Homebrew RELEASE NSPatch - Patch NSP Files to their actual needed FW version

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Oh, another thing, I'm not sure if this is my understanding of the Keyblobs, but I think your list of keys and firmwares is (slightly) wrong?

Example, *insert game here*, when installed unpatched, complains about needing to be updated from 4.1.0 to latest.

However, I run it through the patcher, it states it can be now played on 4.0.0.

Am I misunderstanding them?

__
EDIT: Can I do the same thing with updates as I can with games aswell? Or is there a risk of brick/corruption/etc?

Last edited by ,

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So today I am presenting you: NSPatch

What does this do?
It extracts NSP containers using hactool, patches them to require the minimum needed FW version of the corresponding minimum needed Masterkey Revision required for crypto and then repacks the NSP container using a modified build of @rkk 's nspBuild.

View attachment 137613

This is a handy tool - could you have it read the input name and output the filename characters then-p.nsp as the filename. ie mynspfile.nsp becomes mynspfile-p.nsp, also having a checkbox to trim the resulting filename to less than 20 characters for devmenu users (not sure if 20 char is the limit).

D

Deleted User

Tried with Octopath and Shining Resonance, both which report that 4.0.0 is the minimum they'll work on. Have 4.1.0. Still getting system update required.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a handy tool - could you have it read the input name and output the filename characters then-p.nsp as the filename. ie mynspfile.nsp becomes mynspfile-p.nsp, also having a checkbox to trim the resulting filename to less than 20 characters for devmenu users (not sure if 20 char is the limit).
Yeah that'd be possible but I'd need to reinplement nspbuild in C# and I'm currently working on the update stuff, but if anyone is willing to, open a pr with a reimpl of nspbuild

D

Deleted User

Tried with Octopath and Shining Resonance, both which report that 4.0.0 is the minimum they'll work on. Have 4.1.0. Still getting system update required.

Installed with DevMenu.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Installed with DevMenu.
I think they should work on 4.0.0 but reports are also saying 4.1.0

D

Deleted User

I think they should work on 4.0.0 but reports are also saying 4.1.0
That's real weird then. Does your program require admin privledges or something?

It goes through the whole process without issue. Except, well, doesn't seem like it's patching it at all.

D

Deleted User

Tried shortening the names down to just a few characters, no go.
Tried admin privileges, no go.
Tried patching after already patching, no go.
Tried installing with Tinfoil, no go.
Tried installing with LayeredFS DevMenu, no go.

I carefully watched the program, and double check to see what firmware ends up being minimum, always 4.0.0 for the ones I'm trying to patch.

I don't understand ?_? Strange.

Last edited by ,

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tried shortening the names down to just a few characters, no go.
Tried admin privileges, no go.
Tried patching after already patching, no go.
Tried installing with Tinfoil, no go.
Tried installing with LayeredFS DevMenu, no go.

I carefully watched the program, and double check to see what firmware ends up being minimum, always 4.0.0 for the ones I'm trying to patch.

I don't understand ?_? Strange.

I had a similar issue, where the app said it was sucessful but the new file (patched.nsp) was 0 kb. I had to change the way the app called the python script for repacking, intead of directly calling it I had to call cmd.exe and then pass the script + arguments as a whole argument, and then it worked.

To be sure if your file is really edited check manually its RequiredSystemVersion

Last edited by Scarecrow B,

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Installed with DevMenu.
Octopath definitely works on 4.1. Try zeroing out the required systemversion manually in a hex editor. Install with tinfoil too.

D

Deleted User

I had a similar issue, where the app said it was sucessful but the new file (patched.nsp) was 0 kb. I had to change the way the app called the python script for repacking, intead of directly calling it I had to call cmd.exe and then pass the script + arguments as a whole argument, and then it worked.

To be sure if your file is really edited check manually its RequiredSystemVersion
Oh. Well shit. I didn't see that it made a new NSP, I figured it was just straight up patching the one I selected.
Infact, I checked the folder that the app was in, and you're right, it was simply a 0kb file called Patched.nsp.

I don't know a lick of Python, so I guess I'm shit out of luck until this is fixed properly. Shall be waiting!

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Well shit. I didn't see that it made a new NSP, I figured it was just straight up patching the one I selected.
Infact, I checked the folder that the app was in, and you're right, it was simply a 0kb file called Patched.nsp.

I don't know a lick of Python, so I guess I'm shit out of luck until this is fixed properly. Shall be waiting!
Just edit the nsp in a hex editor. It takes like two seconds.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Giving it a try now.
Hopefully Ikaruga don't need that update I have for it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Worked straight away. Thanks for the tip!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Worked straight away. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Kobigov

Migz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if i'm reading this right there no way of patching 3.01 or above to work on a 3.0.0 firmware or below?

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
major update in the works. fixes the update problem and the mkey detection.
should be out later today.
NSPatch.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol