• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Not a good month for Ohio.

trepp0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Earlier this month a train carrying several tons of toxic chemicals derailed in the city of east palestine, igniting them and releasing toxic fumes into the air, water, and food supply. Many residents who lived there reported a burning sensation when they walked outside as well as an irritated throat. One reddit user even posted a video of their coffee SIZZLING when they poured the milk in, showing the polluted water supply. Hundreds of pictures have appeared on the internet of dead fish in rivers, dead livestock, etc. If you thought it couldn’t get worse, you would be way wrong. Reporters who have tried to enter the area have been met with detainment from police. The company who ran the train had recently done budget cuts including cutting the rail maintenance, meaning that yet again a company put profits over peoples safety. The officials in Ohio have put out an evacuation order, the residents not knowing if/when they will be allowed to return have had to abandon their houses and livelyhoods. The same rail company (worth 10s of billions of dollars) offered a measly 25000 dollars for the residents, 5 DOLLARS PER PERSON. Not even enough to afford a foot long at subway.

Oh, but there is more. Just this morning a factory producing metals exploded this morning spewing molten metal all over the city, killing one person And injuring 13, and yet again polluting the air, water, and food supply. "We will work alongside investigators in their search for answers as part of our commitment to Northeast Ohio, where we have been operating for more than 100 years," I. Schumann and Co. said in a address to the press.

With this i ask, what the hell is happening in Ohio?

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
scientists are calling it the worst ecological event in the history of america

I could care less about what scientists think, especially modern idoits ones. I think Exxon Valdez and Deep Water Horizon have something to say about these baseless scientific claims. Scientists also claim hurricanes every year are the "worse" ones yet, but they fail in comparison to some previous ones that were actually deadly and destroyed property. Needless to say, these "sky is falling" types don't hold much weight.

trepp0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I could care less about what scientists think, especially modern idoits ones. I think Exxon Valdez and Deep Water Horizon have something to say about these baseless scientific claims. Scientists also claim hurricanes every year are the "worse" ones yet, but they fail in comparison to some previous ones that were actually deadly and destroyed property. Needless to say, these "sky is falling" types don't hold much weight.
I’ll take your opinion on it when you show me your masters in biology

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Scientists also claim hurricanes every year are the "worse" ones yet, but they fail in comparison to some previous ones that were actually deadly and destroyed property.
Overall frequency of them however has been going up with time. In the 70s. The average was about 1.6 for category 3-5.
In 200-2010 that's now 3.1-3.8, and still increasing to this day.

So factually speaking, yes it is worse. Hurricane season is statisically more dangerous that it was back in the 70s.
We're getting faster more dangerous hurricanes more frequently.

You failing to understanding science is not an argument against it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...