Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Joe_B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt anyone will go through an old obsolete guide to determine what it does differently versus ModMii, especially when you didn't link to it.

You can run a Syscheck and report the results here, or you can load your syscheck log using ModMii and it will analyze it and tell you what changes would need to be made for it to conform to a standard ModMii style installation

Hello, thanks for fast answer.

Sorry about this, noobs are not allowed to link... The guide is the basic, manual HBC > Priiloader/Bootmii > d2x, then Nintendont / Loader GX... Everything I installed seems updated to the latest.

I mean, I can play GameCube backups, Wii backups, and the old emulators seem to be working fine. I was just wondering what was the point of going through the hassle of re-modding to the latest thing. And also if I should change Loader GX for Configurable USB Loader, which appears to be better, but I still don't know for what reason.

I'll probably do a syscheck and analyze it with ModMii like you said, when I have a little bit of spare time, and see what comes out of it. Thank you for your advice :)

In the meantime, if anyone can tell me the differences between Loader GX and Configurable Loader, and why I should stick with GX or change for Configurable, or maybe even suggest another better one that I don't know about, this would be great.

Thanks!

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

With the Configurable Loader v70 loader, it can play Wii games from an SD, compared to USB LOADER GX.

After you see which one seems the best loader.

It's like tastes and colors, everyone's preference.:D:yaywii:

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: cvskid

Drbelly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Complete noob here so be gentle with me ;-)

I have a problem with my wii console. I've had it for possibly 15 years or so and it was working fine until a few months ago. Someone installed the homebrew channel on the machine for me a few years ago. Now when I try to turn the wii on I get an initial boot screen with 4 blue icon/options (Wi, The Homebrew Channel, SD and Settings). This is only visible for about 2 seconds then I get a completely black screen and can't do anything with it. The controllers won't link to the console at all either. I'm at a loss to know what to do to try to fix things, or even if it can be fixed.

After doing some reading I've read that this could be a bluetooth module failure so I've ordered one to replace it to see if this fixes it. I don't have access to a Savemii dongle.

Just wondered if this is a common scenario and if anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

Joe_B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt anyone will go through an old obsolete guide to determine what it does differently versus ModMii, especially when you didn't link to it.

You can run a Syscheck and report the results here, or you can load your syscheck log using ModMii and it will analyze it and tell you what changes would need to be made for it to conform to a standard ModMii style installation
Hello, thanks for fast answer.

Sorry about this, noobs are not allowed to link... The guide is the basic, manual HBC > Priiloader/Bootmii > d2x, then Nintendont / Loader GX... Everything I installed seems updated to the latest.

I mean, I can play GameCube backups, Wii backups, and the old emulators seem to be working fine. I was just wondering what was the point of going through the hassle of re-modding to the latest thing. And also if I should change Loader GX for Configurable USB Loader, which appears to be better, but I still don't know for what reason.

I'll probably do a syscheck and analyze it with ModMii like you said, when I have a little bit of spare time, and see what comes out of it. Thank you for your advice :)

In the meantime, if anyone can tell me the differences between Loader GX and Configurable Loader, and why I should stick with GX or change for Configurable, or maybe even suggest another better one that I don't know about, this would be great.

Thanks!

Finally, I ran the syscheck and had it analyzed by ModMii, and I ended up re-modding my Wii with your instructions...

What I have to say is simply WOW! Awesome stuff there... Thank you so much!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

It may not be 100% noob-friendly, but I had the very basic base and I found it very well made and very easy to use/follow. I would say someone starting from absolute-zero might be a little lost, but I was starting from, let's say, 10% experience and I really liked the software and the generated guides. Had to Google a few things, but I found my way pretty fast with the few stuff I already knew.

I would say the main thing I was really, really not sure about and that I found was not clear, is if I had to do all the instructions in the generated guide from the complete start, because my Wii was already minimally modded, and the instructions generated had lots of stuff I had already done (mostly everything except the letterbomb part)... But I ended up doing all the instructions from the start, even the ones I had already done in my previous mod, and so far everything seems to work like a charm.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One other thing I would like to learn now, if someone can point me in the right direction, is how to put the HBC apps that don't have a pre-made channel forwarder into the Wii channel menu... The USB loaders and main emulators, like NES and SNES, already have channel forwarders that can easily be found on the net. But some emulators which are in my HBC, I would really like to put them as a channel in my Wii menu.

Last edited by Joe_B,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
One of the final notes in your modmii guide will have a link to my top channels. You can use that. Alternatively you can use modmii's advanced downloads to build a forwarder dol (I. E. A shortcut to an app on sd card) then inject it into a channel/wad using customize mii. Customize mii (also available for download on modmii Classic's download page 2) will also allow you to edit images in channels, or mix and match different things from various other channels to customize one to your liking. It's not necessarily an easy thing to do, so I would check out my channels first. And at the bottom of my top channels post I shared links to some other very popular channels done by others.

Monsterbeats19

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone im kind of new to this wii modding but know alot about xbox 360 modding i recently modded my wii with this tutorial
I completed it all and found it quite easy maybe to easy if you ask me i got all my homebrew sorted like homebrew channel and usb loader gx and started to sort some games out like isos and wbfs games but i got about 3 of the 15 games working the rest either dont load and freeze the wii or give me a dsi error thats comes up on the screen and i have to hard reset by plugging the power out some games show the title and game covers and have audio but crash when loading them anyone got any ideas on how to fix this would be much appriciated

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone im kind of new to this wii modding but know alot about xbox 360 modding i recently modded my wii with this tutorial
I completed it all and found it quite easy maybe to easy if you ask me i got all my homebrew sorted like homebrew channel and usb loader gx and started to sort some games out like isos and wbfs games but i got about 3 of the 15 games working the rest either dont load and freeze the wii or give me a dsi error thats comes up on the screen and i have to hard reset by plugging the power out some games show the title and game covers and have audio but crash when loading them anyone got any ideas on how to fix this would be much appriciated

Are you using a flash drive?

