Homebrew Not64 Update

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My quick test:
  • Perfect Dark: wii64 Rice and Glide both freeze at the end of a mission, overall emulation is similar although Rice doesn't have loading hiccups when navigating the in-game menu.
  • Killer Instinct Gold: wii64 Glide perform better doesn't have messed up skybox like Rice, also when using Rice I got DSI error when returning to the wii64 main menu.
  • GoldenEye: performs better on wii64 Rice
  • WarGods: performs better on wii64 Rice, it doesn't have the black frame flickering, although mupen64gc-r2 is the best for this game, it display graphics without any corruption.
:P

Last edited by cucholix,

GeeBeeYaY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About Adventure Two mode on Diddy Kong Racing:
We can finally see the mirrored race tracks! BUUT...
The graphics are all jumbled up and the steering controls become Inverted. :mellow:

Another test:
South Park Rally works in rice, but the game goes waaay too fast.

Last edited by GeeBeeYaY,

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
.zip support is currently not implemented
In advanced menu (screenshots) you get a DSI exception when loading a second consecutive rom

In basic menu (list) the roms are arranged in order they were copied to the SD or USB.

Also, in list mode you cannot cycle the last and first page.

Imho a simple list that has the roms in alphabetical order and cycles (like Not64) is faster to use. Also SD scanning should be able to be toggled off after the initial scan

Last edited by nakata6790,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
.zip support is currently not implemented
In advanced menu (screenshots) you get a DSI exception when loading a second consecutive rom

In basic menu (list) the roms are arranged in order they were copied to the SD or USB.

Also, in list mode you cannot cycle the last and first page.

Imho a simple list that has the roms in alphabetical order and cycles (like Not64) is faster to use. Also SD scanning should be able to be toggled off after the initial scan
i dont get any dsi error maybe your sd card or dol is messed up? heck yesterday both in picture and basic mode i loaded back to back 30 roms and no error.

also rooms are alphabetic ordered to me and not by sd card copy date, theres is defintely something off on your end.

Last edited by pedro702,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can someone confirm me if Castlevania 64 is working on GDL/Rice?
It gives blackscreen to me :/
thats why you have a compatibility list ... it does no work on dynarec only intrepreter, wich runs very slow, the only way to play both castlevania games is if you have a wiiu you do wii vc injection since both of those games run preety well on there also compatibility list is here
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thats why you have a compatibility list ... it does no work on dynarec only intrepreter, wich runs very slow, the only way to play both castlevania games is if you have a wiiu you do wii vc injection since both of those games run preety well on there also compatibility list is here
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List
Hmmm... Most of the games on that CL were tested on older builds of mupen64gc, that is why I was asking...

abdezca

Trophies
Between the south of Texas and north of Tamaulipas
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys,

I noticed a lot of activity on the N64 emulation, so what I gather from emukidid is that he started doing development again? or passed the baton to Fix94? and the 1.2 build is on development from 2012 to 2017 plus all the add ons of NOT64? Am I correct? If so where can I download the latest build? I also noticed that there are 2 builds? one with rice and another with Glide?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does turok 1-2 run any better(hasnt been updated on the list) and no i dont have my wii with me so i cant test or i would. just curious. glad to see some updates

edit: oh and does goldeneye multiplayer work with rice? i remember it having graphic glitches that made it unplayable(i cant remember what caused that anymore, been a while since ive looked it up)

Last edited by seam,

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
does turok 1-2 run any better(hasnt been updated on the list) and no i dont have my wii with me so i cant test or i would. just curious. glad to see some updates

edit: oh and does goldeneye multiplayer work with rice? i remember it having graphic glitches that made it unplayable(i cant remember what caused that anymore, been a while since ive looked it up)

Turok 1 runs good. I haven't seen Turok 2 yet.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just hope it can run on the vWii overclocked someday.
why dont you just use them on wii vc inject? they run perfectly and its wiiu mode so you already have gamepad and wiiupro and CC all working and wiiu speed and its actualy hd instead of 480p xD.

Hi guys,

I noticed a lot of activity on the N64 emulation, so what I gather from emukidid is that he started doing development again? or passed the baton to Fix94? and the 1.2 build is on development from 2012 to 2017 plus all the add ons of NOT64? Am I correct? If so where can I download the latest build? I also noticed that there are 2 builds? one with rice and another with Glide?
yes you are correct on everything here is the link

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...homebrew-support.483577/page-239#post-7700990

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont you just use them on wii vc inject? they run perfectly and its wiiu mode so you already have gamepad and wiiupro and CC all working and wiiu speed and its actualy hd instead of 480p xD.

yes you are correct on everything here is the link

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...homebrew-support.483577/page-239#post-7700990

I've been out of the loop, and I don't think I can simply place the app on the SD card and then load up the Wii64 forwarder channel, no?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been out of the loop, and I don't think I can simply place the app on the SD card and then load up the Wii64 forwarder channel, no?
hmm? to run wii 64 1.2 you just nstall a fowarder you can ask ploggy for one xD and then that is it since you dont need any special thing you just need the normal wii app strutcture on sd card like always.

for wii vc inject you eiher use it extracted on loadiine or just repak it with wup installer and install it , i have both castlevania and alot more games that dont owkr correctly on wii64 installed on my wiiu as injetcs

So far injects that work perfetly that dont on wii 64 1.2 are
castlevania
castlevania 2 LOD
papperboy 64
bomberman 64
bomberman 64 second attack
duke nukem 64

atleast this are the ones so far that run perfectly on wiivc inject but dont run perfect or at all on wii64 1.2 im still at letter d of testing :P

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm? to run wii 64 1.2 you just nstall a fowarder you can ask ploggy for one xD and then that is it since you dont need any special thing you just need the normal wii app strutcture on sd card like always.

for wii vc inject you eiher use it extracted on loadiine or just repak it with wup installer and install it , i have both castlevania and alot more games that dont owkr correctly on wii64 installed on my wiiu as injetcs

So far injects that work perfetly that dont on wii 64 1.2 are
castlevania
castlevania 2 LOD
papperboy 64
bomberman 64
bomberman 64 second attack
duke nukem 64

atleast this are the ones so far that run perfectly on wiivc inject but dont run perfect or at all on wii64 1.2 im still at letter d of testing :P

*Sigh* Yeah, perhaps I should ask @ploggy for a forwarder, been kinda crazy here lately, lot going on. Already have that old Not64 installer on NAND, maybe I should delete it?

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share