ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 741,866
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I assumed that’s just how it worked but wasn’t sure so thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to make sure it was working as intended. I could try it on my SSD but see no need to really. I have my source files on one drive and am having the process completed on a different drive. I know it’s not a lack of processing power on my end. It could be that I’m using some 5400RPM storage drives though as source and another as destination. Either way the process still completes in a timely manner. The other stuff will come whenever it’s ready.

Can’t wait to try em all out this weekend. This is very convenient for those of us who prefer USB loading because of SX OS. I was considering buying a 400gb SD card but after seeing this thread was very happy and read the whole thing.
I know people using the micro SSD from AliExpress that comes with USB connection with good results on the switch. They stick the SSD on the back since is small in size and weight.
For the other thing I mean I recommend testing other buffer sizes 32kb, for example. It may be faster on your disk with a smaller buffer.

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people using the micro SSD from AliExpress that comes with USB connection with good results on the switch. They stick the SSD on the back since is small in size and weight.
For the other thing I mean I recommend testing other buffer sizes 32kb, for example. It may be faster on your disk with a smaller buffer.

I might play with different buffer sizes for fun. Realistically though it may just stabilize the progress on the meter and data write speed and not make an actual difference in overall performance. Instead of ranging from 30-170mb/sec might just get straight 80 a sec or etc with no fluctuations.

I don’t have an issue with it’s actual time to complete the job at all just noticed it fluctuates quite a bit. I think the Smash Brothers XCI it generated at the end took roughly 6-8 minutes and around 10-12 minutes from start to finish for the entire job. It had base XCI, update NSP and 5-6 DLC NSPs.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll probably toy with it when I get bored.

Since I’m bored at work I’m gonna browse AliExpress and see what other types of neat things they’ve got now. I usually get my Chinese goods from gearbest or fasttech.

Last edited by acphydro,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested in a windows 7 virtual machine and had your same issue. I built the version from windows 7 32bits and got it fixed.
You can try again with this one:
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/tag/v0.80-b

I finished making all of my multi XCIs today. Will get to testing some probably tomorrow.

I did have an issue that popped up for a few games but it’s possible that I had bad files. When I was processing South Park The Fractured But Whole with its latest update and all DLC packs it threw out an error saying it couldn’t find or open the file. It was showing an extra \ after my drive letter. F:\\ instead of F:\. I tried it a few times but it would fail on the same files. That being said I don’t know if it processed the original then tried to process the improper path or if it just didn’t accept the original path correctly and skipped the entire file. I guess the best way to know is to load the game and see if said DLC is there or not. So what I’m wondering is if there are any folder structure or file name restrictions for input. Like a character limit in file names or no special characters or etc. If not I’ll assume I just had a few bad files if they don’t show up in the game.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to have the program add in the titleid of the game to the name of the output file similar to how it adds [multi] or etc. There is another program out there that makes it semi easy to do that but it would be easier if it were all in one. I’m assuming the titleid is contained in the game files somewhere and could be extracted and used in the file generation name but I don’t know for sure. It would be nice if it were possible for it to do this but I don’t know how hard it would be to implement.

All in all a good experience. I processed somewhere around 40 titles and only had issues with DLC from a few games regarding the extra \ I mentioned previously.

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@JRoad Have you considered to integrate a "tool" to check the updates (for NSC_Builder, not the games)? It looks like there's no way today to check the updates, besides going manually here or on Github. Thanks!

Reactions: klear

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I finished making all of my multi XCIs today. Will get to testing some probably tomorrow.

I did have an issue that popped up for a few games but it’s possible that I had bad files. When I was processing South Park The Fractured But Whole with its latest update and all DLC packs it threw out an error saying it couldn’t find or open the file. It was showing an extra \ after my drive letter. F:\\ instead of F:\. I tried it a few times but it would fail on the same files. That being said I don’t know if it processed the original then tried to process the improper path or if it just didn’t accept the original path correctly and skipped the entire file. I guess the best way to know is to load the game and see if said DLC is there or not. So what I’m wondering is if there are any folder structure or file name restrictions for input. Like a character limit in file names or no special characters or etc. If not I’ll assume I just had a few bad files if they don’t show up in the game.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to have the program add in the titleid of the game to the name of the output file similar to how it adds [multi] or etc. There is another program out there that makes it semi easy to do that but it would be easier if it were all in one. I’m assuming the titleid is contained in the game files somewhere and could be extracted and used in the file generation name but I don’t know for sure. It would be nice if it were possible for it to do this but I don’t know how hard it would be to implement.