Joe_B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the final notes in your modmii guide will have a link to my top channels. You can use that. Alternatively you can use modmii's advanced downloads to build a forwarder dol (I. E. A shortcut to an app on sd card) then inject it into a channel/wad using customize mii. Customize mii (also available for download on modmii Classic's download page 2) will also allow you to edit images in channels, or mix and match different things from various other channels to customize one to your liking. It's not necessarily an easy thing to do, so I would check out my channels first. And at the bottom of my top channels post I shared links to some other very popular channels done by others.
I checked your top channel and there seems to be a lot of stuff that I will find useful... Many forwarders and useful links.

Thank you for helping a noob :rolleyes:

Reactions: scooby74029

Owlbound

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, I'm a noob and I need some directions, here is what happened:

I bought a modded wii, it's 4.3U Wan and I'm trying to play gamecube games via Nintendont, the thing is that the thread in this very page concerning Nintendont says that I need the following:

- The official unpatched IOS58.
- The Homebrew Channel v1.0.7 or newer, running on IOS58.

I have a 1.0.6 HBC running on IOS61 v22.29 and when trying to update HBC it shows:

This installer can NOT continue!

There is no usable or vulnerable IOS installed in this Wii.
Please note that we will not use fakesigned IOSes due to security reasons. Only unpatched versions will be used!

Read the FAQ at: (CENSORED FOR POST)
Look for an updated version at (CENSORED FOR POST)

If this is already the latest version...well,suck it.

My SysCheck shows this (it's the spanish version btw):

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition por JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, y Nano
...ejecutado en IOS36 (rev 3607).

Region: NTSC-U
Menu de Sistema 4.3U (v513)

No se ha podido detectar la fecha de la unidad!
Canal Homebrew 1.0.1 ejecutandose en IOS61

Hollywood v0x11
ID de consola: 63551623
Tipo de consola: Wii
Pais del Canal Tienda: Chile (20)
Boot2 v4
165 titulos encontrados.
Se encontraron 39 IOS en esta consola. 9 de ellos son stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 525): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS13 (rev 1031): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS14 (rev 1031): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS15 (rev 1031): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1031): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1038): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS22 (rev 1293): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS28 (rev 1806): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3607): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS33 (rev 3607): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS34 (rev 3607): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS35 (rev 3607): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS36 (rev 3607): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS37 (rev 5662): Bug Trucha
IOS38 (rev 4123): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5662): Bug Trucha
IOS55 (rev 5406): Bug Trucha
IOS56 (rev 5661): Bug Trucha
IOS57 (rev 5918): Bug Trucha
IOS58 (rev 6175): Bug Trucha, USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5661): Bug Trucha
IOS70 (rev 6687): Bug Trucha
IOS80 (rev 6943): Bug Trucha
IOS202[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 19): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Reporte generado el 18/12/2018.

It says that my HBC is 1.0.1 instead of 1.0.6...this confuses me.

I've read that using NUS Downloader to replace all bug trucha IOS via WadManager with it's proper version is a good idea, but I'm not sure if that will help in playing Nintendont.

So, in a nutshell, I need to upgrade to HBC 1.0.7, but it won't update via HBC-menu and I don't have the official unpatched IOS58, just the bug trucha one.

Please, any thoughts will be appreciated.

Last edited by Owlbound,

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii has been modded for several years. I updated everything. With Gamecube added to my unit, I checked out what else is on the wii to setup. I clicked on wii shop (never done it since I bought the unit new many years ago). It wants to do an update (4.3u I am). Is it safe or do I need to do a patch?

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
My wii has been modded for several years. I updated everything. With Gamecube added to my unit, I checked out what else is on the wii to setup. I clicked on wii shop (never done it since I bought the unit new many years ago). It wants to do an update (4.3u I am). Is it safe or do I need to do a patch?
just get modmii from sticky run wizard and use the virgin wii mode then follow guide exactly no matter if u have done it before and everything should work great

Reactions: XFlak

arsenelupin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, it's me again. It's not a hacking problem per se I think. I have two wiis and two wiimotes. But the wiimotes refuse to turn it on. The batteries are new. I put different ones with no luck. Sometimes they flash, I sync with the Wii, but they show low battery and turn it off again. I reset the sync of both wiis by pressing the console red button for 30 seconds and tried to resync the controllers with no luck again. I had a third wiimote with the same problem. With this third I thought it was a battery connection issue, took the coil of the battery off and basically broke it. With these two I didn't even touch because I'm naive and don't have the skill. I checked the sensor bars using a camera (Nintendo site tip) and they work fine. Don't know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated. Ty.

Joe_B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

I want to use ModMii on my friend's Wii. Will the savegames on the Wii and the Wii settings remain the same or do I have to backup the savegames somewhere else, then do ModMii, then re-transfer the savegames on the Wii?

Cheers :)

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I want to use ModMii on my friend's Wii. Will the savegames on the Wii and the Wii settings remain the same or do I have to backup the savegames somewhere else, then do ModMii, then re-transfer the savegames on the Wii?

Cheers :)
modmii will not do anything to those files while modding so you are fine to use it after modding find savegame manager gx for save files also most loaders use an emulated file system for wii flash but
again you are good to go !!!!!

Reactions: Joe_B and XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1