"NSP Forwarder Generator" - An online tool to create NRO/RetroArch forwarders

synther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to have an error where when I make the forwarder it can’t be installed. Tinfoil, dbi, and goldleaf are unable to install it. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong cause all of the information is correct

Update: got it to download, but when I try to open it the game just enters retroarch saying it couldn’t be found/opened. It’s all correct

Last edited by synther,

tootallnate

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
n8.io
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have an error where when I make the forwarder it can’t be installed. Tinfoil, dbi, and goldleaf are unable to install it. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong cause all of the information is correct

Update: got it to download, but when I try to open it the game just enters retroarch saying it couldn’t be found/opened. It’s all correct

What is the path for the game ROM that you are entering?

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK so I finally got my lazy ass around to dumping my prod.keys files and was able to successfully create my NSP file. Thing is, the forwarder I wanted to create was retroarch (the homebrew, not a specific rom), so the forwarder crashes when I try to launch it, because of the holding R thing you need to do on a Switch game before launching retroarch. Any way to circumvent this please, so the forwarder can work without the need for the hold R step ?

tootallnate

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
n8.io
XP
Country
United States
OK so I finally got my lazy ass around to dumping my prod.keys files and was able to successfully create my NSP file. Thing is, the forwarder I wanted to create was retroarch (the homebrew, not a specific rom), so the forwarder crashes when I try to launch it, because of the holding R thing you need to do on a Switch game before launching retroarch. Any way to circumvent this please, so the forwarder can work without the need for the hold R step ?

Forwarders are already launched in full memory access mode, so you don't need to do the whole hold R thing. Just launch it normally.

Reactions: iiTzSamurai

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Seems there was a bug. I was able to figure it out. The "Enable Screenshots" checkbox should be working now.
Post automatically merged:

Forwarders are somewhat portable. I am able to use forwarders generated with one of my Switch's prod.keys file on my other Switch. I'm not sure exactly where the compatibility boundary is, but I'm guessing it's related to the OS version.

As for if prod.keys is absolutely necessary, the answer is yes. The underlying hacbrewpack tool requires the prod.keys file to be provided, and I would not feel comfortable supplying a default set on the website. If it makes you feel any better though, all processing is done completely within your browser (the prod.keys file never gets uploaded to any server).

Also, you'll want to use Lockpick RCM (the payload, that you need to inject from your payload injector or Hekate), and not the Lockpick homebrew app (which no longer works).
You only need sigpatches (https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/) on the console and/or sys-patch (https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch) running at startup in order the forwarder can run.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most likely you're entering the wrong path to the NRO file. Can you screenshot what you are entering? And double check that it's the correct path to the NRO file on your SD card.
I did double check and it's correct, and I have the same issue when using Cave or Create Saturn NSP to inject games into Cotton Boomerang. The custom channel never works. My Retroarch NSP file is 324 ko, if that helps.

Here's here screencaps

cap.jpg

cap.jpg

And that's the error I get :

1691380920672.jpeg

Last edited by Ligeia,

tootallnate

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
n8.io
XP
Country
United States
I did double check and it's correct, and I have the same issue when using Cave or Create Saturn NSP to inject games into Cotton Boomerang. The custom channel never works. My Retroarch NSP file is 324 ko, if that helps.

Here's here screencaps

View attachment 386977

View attachment 386978

View attachment 386982

Hmmmm, that NRO path looks correct to me. I have Retroarch at the same place on my SD card. Creating a forwarder directly to Retroarch works fine for me. Have you tried creating other forwarders, and do they work?

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmmmm, that NRO path looks correct to me. I have Retroarch at the same place on my SD card. Creating a forwarder directly to Retroarch works fine for me. Have you tried creating other forwarders, and do they work?
Yes, I tried to inject several Saturn games into Cotton Boomerang, using Create Saturn NSP and Cave Manager, and the result is always the same, I get that same error when launching the channel from the Switch Menu.

I haven't tried creating other forwarders throught the website as I don't feel the need for homebrew forwarders except for retroarch.
Post automatically merged:

For the sake of trying I created a forwarder of DBI, but the result was the same.

Last edited by Ligeia,

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK it seems the problem was my prod.keys file, it didn't seem there was an issue when I ripped them the first time, but I tried again just in case and it works with the new prod.keys file !

Thanks for the help

Reactions: tootallnate

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm super curious about using this tool, though I wish there was a good source to look into which retroarch cores work the closest to full speed on Switch, as I'd like to make forwarders of games and/or emulators that are worth using there, since for stuff like GBA I use the NSO app.. if there's an actual source for this then I'm probably just blind :P

Ashir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Here's here screencaps

View attachment 386977

View attachment 386978

View attachment 386982
I'm having this problem. I redumped my prodkeys using Lockpick_RCM (FUCK YOU Nintendo!) but I'm still having this error. Tried with multiple NROs and all fail...

Please help!

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm having this problem. I redumped my prodkeys using Lockpick_RCM (FUCK YOU Nintendo!) but I'm still having this error. Tried with multiple NROs and all fail...

Please help!
Maybe try to redump prod keys again ? If it could fail once for me, it might fail twice who knows. I don't know what else to suggest.

Ashir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Maybe try to redump prod keys again ? If it could fail once for me, it might fail twice who knows. I don't know what else to suggest.
Try it again, no luck. Also try SAK-Master, same results.

I forgot to tell, I'm running FW 16.0.3 / AMS 1.5.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SDA @ SDA: 40 years have passed, and GAINAX has declared bankruptcy. Neon Genesis Evangelion fans... come.