Hacking Now that theres IOSUHAX - can my USB drive be swapped between my WiiU's?

Would a Sharable Wii-U USB Drive be of any use?

• Yes, I'd like to be able to move my USB Drive to another Wii U

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • No, this would be a useless feature.

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about the /dev/fsa stuff, that's because all that is on the Wii U itself. You hit the nail on the head when you said the calls were read/write etc: all the encryption is handled by the backend and not by homebrew; we just get to read and write the already-decrypted and interpreted content. It's literally "find this file"; no "decrypt the device, now loop through the filesystem table, now off I go to interpret that..."

Because of this, there's not much understanding of what actually happens behind the scenes, and certainly not much on the filesystem (ISFS/ESFS) itself. Somebody would have to reverse-engineer the IOSU's firmware to figure out what it actually does to find the files we ask for. While not impossible, ARM assembly is no PowerPC and reading that stuff is headache-inducing. Good luck convincing anyone, especially with libfat on the way (removing the need for homebrew to use ISFS/ESFS at all).
I know a bit of ARM assembly. It's not TOO much different from x86 assembly so, I MIGHT be able to try to reverse engineer SOMETHING that only might be useful to one or two people. But hell, if I do reverse engineer something, we are that much closer to reverse engineering the IOSU's firmware. (P.S. I just got the reference between IOS and IOSU LOL)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know a bit of ARM assembly. It's not TOO much different from x86 assembly so, I MIGHT be able to try to reverse engineer SOMETHING that only might be useful to one or two people. But hell, if I do reverse engineer something, we are that much closer to reverse engineering the IOSU's firmware. (P.S. I just got the reference between IOS and IOSU LOL)
There's an IDA database posted on another forum that should help you immensely; not sure about their linking policy so I'll leave it up to you to find it. Feel free to stop by on IRC ;)

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an IDA database posted on another forum that should help you immensely; not sure about their linking policy so I'll leave it up to you to find it. Feel free to stop by on IRC ;)
I'm on the IRC now lol

EDIT: Could you possibly give the name of the forum at the least? All I can find is IDA PRO

Last edited by bennyman123abc,
Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong