Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something related I found using my DSTWO with the Twlbg.cxi applied (I didn't uninstall it as I was under the impression it didn't patch anything if you used the normal card launcher) will cause very abnormal behavior in homebrew applications. nesDS touchscreen failed to respond and Gameyob would give Guru Meditation upon loading roms, and I had a retail game crash at least once. Are these patches applied at system boot or when TWL mode in launched?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Something related I found using my DSTWO with the Twlbg.cxi applied (I didn't uninstall it as I was under the impression it didn't patch anything if you used the normal card launcher) will cause very abnormal behavior in homebrew applications. nesDS touchscreen failed to respond and Gameyob would give Guru Meditation upon loading roms, and I had a retail game crash at least once. Are these patches applied at system boot or when TWL mode in launched?

Patches applied when TWL_FIRM boots. However you may soon no longer need the patch. Have you tried launching the DSTWO with my new build of NTR Launcher? The latest alt build no longer requires the dev launcher patch. :D

I also have a test build of NitroHax that no longer needs it:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nitrohax...-working-as-a-cia.438638/page-20#post-6649358

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo must be one of the those carts current dumpers have issues dumping correctly. Does Decrypt9/WoodDumper hae issues dumping the rom? If so check if there's corruption in the arm9 area and beyond. My DS-Xtreme has that issue and also doesn't work with NTR Luancher or NItroHax.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Are you sure the dump is valid? Look at it in a hex editor. There might be corruption in the arm9 area and beyond. Though if it has a valid icon, chances are it wasn't corrupted then.

If that's the case the NitroHax card read code just needs to be updated I guess.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good. I wonder if it has anything to do with the DSTWO's bypass routines being unique to it and not any other cards though I might be very wrong about that.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What code do I change to get the DSTWO working? Also, how do I get the splash screen to show up? The SFX only plays.

EDIT: Looks like the splash bug is caused by enabling FAT.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

TarableCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried using 4bpp tiles for your frames?
You might be able to make it look a bit smoother by adding more frames and the reduced graphics size should make it possible.

I took a brief look at the code and I'd love to tinker with it if I had more free time but I just thought I'd mention the idea.
:)

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
you forgot to put nintendo logo under where is says dsi the nintedo logos their when a nds game is in the ds so it would be a good idea to put it their

MikeModder007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you forgot to put nintendo logo under where is says dsi the nintedo logos their when a nds game is in the ds so it would be a good idea to put it their
Perhapsitwouldhelpisgrammer.Doyouevenrammer?Idontthinky
Also stuff that isnt off topic:
Cool!

EDIT: Hid off topic in spoiler

Last edited by MikeModder007,

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using 4bpp tiles for your frames?
You might be able to make it look a bit smoother by adding more frames and the reduced graphics size should make it possible.

I took a brief look at the code and I'd love to tinker with it if I had more free time but I just thought I'd mention the idea.
:)

Well now that I'm using TWL clock speeds I don't have issues playing it full speed. I might be able to push 20FPS with it if I wanted to. But the current way it's coded would make doing that time consuming not to mention it would take forever to compile. :P

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey Apache Thunder,

I wanted to modify your code (change the last bit in the clock register to disable downlocking to use for some emulators), so I cloned the AltBuild branch from your GitHub and compiled from source (of course using ahazel's libnds and Modemax). Without modifying anything for now.

Problem is - it's not working. Bit31 is set according to the compiled app.
Am I missing something?

Reactions: TarkinMX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...