ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 739,550
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike NES Online, an eShop account should not be required in a normal game.
I have only heard of "Pang", but I can not confirm because of existing account.
But that doesn't make sense and it would be outrageous.
There are games :
Pianista , Fallout Shelter
those games need to have the account linked

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are games :
Pianista , Fallout Shelter
those games need to have the account linked

Then there must be something wrong with the files.
I guarantee that it's not required to have a linked eShop account if you have the retail game at home.
Why? Makes no sense at all. They can't force you because you bought a game.
That would be ridiculous.

But stop ...
Makes only sense if the games exist only as download title.
So they could check easy: if you bought the game you MUST have an account anyway.
If not you can't have the original, a good check for BigN.
For retail titles it still makes no sense at all !!!

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I have a two questions:

1) Let’s say I wanna make a XCI of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Nintendo has released three updates so far: v1.1, v1.2 and v.1.2.1. Can I just download the game (XCI) and the latest update 1.2.1 (NSP) and create a new XCI? Or should I download every updates and add them in the XCI file?

2) Let’s say that I have created my "big" XCI file with game + update. What happens when a new update is released. Can I take the XCI (which has the game + previous update) created before with NSC and add the new update?

Thank you!

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Hi! I have a two questions:

1) Let’s say I wanna make a XCI of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Nintendo has released three updates so far: v1.1, v1.2 and v.1.2.1. Can I just download the game (XCI) and the latest update 1.2.1 (NSP) and create a new XCI? Or should I download every updates and add them in the XCI file?

2) Let’s say that I have created my "big" XCI file with game + update. What happens when a new update is released. Can I take the XCI (which has the game + previous update) created before with NSC and add the new update?

Thank you!

1) Just the 1.0.0 XCI and latest update is fine. In NSC Builder use mode 2 (multi) for this.

2) You can use the XCI created in step 1 and simply apply the new update and/or DLC. Use mode 4 (update) for this. It'll ask if you want to remove previous updates (I assume to save space, since they're redundant anyway)

sukubo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello !!!! I'm having an error in some dependecies, also the program cant find "keys.txt", i have install python 3.7... also python its on the path of windows 10... anyone have any idea? The error of dependecies are in all site-packages of python as i see, i cant post any picture since im a new member

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I tell if my patched nsp worked, I combined base game with update and installed the nsp, does the nsp show the updated version number or the base nsp version number?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello !!!! I'm having an error in some dependecies, also the program cant find "keys.txt", i have install python 3.7... also python its on the path of windows 10... anyone have any idea? The error of dependecies are in all site-packages of python as i see, i cant post any picture since im a new member
For the next release squirrel will be built into an ex
@JRoad have you seen this error before:

Exception: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
The semaphore timeout period has expired.
The semaphore timeout period has expired.
I never had it happen to me to be honest.

About the dependencies I'm going to release a beta trough the week that has all Python dependencies embedded in an exe it will also get rid of hacbuild moving the xci building to squirrel and improving the building speeds greatly.
For the keys.txt you need to provide them to the program. You can get them with lockpick if your firmware is 6.2

How can I tell if my patched nsp worked, I combined base game with update and installed the nsp, does the nsp show the updated version number or the base nsp version number?
As far as I'm aware only dz-tinfoil, SX installer and SX installer support multi content nsp installation.
Dunno about goldleaf since I didn't tested the installation with it.

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try Dz tinfoil once I figure out why it crashes my switch when I load it up, maybe I will try gold leaf too and report back. OG tinfoil installed the nap but I can't verify it installed the update

H8-KR

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I already succeed build to XCI with the result XCI file and zip with number filenames. So i copy it to SD Card and boot with SX OS Pro, but in gamelist they show without logo and can't be opened. Where is my mistakes?

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
I already succeed build to XCI with the result XCI file and zip with number filenames. So i copy it to SD Card and boot with SX OS Pro, but in gamelist they show without logo and can't be opened. Where is my mistakes?

I had this problem too, I updated my cfw to 6.2 and used the latest keys from 6.2, it fixed the issue.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So with this I can build one XCI file out of ... let's say:
  • BotW [base].nsp
  • BotW [upd 1.0.7].nsp
  • BotW [DLC1].nsp
  • BotW [DLC2].nsp

correct?
A few questions on that:
  1. Does it matter whether I have the base game as NSP or XCI?
  2. Does it work with SX OS to load such all-in-one-XCI from my USB drive?
  3. Does the SX OS rommenu show the version of the game while hovering the XCI (e.g. 1.0.7)?
  4. Does Horizon show the version of the game when I press + on that game on the home screen?
  5. If a new update for a game arrives, can I use NSC_Builder with that update NSP file and my "old" all-in-one-XCI to merge the new update in easily?
  6. Did anyone try to install such all-in-one-XCIs using n1dus or converting them with 4NXCI back to NSP and install those NSPs with any title installer?
  7. Bonus question if 6. works: Can I split that back to NSP converted file with the splitNsp.py Python script and install it with n1dus?
Every single answered question is very appreciated, even if someone can answer only one of the questions.
As an only Atmosphère user (which has a SX Pro) this might be the only use case for launching SX OS again from time to time if I could build XCI files that contain everything of a game and launch them from USB.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1. No it doesn't matter but if you are using a xci for Zelda rev1 and rev2 have updates incorporated so you have to erase the updates using update mode. Put the xci as base, then set content to add and then say to remove the previous update.
2.Yes
3. Normally yes, if not is due to their way of scanning the xci. It'll show on the system.
4.Yes
5. Yes, using update mode.
6. N1dus works and SX OS installer works best. You can also split their content with NSCB or 4nxci or make a multi nap Wich works with blawar tinfoil, SX installer and SX is rommenu.
7. That's not how splitnsp works. You can through NSCB but they'll be titlerights-remove nap since I didn't add titlerights-remove restoration yet.
Titlerights-remove nsps also work in atmosphere with the4n patches. For a full configured pack I recommend singularité:
https://github.com/RShadowhand/singularite/releases

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. No it doesn't matter but if you are using a xci for Zelda rev1 and rev2 have updates incorporated so you have to erase the updates using update mode. Put the xci as base, then set content to add and then say to remove the previous update.
2.Yes
3. Normally yes, if not is due to their way of scanning the xci. It'll show on the system.
4.Yes
5. Yes, using update mode.
6. N1dus works and SX OS installer works best. You can also split their content with NSCB or 4nxci or make a multi nap Wich works with blawar tinfoil, SX installer and SX is rommenu.
7. That's not how splitnsp works. You can through NSCB but they'll be titlerights-remove nap since I didn't add titlerights-remove restoration yet.
Titlerights-remove nsps also work in atmosphere with the4n patches. For a full configured pack I recommend singularité:
https://github.com/RShadowhand/singularite/releases
Thanks for taking on every single question mate! Sounds very promising.
I'm going to do a few tests this week and look if SX OS still has it. :P
If it's working like I hope it does, I'd go through my entire collection to have fully updated and DLC including XCIs of every game.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for taking on every single question mate! Sounds very promising.
I'm going to do a few tests this week and look if SX OS still has it. :P
If it's working like I hope it does, I'd go through my entire collection to have fully updated and DLC including XCIs of every game.
If you want to wait a little I'll release a faster version on Friday as beta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT