SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have been testing this build and it works perfectly for me, nice updates!
@ SaulFabre is it wise to change to this version or is it better to wait for an official release?
there's no official updated builds of Wii64 for now so you'll want to use my builds for now.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Something I've only just realised.

Duke Nukem Zero Hour has three graphics modes. Normal/Medium/High. It defaults to High, however, the first two work on Not64.

In general any interlaced mode in any N64 should be set to off if possible since it's always rendering at 480 anyways, interlaced merely breaks the graphics.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it defaults to High? Probably because it detects an expansion pak.

Any way to make it default to Low or Medium? I wonder what it would take to make a special build of Not64 that disables the expansion pak, then I would use it for only this game. (I mod Wiis that other people use so I always I try to achieve maximum accessibility)

Reactions: SaulFabre

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Any way to make it default to Low or Medium? I wonder what it would take to make a special build of Not64 that disables the expansion pak, then I would use it for only this game. (I mod Wiis that other people use so I always I try to achieve maximum accessibility)
Yes, that's the problem. The two other modes don't use the expansion pak.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone use (original) n64 controllers with not64 or wii64 (or wii64 rice) in any way? I am using the emulators on the Wii U, but bloopair doesn't work (obviously), so the nso n64 controllers are useless. I know about the raphnet adapters, but they are quite expensive including shipping and import taxes (I want to connect 4 players..) and I will have to buy some n64 controllers somewhere as well.

I have read about blueretro, will this work for 4 n64 nso controllers connected at the same time with 2 of these boxes? Or will this give me issues (because there will be 2 boxes connected at the same time)?

I have also read about retro rosetta, but these are quite expensive as well for using 4 controllers, including import taxes and VAT.

I am just hoping there is a good solution to use these n64 controllers on the Wii (u) without spending way too much money...

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
In general any interlaced mode in any N64 should be set to off if possible since it's always rendering at 480 anyways, interlaced merely breaks the graphics.
Yes, that's the problem. The two other modes don't use the expansion pak.

I think I found the cause.

Wii64/Not64 currently doesn't have any piece of code for adapt the graphics if detects we're using or the actual game we're playing uses Interlaced mode.

As far as i know, only Mupen64GC-FIX94 has a little piece of code for unbreak games which had Interlaced video mode...

I will add that piece of code on Wii64/Not64 and send PRs later.
Post automatically merged:

I want to run not64 on dolphin, but only get a black screen. Has someone got that working?
Me.
On Dolphin, use these settings:
  • Turn on MMU emulation
  • Enable Insert SD Card and Allow Writing to SD Card
  • Set Audio to LLE (Low Level Emulation)
Don't forget that you need to put all Not64 files in the sd.raw file (in /Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/) and boot Not64 using a forwarder WAD.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone use (original) n64 controllers with not64 or wii64 (or wii64 rice) in any way? I am using the emulators on the Wii U, but bloopair doesn't work (obviously), so the nso n64 controllers are useless. I know about the raphnet adapters, but they are quite expensive including shipping and import taxes (I want to connect 4 players..) and I will have to buy some n64 controllers somewhere as well.

I have read about blueretro, will this work for 4 n64 nso controllers connected at the same time with 2 of these boxes? Or will this give me issues (because there will be 2 boxes connected at the same time)?

I have also read about retro rosetta, but these are quite expensive as well for using 4 controllers, including import taxes and VAT.

I am just hoping there is a good solution to use these n64 controllers on the Wii (u) without spending way too much money...

Late to reply but Not64 has compatibility with actual, original N64 controllers. I haven't verified this myself but Extrems himself who added the feature said it works, even with N64 peripherals. The catch is in order to make this work you have to actually make the adapter yourself, a passive adapter cable for N64 to Gamecube doesn't currently exist as a commercial product. There's been a couple of people who have made such adapters and it's a relatively straightforward process if you're not shy about cutting up a controller cable or at least an adapter cable to make one. The pinouts for both the Gamecube and the N64 are readily available on the internet and I'm guessing the only reason this works to begin with is because the Gamecube and N64 use the exact same serial bus, albeit with the Gamecube obviously adding more lines for power and vibration.

No idea if Wii64 Rice has such a feature but I doubt it.

Reactions: Garcimak and L0w

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't look at multiplayer. If you want to do multiplayer, it'd be better to use the modern PC port.

Thanks. If the modern pc port would be available for the Wii U... it would be so great!! I don't have such a "great" pc.
Will try multiplayer later this week 😎
Post automatically merged:

Late to reply but Not64 has compatibility with actual, original N64 controllers. I haven't verified this myself but Extrems himself who added the feature said it works, even with N64 peripherals. The catch is in order to make this work you have to actually make the adapter yourself, a passive adapter cable for N64 to Gamecube doesn't currently exist as a commercial product. There's been a couple of people who have made such adapters and it's a relatively straightforward process if you're not shy about cutting up a controller cable or at least an adapter cable to make one. The pinouts for both the Gamecube and the N64 are readily available on the internet and I'm guessing the only reason this works to begin with is because the Gamecube and N64 use the exact same serial bus, albeit with the Gamecube obviously adding more lines for power and vibration.

No idea if Wii64 Rice has such a feature but I doubt it.

Thank you for your answer! Will check this out (on youtube I think). Although I think the gamecube controllers are not much of use for me, as I am playing on a Wii U. I do own the mayflash adapters, so this might do the trick, will need to think things over I guess. I am not familair with cutting cables, so will need to do some homework first..

Last edited by L0w,
Reactions: Disorarara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!