All in all a good experience. I processed somewhere around 40 titles and only had issues with DLC from a few games regarding the extra \ I mentioned previously.
Yeah, it does it when you split the content. I just didn't add the renaming option to other modes.
The \\ is how python represents routes, it's fine.
Some characters can broke the program, like & or ' currently and it had an issue with network drives that should've been solved yesterday.
@JRoad Have you considered to integrate a "tool" to check the updates (for NSC_Builder, not the games)? It looks like there's no way today to check the updates, besides going manually here or on Github. Thanks!
I'll take a look into it. I have to check GitHub's API.

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it does it when you split the content. I just didn't add the renaming option to other modes.
The \\ is how python represents routes, it's fine.
Some characters can broke the program, like & or ' currently and it had an issue with network drives that should've been solved yesterday.

I'll take a look into it. I have to check GitHub's API.

I don’t think the file had anything special in the name but can’t look at the moment as not at home. Only thing I saw was errno invalid path followed by the path. Then it gave a thumbs up and went to the next file. It only happened on one or two games that I know of and only on DLC content. Otherwise I had never seen anything like that during processing. Since I can’t use your program to check it since I split it into FAT32 portions I’ll have to load it up and see if the content is there or make another not split up.

Thanks again. Gonna do some more testing and etc when I get some more time to do so.

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I'm using your lastest build and something is not right.
The builder isn't converting anymore, the output folder is empty.

,;:;;,
;;;;;
.=', ;:;;:,
/_', "=. ';:;:;
@=:__, \,;:;:'
_(\.= ;:;;'
`"_( _/="`
`"'
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.

Everytime pops a new error for me, what may the cause of it? Because the older version was working with no issue.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well I'm using your lastest build and something is not right.
The builder isn't converting anymore, the output folder is empty.

;;;;;
`"_( _/="`
`"'
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.

Everytime pops a new error for me, what may the cause of it? Because the older version was working with no issue.
Which one 0.8-c or 0.8? Did you try with both. Both are in GitHub releases.
I commit a change in the batch code that was proposed for network drives and seemed to work fine in my case too. That was in 0.8-c
Test 0.8 to see if that is related. If so I'll think of a way to support both things.

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which one 0.8-c or 0.8? Did you try with both. Both are in GitHub releases.
I commit a change in the batch code that was proposed for network drives and seemed to work fine in my case too. That was in 0.8-c
Test 0.8 to see if that is related. If so I'll think of a way to support both things.
I tried both aswell and none is working for me, the folder output is always empty.
Got back to ver .079 and i'll try again if there's something from my PC.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried both aswell and none is working for me, the folder output is always empty.
Got back to ver .079 and i'll try again if there's something from my PC.
Can you check if your list.txt, mlist.txt, UPDlist.txt or splist.txt have the correct routes for the files?
It would be helpful to know where the root issue is.
I basically need to know if the batch is at fault or squirrel.exe is at fault.

Last edited by JRoad,

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. I am on 5.1.0 right now. When I tried to convert a masterkey7 [6.2.0] game or update (like Wargroove and Tales of Vesperia update file) to masterkey5 one [5.1.0] and install it, the NSP file is always corrupted. Does anybody know why?

