My Stuff" folder in the SD. I have SZS Modifier.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Appreciate any help.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it deals with modifying Mario Kart Wii files. I can't seem to find any tutorials that demonstrate how to change voice files and CSS images and models. I would like to add the full Crash Bandicoot mod to my game, but I'm not sure how to go about changing anything else other than just the textures that you put into the "My Stuff" folder in the SD. I have SZS Modifier.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Appreciate any help.

You're in the wrong place. Try searching with your favorite search engine for what you're looking for and add "site:gbatemp.net" to the search. e.g.: "mario kart wii voice site:gbatemp.net"

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here! :D
I read somewhere that you should not connect your Wii to internet after softmodding it.
True or not?

It should be fine. There have been no updates to the system menu in a few years. It depends on what you installed, though, for getting update prompts. Patched IOSes can trigger it but you can always decline the update.

lmbranco

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you! I was fearing that something went wrong, I did it so long ago, that I'm pretty sure It was still a very green process and I got some steps wrong. I will try your approach and share my experience after. Cheers!
Little heads up, after using modmii to fix my system, i can finally play my backed up games. Yupii!! Thanks guys! Now i'll try to make it a bit more straightforward so that my 7 year old girl can start the games herself. Cheers!!!

Reactions: XFlak

BrineBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here! :D
I read somewhere that you should not connect your Wii to internet after softmodding it.
True or not?

Completely untrue. The official game servers are mostly gone (I say mostly because there are a few games that didn't use Nintendo's servers), and the Wii Shop Channel is closing down next year. If you still want to play games online, you can use wiimmfi.

Elgur85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Completely untrue. The official game servers are mostly gone (I say mostly because there are a few games that didn't use Nintendo's servers), and the Wii Shop Channel is closing down next year. If you still want to play games online, you can use wiimmfi.

Thank you! I connected to Wifi and got a message about an update, denied it. Not I can finally download covers. :D

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Is there any Wii Homebrew that tricks the Wii into thinking one type of controller is another? For instance, make the Wii believe a Classic Controller is a Wiimote to play Mega Man 9/10 and the same for using a Classic or Gamecube controller instead of the Guitar peripheral in Guitar Hero 3 (the way it controls on PS2 usin a DS2 instead of the guitar).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o