Astrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This post is about a question relating to modding a switch without a mod chip

I own a 2018 Nintendo Switch Let’s Go Eevee edition but had to check the serial number and sadly, it’s patched.. bummer..

Is there any way without using a mod chip to homebrew this thing? I’m hoping any new software or anything related to get some custom themes, etc. onto it.

Please read: I am not willing to buy and install a mod chip.

If you have any ideas or methods, please tell me as I’ve been searching for a while and only finding hardware methods and it is definitely not what I want.

Any support or answers is appreciated. If there is software coming out in the future, that’s okay with me to wait but I’d like to know if there’s anything currently going about.

Thanks,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there is a flash cart for the Switch called MIG Switch ....but i am sure you cant use homebrew with it....its more a piracy device
Its not worth buying; they're pricey much more than a modchip, and its very limited as to what you can do (such as running homebrew). You'd be better off chipping your Switch, if you understand the risks of doing so. It requires a very knowledgeable skillset of soldering to very small points on the motherboard. If you're not confident enough, my advice is to send it to someone like @Modzvilleusa or a phone repair store near you.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way you are gonna get everything here you listed that you want, is with a modchip. As SylverRez above said, pay to have it chipped, buy an already chipped Switch or a V1 unpatched Switch, or deal without. Good luck.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I own a 2018 Nintendo Switch Let’s Go Eevee edition but had to check the serial number and sadly, it’s patched.. bummer..

Is there any way without using a mod chip to homebrew this thing? I’m hoping any new software or anything related to get some custom themes, etc. onto it.

Please read: I am not willing to buy and install a mod chip.

If you have any ideas or methods, please tell me as I’ve been searching for a while and only finding hardware methods and it is definitely not what I want.

Any support or answers is appreciated. If there is software coming out in the future, that’s okay with me to wait but I’d like to know if there’s anything currently going about.

Thanks,

Let go eevee is rcm patched.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No you can keep all your homebrew, NSP files, etc on Emunand, then go back to Sysnand and play online with Eshop games/carts as long as your Sysnand was clean when setting up.
I did misread that part, thought they meant use both Sys and Emu for online.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No you can keep all your homebrew, NSP files, etc on Emunand, then go back to Sysnand and play online with Eshop games/carts as long as your Sysnand was clean when setting up.
The homebrew part and some mods can also be used on sysnand, only really things affecting online play and any nsp/xci install while going online will lead to a ban. Also some modification of telemetry already send, but that's something no one should do anyway.

About the main topic.
There will probably be no way besides rcm on older switches or modchip on patched switches, that can be used for modding.
For legal backups and piracy(only offline best on cfw) of gamecards, there will also be the mentiomed mig switch, but for piracy it might not be worth the price, unless it maybe gets a price cut/clone later on.

Reactions: Astrex and BigOnYa

Astrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for your help
Post automatically merged:

I suppose I’ll be stuck without mods until the future. Thank you for the updated info
Post automatically merged:

The homebrew part and some mods can also be used on sysnand, only really things affecting online play and any nsp/xci install while going online will lead to a ban. Also some modification of telemetry already send, but that's something no one should do anyway.

About the main topic.
There will probably be no way besides rcm on older switches or modchip on patched switches, that can be used for modding.
For legal backups and piracy(only offline best on cfw) of gamecards, there will also be the mentiomed mig switch, but for piracy it might not be worth the price, unless it maybe gets a price cut/clone later on.
I understand, I’ll have to get a modchip.
I’d rather wait for more reliable homebrew that may release in the future though.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I understand, I’ll have to get a modchip.
I’d rather wait for more reliable homebrew that may release in the future though.
Just keep in mind, that another way might never come, nintendo really did a good job this time.
We also only have what we currently have because of nvidia fuckups in the bootrom.
To get cfw we would need to exploit the trustzone layer, or at least the kernel, but trustzone and kernel are pretty small, so they can be properly reviewed and kept secure enough, to prevent exploitable bugs.

Reactions: Astrex and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto