Hacking Nothing I put on my AK2i is working.

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put on AKAIO and that works "fine" but the games and skin that I put on my SD aren't working. One game worked for a couple of minutes with no sound, then froze. Since then nothing that I put on my SD will work. Icons still come up, but it's just a pic of a DS representing the game file. When I try to play a game the screen usually turns white after the loading screen and then nothing. I also downloaded a skin from acekard and put it in the UI file just like I was told and it shows up on my list, but when I try to use it when my DS restarts it goes back to the default skin.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you :D

W

wii-dog

all bricks please dont come here you might brick others with your brick cart for you i have whole collection of ds games get new cart then get new pc and then order from boss of gba temp then you will be fixed from problems see your a rom leech and leeches get bricked---------------------------------------------------sorry game over are get a other cart and fix brick from new acekard2i

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Try backing up your sd card and reformat with [ft]Panasonic SD Formatter [/ft], then put a 'fresh' copy of akaio on sd card and see if that works..

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't work :(

I've been using a game to see if I'm doing stuff right is there something that might be simpler like testing a skin? Or is the game a great example?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this reads more like a contact issue to me.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

it could be a microsd issue but unless you can try a 2nd msd card you should assume its the popular contact issue.

-another world

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the Contact Issues Wiki, what does it mean when the loading screen is yellow but still won't load or freezes on a white page?

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If things on my SD still show up and my AK loads to the main menu are you sure it could be a contact issue?
AND
This might be a biggie, but I just put AKAIO on my card and not the other stuff that the wiki said for set up and other things (I just did the quick setup). All I wanted to do was test it out with some homebrew n games. Do I HAVE to do everything on the wiki for games n stuff to work?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I've tried MAIO and when I try to use the features it says "An error was detected while trying to access the disk or a file. Please confirm the following: Was ROM file of correct DLDI started? Please reformat and try again. Please try with a different media from another manufacturer.

Does that mean contact issue?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
one of my acekards is detected fine, akaio boots fine, but when i run software i get black screens. its a contact issue that some how developed after 6 months of homebrew beta testing. to answer your question, yes it is possible that everything boots but you get freezing on games. now, how can i be sure its a contact issue? because that msd card went on to beta test hundreds of more files and complete 2 gbatemp reviews without a single issue or a reformat. also, applying a thin slice of magazine paper fixed the issue of that other ak2i.

to get akaio set up just do the following:
1. format your msd card with the panasonic formatter
2. put a fresh copy (as in you just downloaded it) of akaio in the msd card root.
...this means the _aio directory and the akmenu4.nds file go in the very 1st directory of the msd card
3. put on 1 homebrew or 1 rom and run a test

it is possible that you need to reallocate the partitions of your msd card. if formatting doesn't fix your problem then you may want to try gparted live. install and run the usb edition from a flash drive and then use the tools to format partition and format your msd card.

-another world

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I slid in an only once folded piece of paper to test contact issue and well, I didn't know that I even had a spring haha! But I still get that same message.

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read what you said n got scared, but on the bright side, my pin works now :D
A friend has an mSD in his phone can I just put MAIO or AKAIO on that and try to check for contact issue n stuff?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
get his card and format it using the panasonic formatter. then put akaio 1.8.8 on there and 1 rom to test with. if it works turn off the ds and try swapping in your msd without removing the acekard. by not removing you take out some of the contact issue factor, tho you could still move it around when inserting the msd card.

if his card has the same problems with the same games then the issue is probably related to the 2i. all real acekard products have a 1 yr warranty. you should be able to get it exchanged without much of a hassle.

-another world

Smidthmador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried his card and it was incredibly slow! and it didn't work either. Guess I'll have to send it back to the peeps I bought it from :(

Can you think of a simple test rom or should I just like any game?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
his microsd card is slow? then that issue is with the msd card and not the acekard. even on a slow msd card you will be able to boot and run games, if you can not then the issue is probably with the acekard.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1