Same for me, I thought I had my keys.txt fully populated but was still mising some keys. Once I updated keys.txt with all master keys then I was able to patch and install and play Tales of Vesperia update on 5.1FW

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dear sir,
my switch is still in 5.1 firmware, and i want to patch smash bros update to work in 5.1 system,
using NSCB_080c_64bits (win 7 sp1 64 bit), but the result after converting in output folder, the file size is only 1 kb

here is the log status of the program :

"
" BASED IN THE WORK OF BLAWAR AND LUCA FRAGA
"
VERSION 0.80 (BETA)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Program's github: https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER
Blawar's github: https://github.com/blawar
Blawar's tinfoil: https://github.com/digableinc/tinfoil
Luca Fraga's github: https://github.com/LucaFraga
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Processing C:\Users\Asus\Desktop\xci\SMBU Update + DLC-20181210T025337Z-001\SMB
U Update + DLC\Super Smash Bros Ultimate Update v1.1.0 [softcobra.com].nsp

;;;;;
`"_( _/="`
`"'
NSP HAS TITLERIGHTS AND TICKET EXISTS
rightsId = 0x1006a800016e8000000000000000007
titleKeyDec = b'b6153cd2d28e9b06296ae4cdff30b710'
masterKeyRev = 0x7
Copying files:

-> Copying: 3376ad8b1b9d7f3c08e994f38624acb2.nca
Removing titlerights for 3376ad8b1b9d7f3c08e994f38624acb2.nca
Writing masterKeyRev for 3376ad8b1b9d7f3c08e994f38624acb2.nca, 7
Exception: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
-----------------
Repacking as nsp
-----------------
File Not Found
Generating nsp:
- Writing header...
DONE

/@
\ \
___\ \
(__O) \
(____@) \
(____@) \
(__o)_ \
\ \

HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN TIME
STILL 0 FILES TO PROCESS
---------------------------------------------------
*********** ALL FILES WERE PROCESSED! *************

Input "0" to go back to the mode selection
Input "1" to exit the program

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
dear sir,
my switch is still in 5.1 firmware, and i want to patch smash bros update to work in 5.1 system,
using NSCB_080c_64bits (win 7 sp1 64 bit), but the result after converting in output folder, the file size is only 1 kb

here is the log status of the program :

"
"
VERSION 0.80 (BETA)
-----
-----
Processing C:\Users\Asus\Desktop\xci\SMBU Update + DLC-20181210T025337Z-001\SMB
U Update + DLC\Super Smash Bros Ultimate Update v1.1.0 [softcobra.com].nsp

;;;;;
`"_( _/="`
`"'
masterKeyRev = 0x7
Copying files:

-----------------
Repacking as nsp
-----------------
File Not Found
Generating nsp:
- Writing header...
DONE

/@
\ \
___\ \
(__O) \
(____@) \
(____@) \
(__o)_ \
\ \

HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN TIME
STILL 0 FILES TO PROCESS
*********** ALL FILES WERE PROCESSED! *************

Input "0" to go back to the mode selection
I'd say, if keys are right that it's a route problem. Could be that your file of origin is in the Desktop or were your program is. Try a simple folder name in your drives root and to dragging the file from other route that is not the desktop.

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the advice sir, i'll try it again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

dear sir,
im already moved the source file to the root of my drive D,
the result in output folder is stil 1kb file size,

bellow is the status log of the program :

-----
" POWERED BY SQUIRREL
"
"
VERSION 0.80 (BETA)
-----
-----
Processing D:\Super Smash Bros Ultimate Update v1.1.0.nsp

;;;;;
`"_( _/="`
`"'
masterKeyRev = 0x7
Copying files:

-----------------
Repacking as nsp
-----------------
File Not Found
Generating nsp:
- Writing header...
-------------------------------
Repacking as xci
-------------------------------
Generating XCI:

- Writing XCI header...
- Writing XCI game info...
- Generating padding...
- Writing XCI certificate...
- Writing ROOT HFS0 header...
- Writing UPDATE partition header...
Calculated multiplier: 1
- Writing NORMAL partition header...
- Writing SECURE partition header...
> Appending 0
> Appending 3376ad8b1b9d7f3c08e994f38624acb2.nca
0%|? | 63.5k/14.1M [00:00<00:01, 10.6MB/s]T
raceback (most recent call last):
File "squirrel.py", line 2083, in <module>
File "Fs\Xci.py", line 2079, in pack
File "lib\aes128.py", line 312, in __init__
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
[2648] Failed to execute script squirrel
DONE

/@
\ \
___\ \
(__O) \
(____@) \
(____@) \
(__o)_ \
\ \

HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN TIME

Input "0" to go to the mode selection

Enter your choice:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious