Homebrew Question [Not a Release] About Retroarch's Dolphin Core...

cagycee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, all these ports I'm seeing on the switch. Is there any possible way for this core to transferred in any type of way in Retroarch. Now I'm know I'm going a little overboard when we don't even have a Nintendo 64 emulator running (other than the one Lakka.tv Port on the Switch uses). I'm no expert when it comes to cores, emulators, and porting. What I can say is, Retroarch's Dolphin emulator can run through Windows and Linux. Lakka.tv's Nintendo Switch port is linux (if i'm not mistaken) so does anyone think its a possible chance that Lakka.Tv testing out the Dolphin's core since it uses Retroarch's components. No one really talks about this and we all would like to know.

(June 29, 2017) Libretro's Dolphin Emulator (Alpha) Release: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/new-core-dolphin-windowslinux-alpha-release/

UPDATE!!

There has been a bounty created if you want to contribute to this. It would also be very appreciative if you can get more developers to look into this to update Libretro's Dolphin Core to Arm64. More information is being held at the bounty: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/58967981-bounty-update-dolphin-core-and-port-it-to-arm64

Last edited by cagycee,
Reactions: Fadi5555

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
In Lakka/Linux, yes. But on Horizon OS, practically impossible, and even if it was, it would be slow as hell (at least without JIT/GPU acceleration to be honest).
Nintendo 64 would still be a bit slow on Horizon but it would run definitely better than a Dolphin core ported to that type of environment.

Kevoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Lakka/Linux, yes. But on Horizon OS, practically impossible, and even if it was, it would be slow as hell (at least without JIT/GPU acceleration to be honest).
Nintendo 64 would still be a bit slow on Horizon but it would run definitely better than a Dolphin core ported to that type of environment.
Totally incorrect.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
n64 requires the RSP + RCP emulation. The RDP is custom as well (you can try sorting triangles but never implementing today 3d card functions directly, this requires several "layers" of tricks and by no means an easy task todo).

Also, the N64 is hard to emulate because of the timing, and how games were made around such timings as workaround.

Last edited by Coto,

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What happens to my money if nobody does the job?

I don't... actually know ? You can put a timeout to your bounty so that it's refunded if the issue is not claimed until then

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Agreed. More people to see it, more to contribute.

I don't know if it's right and allowed here

cagycee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been years since I did any type of coding. If I were to get back into it, I'd see this taking a year since I'm not too experience with emulation.

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm afraid it will not get much exposure here... Potential devs will not see it..

Enviado do meu Mi MIX 2 através do Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson